Author Topic: New CSS Staff!  (Read 1539 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
New CSS Staff!
« on: March 18, 2015, 02:26:55 AM »
First off, I want to thank those of you who applied for the job. I had several great candidates apply, and it was a difficult decision to make.

In the end, one candidate stood out above the rest, primarily for the sheer amount of effort he put in to get to this point, so much where he could basically take over now as if nothing had happened if I really wanted him to (which I don't).

Please join me in welcoming Guint to the staff as our new CSS Co-Host, to become the sole Host at the beginning of Season 12.

We will be working out scheduling during the remainder of the short hiatus, but look for Guinty to host his first game this upcoming Monday. He and I will be switching off for the remainder of the season. Additionally, we will soon be beginning work on the format for this year's Playoffs, which are coming up fast.

Best of wishes to Guinty as he takes on this new challenge!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 08:51:29 AM by therealcu2010 »
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: New CSS Host!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:09:12 AM »
Congratulations Guint. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 11:09:16 AM »
Well, that didn't take long at all. Congrats to Guint!

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 11:36:01 AM »
Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 11:36:47 AM »
That's a surprise... congrats.

Maybe now Guint will play enough games of CSS to get over the line. :)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2015, 12:43:41 PM »
Congrats, Guint. May the Force be with you.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:28 PM »
Congrats Guinty!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 02:08:54 AM »
I should probably react to my own thread, shouldn't I? :P

So, um...thanks? And thanks cu for picking me?

I don't know what to say. I'd like to thank the Academy...I should stop posting at 2 in the morning when I have school and work to go to tomorrow...I need slezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

Nah, in all seriousness, thank you everybody! :)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: New CSS Staff!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 09:03:27 AM »
Guinty and I have had a chance to discuss scheduling, and this is how the rest of the season is going to play out.

Because we realized that having two different people rotate constantly may get confusing after a while in remembering who to send bids to on which day, I will continue to be the regular day-to-day host through the end of the Playoffs. Guint will be handing statistics duty, and will be posting the weekly leaderboards.

Any "exhibition" games- including any of those for the Live Shows, any specials that might arise, along with any games after the Playoffs end, will be hosted by Guint.

TL;DR, continue to send all bids to me going forward. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.