Author Topic: Interesting fact about "Card Sharks"  (Read 1950 times)

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
Interesting fact about "Card Sharks"
« on: April 25, 2015, 11:31:28 AM »
Just read an excerpt from Bob Eubanks' book called "It's in the Book, Bob", and discovered that in 1986, when the show was revived, the hosting job came down to Bob Eubanks and Patrick Wayne. I feel good knowing that it was Eubanks that got the job, and I'm starting to wonder how Patrick Wayne would have done on that show. I think he would have been a lot like Jim Perry but about twice as energetic.

Thoughts?

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Interesting fact about "Card Sharks"
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:31:34 PM »
I can hear it now:

Patrick: Lower than a Queen? Yes, a two. YOU WIN!!

Offline left4thehouse

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 12:05:46 AM »
Well, if Jim Perry absolutely sucked at hosting Card Sharks and made me want to put a brick through my TV? Sure!

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:07:10 PM »
I wish Bill Raffety hosted the day time version of the show i prefer over Bob Eubanks

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 02:17:57 PM »
I also own the same book "It's In The Book Bob" as well.  Anyways, I read something hilarious: during his tenure on Card Sharks, Bob Eubanks and Bob Barker once shared the same dressing room.  Problem is that Card Sharks and Price is Right don't tape on the same day so both Bobs don't see each other.  Inbetween tapings, Bob Eubanks once saw a sign saying WGMC in the room -stands for World's Greatest MC/Emcee.  That sign belonged to Bob Barker by the way.  In a fit of boredom, Bob Eubanks took down the sign and hid it under the couch and went home.   The next day he gets a frantic call from Jonathan Goodson saying that Bob Barker was looking for the WGMC sign and was having a coronary about it.  Bob Eubanks smirked a little bit at first but Jonathan Goodson was really steamed.  Bob finally tells Jonathan where the sign was located and he asks Jonathan what the heck WGMC stood for.