Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 23  (Read 24129 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 23: SCSD2
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2015, 12:55:39 PM »
And the spinning starts with Cool Steve!

(wheel beeps)

Contestant nearest to a dollar without going over will be in the Showcase at the end of the show. And it looks like the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is going to be worth...

...60 cents, and I think you would like to spin again.

(wheel beeps)

Now don't get anything over 40. As long as you get 40 or less, you're fine. But it looks like trouble...

MRRRRRRRRP!

...and it is, because you went over. Thanks for playing. Now it's Priceboi1983's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

He already won $10,000 on his birthday, but he's looking to add more. And it looks like he will end up with...

...55 cents, and he'll spin again.

(wheel beeps)

JustBecause, if he goes over, you will be in the Showcase at the end of the show. As for you, Priceboi1983, your second spin will be worth...stop on 15...go on to 35...

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

...but over you go, and it was fun having you on the show. Spend your money wisely. Now JustBecause, you are automatically in the Showcase, and you will get one spin to see if you can get the dollar. Go for it!

(wheel beeps)

Here it comes, there it goes...and I think that's going to be it for you.

(Dig We Must 2007)

The Showcases are next, everybody! In fact, we have two of them ready to go on the other side of this break.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 23: Showcases
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2015, 01:08:19 PM »
It's Showcase time here on The Price is Right! JustBecause is our Top Winner, and Bandon23 is our Runner-Up. Now, let's take a look at the first Showcase.

(Starcrossed)

GEORGE: This Showcase features prizes revealed as we take a look into the life of the busy suburban housewife. And we all know she's sure to be busy at home, especially when she's making all of your favorite meals with these kitchen appliances! (Rachel models them) (applause)

Furnish your kitchen with these great Kenmore appliances, which include an all-electric range, side-by-side refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher, all finished in fine stainless steel. Next, she needs lots of rest and relaxation after all that work around the house, so we're giving her this fabulous bedroom group! (Gwendolyn models it) (applause)

From the Ashley Companies, this bedroom features a chest, bureau and nightstand finished in fine polished oak. And this bed features an innovative mattress from Sleep Number. Now you can set the bed to the number you want for an ideal sleep experience. And finally, when the housewife is going out to take on the day, she needs something to take her merchandise, groceries and such in, like this new car! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2015 Chevrolet Sonic LT sedan. Comes with standard features, plus 1.8-liter engine, 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, cargo net and engine block heater. So it's kitchen appliances, a bedroom group, and a new car. You will be living the comfortable suburban life, but only if the price is right!

Now JustBecause, here's the question for you: Are you going to bid on this Showcase, or are you going to pass it to Bandon23?

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 23: SCSD2
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2015, 02:32:14 PM »
I'll pass to Bandon23.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2015, 02:47:42 PM »
So this is your Showcase now, Bandon23. What is your bid?

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:31 AM »
$20,059
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2015, 11:33:05 AM »
Your bid is $20,059.

$20,059
BANDON23

DING!

Now JustBecause, take a look at your Showcase!

(Showcase 2007)

GEORGE: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the husbands of our models, David Dellucci and Kenny Smith!

KENNY: Thank you, George! Back in the day, I used to play point guard for the Houston Rockets, winning two championships with the team, and now I'm an analyst on TV.

DAVID: Hold that thought, Kenny! That would be our first prize, a new 3-D HDTV! (applause)

GEORGE: With stunning 3D graphics and cinema-quality surround sound, this 48-inch Panasonic 3D HDTV makes for the perfect 21st-century viewing experience. Two pairs of 3D glasses are included!

DAVID: Now Kenny, you know how hard it is being married to a Price is Right model.

KENNY: Yes, David. I mean, between work and the kids, we both lead hectic lives and just want to get away from the swing of things.

DAVID: Funny you should mention that. I used to swing baseball bats for a living, but for fun, I just swing these new golf clubs! (applause)

GEORGE: Hit the links with these durable Taylor Made golf clubs, which include a complete set of irons, woods, wedges, plus a driver and putter, all in a lightweight carrying case.

DAVID: Well, you can't just play golf anywhere. Sometimes you need to test your skills on one of the world's best courses.

KENNY: Which is why we're sending you on a trip to Pebble Beach! (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Monterey, California, then drive in your rental car to Pebble Beach, where you'll enjoy a six-night stay at a luxury hotel located near the famous Pebble Beach golf course, and offering spectacular views of the coast. Daily breakfast and one round of golf included.

DAVID: And finally, it's time to cruise the open road with something every man should enjoy having.

KENNY: It's this new Lincoln MKX! (Grandeur) (cheers and applause)

GEORGE: It's the 2015 Lincoln MKX FWD, featuring a 3.7-liter V6 engine, 6-speed automatic overdrive transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, power rear lift gate, cargo net and engine block heater.

DAVID: So you have a 3-D HDTV, followed by golf clubs...

KENNY: ...a trip to Pebble Beach and a new SUV.

DAVID: And it's all yours if the price is right!

Thank you, guys! Give it up for David Dellucci, aka Mr. Rachel Reynolds, and Kenny Smith, aka Mr. Gwendolyn Osborne-Smith! Now JustBecause, I want your bid on this Showcase.

Offline JustBecause

• Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2015, 03:24:40 PM »
$55,000

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: June 04, 2015, 05:07:02 PM »
And it's $55,000 from JustBecause.

$55,000
JUSTBECAUSE

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll reveal our winner on the other side of this break; find out who it is.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 23
« Reply #128 on: June 04, 2015, 05:26:46 PM »
And welcome back to the show, which is about to reach its exciting conclusion! Bandon23, let's start with you. Your bid was $20,059, and the actual retail price of your Showcase is: $31,933, for a difference of...

$11,874
BANDON23

DING!

...$11,874. Now JustBecause, you bid $55,000 on your Showcase. Actual retail price: (low, sad voice) $50,969.

OVER
JUSTBECAUSE

MRRRRRRRRP!

I thought you had it, but instead you were over. So that means that Bandon23 is the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

$43,407
BANDON23

$43,407

Bandon23 has won $43,407 worth of prizes, including a new car! What a great win! This is Teddy here, reminding you to help control the pet population, and have your pets spayed or neutered; it's the right thing to do. Thanks for watching, and we'll see you next time on The Price is Right. Goodbye, everybody!

(end credits roll)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
Bandon23 ($43,407)
JustBecause ($27,619)
Priceboi1983 ($11,535)
Cool Steve ($8,334)
wpghi5 ($7,089)
AMGray1986 ($1,545)

And here are the results of the TPG:

Bandon23: Double Cross/Danger Price/Bonus Game/Pay The Rent/Rat Race/Freeze Frame
SuperSweeper: Lucky $even/Magic #/Bullseye/1 Right Price/Dice Game/Bonus Game
Cool Steve: Golden Road/1/2 Off/Race Game/Pick A Pair/Money Game/Double Prices
wpghi5: 1 Right Price/Let Em Roll/Give Or Keep/Line Em Up/Now... Or Then/Pick-A-Number
Coupon Boy: Any Number/1 Right Price/Plinko/Dice Game/Punch-a-Bunch/Magic Number
CheckGameMeBob: Buy or Sell/Grand Game/Cover Up/Side by Side/Bullseye/Master Key
AMGray1986: Dice Game/It's in the Bag/Safe Crackers/Card Game/Check - Out/Double Cross
JustBecause: 3 Strikes/Bullseye/Race Game/Freeze Frame/Pocket Change/1 Right Price
Priceboi1983: Lucky $even/Check Out/One Wrong Price/Switch?/Most Expensive/Golden Road

I see that I stumped just about everyone, but the winner is CheckGameMeBob, who had two games correct, and will get an automatic First Four pass if he signs up for the next show.

I have something special planned for Episode 24, but what will it be? You'll have to stay tuned to find out.

The floor is now open for your comments.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: June 05, 2015, 12:42:59 PM »
Bandon23: Double Cross/Danger Price/Bonus Game/Pay The Rent/Rat Race/Freeze Frame
SuperSweeper: Lucky $even/Magic #/Bullseye/1 Right Price/Dice Game/Bonus Game
Cool Steve: Golden Road/1/2 Off/Race Game/Pick A Pair/Money Game/Double Prices
wpghi5: 1 Right Price/Let Em Roll/Give Or Keep/Line Em Up/Now... Or Then/Pick-A-Number
Coupon Boy: Any Number/1 Right Price/Plinko/Dice Game/Punch-a-Bunch/Magic Number
CheckGameMeBob: Buy or Sell/Grand Game/Cover Up/Side by Side/Bullseye/Master Key
AMGray1986: Dice Game/It's in the Bag/Safe Crackers/Card Game/Check - Out/Double Cross
JustBecause: 3 Strikes/Bullseye/Race Game/Freeze Frame/Pocket Change/1 Right Price
Priceboi1983: Lucky $even/Check Out/One Wrong Price/Switch?/Most Expensive/Golden Road

I just remembered, One Wrong Price was played on this episode, and I forgot to mark it, so Priceboi1983 also gets a First Four pass to the next show for getting two right. Please forgive me for this omission.

Offline Bandon23

• HYO Contestant.
« Reply #130 on: June 05, 2015, 05:19:33 PM »
Finally! Yes, looking forward.
My status of the Host Your Own W/L:
Temptation (0-1)|Safe Crackers (0-1)|Double Cross (0-1)|Bullseye (1-0)|Flip-Flop (1-0)|Fortune Hunter (1-0)|Pass The Buck (1-0)|Grand Game(1-0)|3 Strikes (0-1)|Line Em' Up (0-1)|Bonkers (1-0)

Showcases won: 2
Showcases lost: 3

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2015, 08:54:06 PM »
I look forward to the next show!
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right