Author Topic: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One  (Read 24289 times)

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Segment 3
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2015, 08:57:42 PM »
3 for me

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
I'll do 1 and 5...stop at .60 and above.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2015, 09:42:53 PM »
First we'll let JustBecause have his spin of the Big Wheel... around and around she goes, and this is getting close...

*assorted boops*

90 <

Well, no dollar, but it would've been a great spin even so, with 90 cents. Hop right on over to the turntable and we'll see who joins you momentarily.

SuperSweeper, step right up and spin this wheel! There he goes... and look at this! That dollar is coming near...

*assorted boops*

15 <

...oh! Just slid off, so its 15 cents. He's going again, and let's see where it lands...

*assorted boops*

60 <

Sixty cents more, for a total of 75 cents. Stand right there under the scoreboard and let's see what cu can do. He sets the wheel in motion, and...

*assorted boops*

20 <

...he did NOT win with one spin, only twenty cents. Will he win with two? Here's the moment of truth...

*assorted boops*

25 <

...right past the 70 that would have done it. Twenty plus twenty-five is only 45 cents, and that's not enough. Thanks for playing here with us, cu, and I hope you enjoy those bicycles.

SuperSweeper, you're going to be in the Showcases! We'll set those up and be right back to present them to you.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2015, 09:55:38 PM »
Here we are back, with our fabulous showcases!

JustBecause, you are the top winner on our program today, and SuperSweeper, you are the runner-up. Each of you will have a showcase full of wonderful and exciting prizes to bid on. The one who bids closest to the actual retail price of their without going over will win it. However, if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the retail price of your showcase, then you will win both showcases!

JustBecause, as top winner, you will have the choice of bidding on the first showcase or passing it to SuperSweeper and waiting for the second one. Without further ado, let's hand control over to Randy and present the first showcase!

Cue 56 begins to play...

For today's first showcase, we're going to pay a visit to J.C. Pricey's Department Store!

On the first floor, we have the appliance section, and our elevator doors slide back to reveal a new washer and dryer!

(Guint leans on the washer and dryer)

The Maxima XL washer and dryer employ steam cleaning to power away even the toughest stains. Not only are they high-efficiency, but high-capacity as well, so you can run fewer loads of laundry and use less energy doing so, courtesy of Maytag!

Next we move up to the second floor, and it's the accessories department. This time, when the doors open, we find a stylish set of luggage!

(cu2010 models the luggage)

This four-piece set of Hays luggage includes three rolling suitcases and a carry-on bag. Each suitcase features a telescoping handle for easy one-handed use and a built-in TSA-approved combination lock!

Now you can take that luggage straight up to the third floor, where the J.C. Pricey Travel Agency operates. They'll make sure that luggage follows along with you on your wonderful trip to London!

(cu poses in front of the trip skin with the luggage from downstairs)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to London, England for a six-night stay at the Four Seasons London at Canary Wharf in a premier king room with a panoramic view of the River Thames. Take in all the city has to offer, including the London Eye, Buckingham Palace, and the British Museum!

Finally, the elevator is taking us down, down, down... all the way to the basement. What's down here, you ask? It's the parking garage, where you'll be leaving the store in your brand-new car!

(Guint sits in the driver's seat of the car)

It's the 2015 Honda Civic LX Sedan, a sporty little four-door that gets nearly 40 miles per gallon of fuel on the highway! It comes with standard equipment, continuously variable transmission, alloy wheels, fog lights, remote start, and California emissions, the Honda Civic!

And this showcase, full of wonderful prizes from J.C. Pricey's Department Store, can be yours... if the price is right!

There you have it, JustBecause, the first showcase. Are you a-bidding or will you be a-passing to SuperSweeper?

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2015, 10:13:38 PM »
I'd bid $30,250.
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline JustBecause

« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2015, 10:14:02 PM »
I am going to BID on this showcase...and I'm going to bid $31,501

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2015, 10:28:38 PM »
$31,501 he says, done and done. *ding*

And now, SuperSweeper, you have the second showcase for your very own, and...

(a certain cue begins to play)

...oh no. No no no no. Randy, say it isn't so. Come on, I'm begging you...

I'm afraid it IS so, Scott. SuperSweeper, your showcase is nothing but furniture! And what better way to start off a showcase full of furniture than with this sectional living room!

(cu2010 lounges on the sectional)

This four-piece Veronica seating group comfortably seats the whole family and goes well with the other furniture in your home. It's tan Broyhill furniture, and maybe some of it reclines.

Then to go under that furniture, we have Stainmaster carpet too!

(cu grudgingly gets off the sofa to show off the carpeting)

50 square yards of Stainmaster's Coronado Bay carpeting, designed specifically to both look and feel amazing when installed in your home. As stain resistant as it is plush, you won't even have to worry about life's little accidents, thanks to the fine folks at Stainmaster!

So we've fixed up your living room very nicely, but now it's meal time, and you'll enjoy that meal with a little touch of class in your elegant dining room!

(Guint is eating dinner at the table)

From Ashley Furniture, we have the Larchmont dining room set, consisting of an extendable table, eight chairs, and a china buffet cabinet. Its solid wood framework and faux leather upholstery bring Old World construction into the modern age.

And for your table, we have this fine dinnerware!

(Guint holds up some of the china, thankfully not the dirty ones he was eating off of)

For each of your guests, we have a five-piece Palmyre china set and five-piece Modigliani stainless steel flatware set so you and your party can dine in style. It's Michael C. Fina and you!

Finally, we have a real treat to end your showcase. Now, you will still have nothing to drive - no car, no truck, no van... that's okay, though, because your last piece of furniture is not a driver's seat, but rather a captain's chair, aboard your brand new boat!

(cu stands aboard the boat)

It's the Bayliner 175 Bowrider 17.5-foot powerboat! Fly over the water using the 135-horsepower engine in this boat that seats seven people! We've added a fiberglass liner, and a trailer is included!

And this showcase, full of furniture but empty of ways to get it home, can all be yours... but only if the price is right!

Well, that could have been worse, I suppose. SuperSweeper, it's your showcase, what do you bid?

Offline Coupon Boy

« Reply #82 on: March 16, 2015, 10:33:51 PM »
I 'd bid $25,000.
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2015, 10:46:48 PM »
Wow, I'm not sure where to go here. 

*thinks*

I'm going to bid $28,671.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2015, 11:17:38 PM »
$28,671 for that second showcase. *ding*

Now let's see whose bid is the best. SuperSweeper, we'll start with you. You bid $28,671 on that showcase, with a living room, dining room, and a boat. The actual retail price of that showcase is...

$30,597

...for a difference of... *ding*

$1,926 - not a bad bid, Sweeper! Let's see if it holds up. JustBecause, you bid $31,501 on your showcase, with a washer/dryer combo, luggage, a trip to London, and that Honda Civic. The actual retail price of your showcase is...

$32,674

...for a difference of...

Just $1,173 - that means you're the winner!

*many dings, and the Main Theme begins*

He's won it all today, folks! The only one to win a pricing game, he also won his showcase, and a total of...

$41,603 in assorted prizes! Great work, JustBecause! Run right over there to those prizes, while we wrap things up here.

I'd like to thank everyone who signed up to play, whether you were called on down or not. This is Scott Bond here reminding you to help control the pet population; please have your pets spayed or neutered. Goodbye everybody!

WHAMMY007'S PRICE IS RIGHT

HOSTED BY:
Scott Bond

ANNOUNCER:
Randy West

GRAPHICS:
Art Tiste

PRIZE COORDINATOR:
Bill O. Sayle

SPECIAL THANKS:
Marc Green
Jordan Arnott

HOST'S WARDROBE PROVIDED BY:
Lowest Bidder Clothing, Inc.

CAMERA OPERATOR:
I.C. Cleary

DIRECTOR:
Dick Tatour

PRODUCED BY:
Scott Bond

CREATED BY:
Mark Goodson

"The Price is Right" is a trademark of FremantleMedia.
No copyright infringement is intended.

A Golden-Road Production (C) MMXV

Randy West: Stay tuned for The Young and The Restless, over most of these CBS stations!

So there you have it folks, that's a wrap! I welcome any questions, criticisms, or other comments that anyone might have. Who knows, if the reaction is sufficiently positive, I might do another show somewhere down the line. Meanwhile, I'll see you around the boards!

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: whammy007's Price is Right: Episode One - Showcases
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
Congrats, JustBecause!   :-D

Thanks for having me, whammy!  Please do consider hosting again - you did an excellent job.   :biggrin:

Offline JustBecause

« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2015, 10:34:53 AM »
Thanks SuperSweeper. Good game. :biggrin:

And whammy, I might be biased since I won a lot, but dare I say that this was the best HYO show in a long time. You should definitely do another one in the future :P

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #87 on: March 17, 2015, 10:47:56 AM »
And whammy, I might be biased since I won a lot, but dare I say that this was the best HYO show in a long time. You should definitely do another one in the future :P

Speaking as someone who won an unannounced CNAOS prize, if there was one/any... :P

I thought it was awesome, Scott! Would love to see you do another one, you do these really well, as expected; lives up to the high quality of your Wheel shows. It's a much welcomed and needed interruption from the T&C channel. Absolutely second JB's notion.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #88 on: March 17, 2015, 11:19:35 AM »
And I third his notion. You did an outstanding job for your first show, whammy! Even though I didn't get to play (and my perfect streak of playing in every single HYO show I've signed up for is now done), it was great quality and enjoyable to watch. I look forward to your next show!
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #89 on: March 17, 2015, 11:24:38 AM »
Thanks for the support, everyone! Hopefully, I will get a chance to do another show in the future, although it might be a while to get another good script rounded out properly.

Speaking as someone who won an unannounced CNAOS prize, if there was one/any... :P

Yeah, I did forget that in the shuffle. Contestants not appearing on stage receive a $3 bill with Mike Richards' face on it and a copy of Splendido's Greatest Hits.  :P