Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/28/2007  (Read 11795 times)

Offline Sizeman

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Walking The Golden Road - after 20 years
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 02/28/2007
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 09:37:11 PM »
rcbought said:
"Ok did anyone notice on the 4th round of one bids did Bob announce that there was an overbid before the buzzer sounded?

That's a good observation....I wasn't watching the producers' area when that overbid happened but yes after viewing it on tape, it looks like someone gave him a signal. I'm surprised how fast Bob will read the price now - there used to be more of a delay in the past.

Are they trying to save 2 seconds x 6 games or 12 seconds? Maybe...

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 10:07:13 PM »
SB: Tough loss.

CoG: So obvious.

Grand: I was so crossed between the softener and the dog food. I don't blame Douglas's look when he saw the price of the Downy.

10 Chances: Amy scored well after a brief blunder.

2 for 1: Everyone in Surprise, AZ is gonna party all night for Yvonne!! Excellent win.

Double: Now Harry doesn't have to worry about the worn-out conditions of a 28-Year old bed again!! Happy Birthday!!

Showcases: Two excellent bids on tricky-priced showcases. Shellani scored well.

A 3.25 star "Hump Day" prize-a-thon.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6665

Showcase #1
DK Cookbooks - I have calculated the total retail price.  It comes to $640 and no, they're not the same ones as the ones you've seen on September 21, 2005 and February 27, 2006 (yesterday one year ago), both with trips in their showcases.
Pulaski Edwardian Dining Room and Noritake Chatelaine Dinnerware/Alere Stemware - $11,745
Story & Clark Baby Grand Piano - Its price has likely increased to $9,530 starting today.  I will check the price on its next appearance unless that next appearance is in a showcase with a trip.

The Models' Side Jobs
Dahon Bicycles - $900
Beachcomber Hot Tub - $4,495
Dodge Caliber - $15,210

Modeling Report Card for February 28, 2007
Score to beat: $67,806

Brandi is now less than $100,000 away from $15M!

At the end of February, except for the 14th
Lanisha Cole* - $637,640 (114 prizes)
Gabrielle Tuite* - $571,549 (93 prizes)
Rachel Reynolds* - $407,284 (80 prizes)
[color=6600FF]Shane Stirling - $366,456 (61 prizes)[/color]
Brandi Sherwood - $334,150 (59 prizes)
Gwennie Osborne - $257,101 (51 prizes)
Phire Dawson - $182,193 (32 prizes)
* - Model is in the preempted episode.

This concludes February.  In March, you will see some big prizes in the next 18 episodes.

Who said you can have 24 prizes and a grocery worth $120,081?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 11:44:37 PM »
Was anybody besides me really, really surprised that both Coming or Going and Double Prices were played today?  If those two games don't conflict, I dunno what does.

You know, unless it happened on Valentine's Day, we have now gone the entire month of February without a car game being played sixth.  I like seeing them fourth as much as anybody, but I wish Roger would mix it up a little more.

Amy played Ten Chances very well.  Anyone whose only mistake is ending some of her guesses with 5 still deserves commendation.

Even though Yvonne won 2 for the Price of 1, she didn't really play it as well as she could have...if you paid attention to Rich, it was pretty clear that the last number was going to be 3.

Harry's comment before/during the second Showcase Showdown was absolutely hilarious.

Sizeman, it will be very cool if what you heard during the commercial breaks actually pans out.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 12:49:55 AM »
Spelling Bee: Right at the last moment, 39 popped up in my head just before it appeared on the stand. Why didn't I think of that a moment sooner? One of the few times to my personal recollection that a player lost because they did not have a C. Right when Bob winced I predicted the last card was an A.

Coming or Going: Would I pay that much to drink the water?

Grand Game: From yesterday's Pass the Buck, the Downy was a no-no for me. I can just hear the Peanut Gallery shouting the fabric softener. I was so curious of the Cortaid that I forgot about the Beneful.

Ten Chances: Oh, Amy knew how to play the game. :roll: She played it well enough to win the car on one try...

2 For the Price of 1: Aha! This time I paid attention to the prize total. So the last number has got to be 3 (Although I know it can't always be like that). So I would've asked for the second number.

One Bid 6: Almost exactly deja vu from yesterday.

Double Prices: Boy, that bed Harry won gave us quite a story! (at least for me)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 01:12:26 AM »
Oh goodie! A fellow Pegger on this board! I guessed the dog food as well! He he!  :-D

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 11:56:45 AM »
rcbought wrote:
Ok did anyone notice on the 4th round of one bids did Bob announce that there was an overbid before the buzzer sounded?  Are they doing something off stage now so he doesn't plow on right through the buzzer?

Bob does get hand signals for overbids and perfect bids in Contestants' Row. He gets them right before the sound effect goes off, then usually waits until the effect is audible before acting as if that's what tipped him off. This time, he jumped the gun by a split second.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Sizeman

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 03:32:17 PM »

wpghi5 wrote:
Oh goodie! A fellow Pegger on this board! I guessed the dog food as well! He he!  :-D

Yup...Winnipeg here. 25 years and going strong. Going to this show was a lifelong dream to me. Had to go before Bob retired.

I think there's another chance for me to meet him in person. I'm hoping he might be coming to Winnipeg for a special occasion within the next year or two...we'll see.

Offline Sizeman

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 03:39:54 PM »

MSTieScott wrote:
This time, he jumped the gun by a split second.

I'll bet 99.99% of the population would never had thought twice about that!

I saw you walking around with a binder Scott while I was standing in the security line & again coming down the studio stairs for this show. Was going to introduce myself but you just kept on walking. You were probably too busy to think of anything else. That makes at least 3 GR members that were there that day. (Met member Geoff during the early AM hours)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 04:09:05 PM »

Sizeman wrote:

wpghi5 wrote:

Yup...Winnipeg here. 25 years and going strong. Going to this show was a lifelong dream to me. Had to go before Bob retired.

I think there's another chance for me to meet him in person. I'm hoping he might be coming to Winnipeg for a special occasion within the next year or two...we'll see.

I hope that happens too. I wanna see him too more likely here in the Peg. I know many others here love Bob and the show as well.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 04:37:55 PM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Spelling Bee -- 4:09
Coming or Going -- 1:11
Grand Game -- 3:41
Ten Chances -- 2:30
2 for the Price of 1 -- 2:15
Double Prices -- 1:12

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 02:11:48 PM »
Donna got off to such a great start in Spelling Bee, getting the more difficult R out of the way in the beginning. I would have gone all the way too. Too bad.

Shellani was good, and I knew coming was the right way to go.

I don't blame Douglas for picking the downy. That small downy could have been less than $6.00

Aside from the one or two errors in Ten Chances, Amy played it pretty well.

Yvonne was great, and Two for One gets played for a car. Nice build-up at the end there. I wanted her to win. She should have picked the second number for free, but won it anyway.

Double Prices was a bit tricky. I chose $3540.

Really good bids in the showcase. I would have been happy if Yvonne had won too.

Best Contestant- Shellani

Showcase #1- $17,250
Difference- $4665

Showcase #2- $19,379
Difference- $1226