Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22  (Read 24917 times)

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22: Segment 6
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2015, 04:36:55 PM »
I'll go with 5 and 10, 15 for my bonus/spinoff, and I'll stop on 55 or higher.

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2015, 05:46:39 PM »
9 and 19, and I'll stop at 55 cents or higher if it beats the leader.

Also, I'll use 9 again for my bonus spin if need be.
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2015, 05:48:31 PM »
I'll use 4 and 3, and will stop on whatever beats or ties the leader(s)

(and 14 for a bonus spin).

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22: SCSD2
« Reply #108 on: April 28, 2015, 01:10:32 PM »
And the spinning starts with corneliuscarter!

(wheel beeps)

Let's see what the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is going to be worth. It looks like it's going to come to a stop on...85 cents.

And he says that's it for him.

DING!

Now it's up to Coupon Boy to beat 85.

(wheel beeps)

Will he do it with one spin, or at least tie corneliuscarter? Here comes that 85...get to that...OH!!!

(audience groans)

Not quite enough for that, you got 50 cents. Spin it again.

(wheel beeps)

And let's hope for 50 again, so you'll have a dollar. Or 35 to tie it up...and you did it.

Go right over there with corneliuscarter, and hope that JustBecause doesn't beat you both. JustBecause, spin that wheel!

(wheel beeps)

Let's see if you can beat them both to get into the Showcase. And it looks like you will need your second spin to do that...

...because you only got a dime. Spin it again.

(wheel beeps)

Now you need 75 to 90 in order to stay alive. There's that 75, stop on it...STOP!!!

(audience groans)

Well, that's not going to do, because you only got 65. But you did win lots of great prizes, and I hope you had fun today. Now corneliuscarter and Coupon Boy, you will now have a Spin-Off to see who goes to the Showcase. You each get one spin, and the better score wins. Let's start with corneliuscarter.

(wheel beeps)

Now we're looking for a good score. And...how about...75 cents?

That's a good score, and back over there you go.

Coupon Boy, if you beat 75, you will be in the Showcase. Go for it!

(wheel beeps)

Who is going to the Showcase? Will it be corneliuscarter, or Coupon Boy? Will it stop on 95? Or go to 85? OH!!!

You only got 50, and it's not going to do. But thanks for playing, Coupon Boy.

(Dig We Must 2007)

corneliuscarter, you're moving on to the Showcase round! Now, if there are any episodes of The Price is Right you may have missed or just want to watch again, go to CBS.com for the latest full episodes. That's CBS.com. We have two exciting Showcases on the other side of this break. You don't want to miss them!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22: Showcases
« Reply #109 on: April 28, 2015, 01:28:27 PM »
It's time for the Showcase round with wpghi5 and corneliuscarter. Pay attention to the first Showcase, because it could go to either one of you. Here it is.

(Every Room in the House)

GEORGE: wpghi5 and corneliuscarter, this Showcase is a trip around the world. And it starts with a trip to London! (James models it on first plasma screen behind Door #2) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly coach from Los Angeles to London, England, for a six-night stay at the Royal London Grand Hotel. Centrally located in the heart of the city, and close to shops, restaurants and museums as well as the Tower Bridge and Buckingham Palace. Daily continental breakfast included. Next up, we have a trip to Paris! (James models it on second plasma screen behind Door #2) (cheers and applause)

From London, you and a guest will fly coach to Paris, France for a six-night stay at the Le Grande Hotel. Conveniently located near the various parks, museums and restaurants of the City of Lights, and you can take breathtaking views from the top of the world-famous Eiffel Tower. Daily continental breakfast included. Finally, we are sending you to the land down under, more specifically, Sydney! (James models it on third plasma screen behind Door #2) (cheers and applause)

From Paris, you and a guest will fly coach to Sydney, Australia, for a six-night stay at the Sydney Grand Hotel. Take in the great views of Sydney, and don't forget to enjoy the many attractions nearby, including the Sydney Harbour and its world-famous Opera House. Daily continental breakfast is included. And then you will fly from Sydney back to L.A. So it's trips to London, Paris and Sydney! You will be traveling the world and have fun doing it, but only if the price is right!

Now wpghi5, you won more during the course of the show, so are you going to bid or pass?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22: SHOWCASES
« Reply #110 on: April 28, 2015, 11:50:17 PM »
I'll pass Teddy.

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #111 on: April 29, 2015, 12:40:42 PM »
I had a hunch that this would be my showcase. And my hunch is telling me that this showcase is fairly decent. So I will bid $22,125.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: April 29, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »
So wpghi5 has passed to corneliuscarter, and corneliuscarter bids $22,125.

$22,125
CORNELIUSCARTER

DING!

There it is. Now wpghi5, I hope you like the next Showcase; let's hear about it, George.

(2007 Showcase Cue)

GEORGE: All right wpghi5, this Showcase is about screens. And it starts with the one found on your new 3-D HDTV! (Rachel models it) (applause)

With stunning 3D graphics and cinema-quality surround sound, this 48-inch Panasonic 3D HDTV makes for the perfect 21st-century viewing experience. Two pairs of 3D glasses are included! Then we have an even bigger screen, which happens to make up part of your next prize, an outdoor entertainment group! (Amber models it) (applause)

This outdoor entertainment system from Sony includes a silver screen, stereo speakers with Dolby Surround Sound and wireless TV remote. And finally, there's a small but useful screen attached to the backup camera found in your new truck! (James models it) (Grandeur) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2015 Chevy Colorado LT 4x2. Comes with standard features, 2.8-liter engine with 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, mud flaps, cargo net and engine block heater. So it's a 3-D HDTV, an outdoor entertainment system, and a new truck. And it's all yours if the price is right!

Very well then, wpghi5, what is your bid on that Showcase?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: April 29, 2015, 01:36:01 PM »
$28,000.  :-?

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: April 29, 2015, 01:49:40 PM »
And your bid is $28,000.

$28,000
WPGHI5

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

Now the question is: Who is the winner of his Showcase? Is it corneliuscarter or wpghi5? Find out after this.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22
« Reply #115 on: April 29, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »
corneliuscarter, you bid $22,125 on your Showcase, and the actual retail price is: $33,275, for a difference of...

$11,150
CORNELIUSCARTER

DING!

...$11,150. (applause) Meanwhile, wpghi5 gave us a bid of $28,000 on his Showcase. wpghi5, the actual retail price of your Showcase is: $29,405, for a difference of...

$1,405
WPGHI5

DING!

...$1,405, and you just won your Showcase!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

$56,655
WPGHI5

$56,655

wpghi5 has just won $56,655 in cash and prizes, including $26,000 on the Big Wheel! That sure was an exciting day, wasn't it? Thanks for watching The Price is Right, and I want to remind you to help control the pet population and have your pets spayed or neutered. We'll see you next time. Goodbye, everybody!

(end credits roll)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
wpghi5 ($56,655)
CheckGameMeBob ($30,235)
JustBecause ($12,569)
Coupon Boy ($10,734)
corneliuscarter ($2,736)
SuperSweeper ($2,470)

And this episode concludes my long seven-year journey through all the pricing games featured on BigJon's game. Although I wish Hurdles was won, I had fun learning all the games as I went along.

Also, for the first time ever, we have a back-to-back Showcase winner: wpghi5, who also won in Episode 21.

The TPG results are as follows:
Bandon23: Any Number/Five Price Tags/Cover Up/Golden Road/Bonkers/10 Chances
wpghi5: One Away/Trader Bob/Check Game/Pick-A-Number/Hurdles/Pocket Change
SuperSweeper: 1 Right Price/Lucky $even/Hurdles/Check Game/Clearance Sale/Master Key
Coupon Boy: Any Number/Coming or Going/Dice Game/1 Wrong Price/Hurdles/Punch-a-Bunch
Priceboi1983: Ten Chances/Easy as 1 2 3/Balance Game/Lucky $even/Master Key/Punch-a-Bunch
CheckGameMeBob: 3 Strikes/Magic #/1/2 Off/Buy or Sell/Side By Side/Gas Money
JustBecause: Lucky Seven/Safe Crackers/1/2 Off/Make Your Mover/Card Game/Hurdles
AMGray1986: Triple Play/Punch - A - Bunch/Temptation/Hurdles/10 Chances/Check Out
Cool Steve: Golden Road/1/2 Off/Shell Game/Triple Play/Bonkers/Double Prices
corneliuscarter: 1/2 Off/Step Up/Temptation/Swap Meet/Switch?/10 Chances

And the winners are: wpghi5, Coupon Boy and Cool Steve, who each got two games correct. They will be granted automatic First Four passes if they sign up for the next show.

Up next: Episode 23. The floor is now open for your comments.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 22
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2015, 01:53:48 AM »
YES! OMG!  :-D

Also, for the first time ever, we have a back-to-back Showcase winner: wpghi5, who also won in Episode 21.

Wait?! I won again?! COOL!  :-D I guess you can say I made an "historic moment" on your show there Teddy doing just that! Lol.  :biggrin: Wow back-to-back Showcase wins plus I get an automatic First Four pass on your next show there Teddy!  :biggrin: Dare I say a 3-Peat on the horizon? Lol.