Author Topic: OBIT B. B. King  (Read 1252 times)

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
OBIT B. B. King
« on: May 15, 2015, 02:14:30 AM »
Blues guitar legend B. B. King, long known for his famous guitar named "Lucille" and his signature song "The Thrill Is Gone", died today at his Las Vegas home at age 89.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/blues-legend-bb-king-dead-at-age-89/ar-BBjNZFb

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: OBIT B. B. King
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 02:21:34 AM »
I really wasn't expecting B.B. King passing away. He is and always will be a true pioneer of blues music and The Thrill Is Gone is one of my favorite songs.

RIP

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 63 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2015, 03:17:35 AM »
San Francisco Giants legend Will Clark had "The Thrill Is Gone" on his home phone answering machine.
"The opposite of 'pro' is 'con,' that fact is clearly seen...if 'progress' means to move ahead, then what does 'Congress' mean?" --Nipsey Russell

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 10:34:12 AM »
That's a huge bummer... BB was a legend and it was because of his music that I gained a great appreciation for the blues.  He will be missed.    :-(
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 02:22:56 PM »
B.B. King made a walk-on appearance on Classic Concentration in October 1990. I wish I had known he would for I would have recorded it.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 03:51:30 PM »
R.I.P. B.B. King

I wonder if Lucille will be buried along with him?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 04:40:07 PM »
RIP B.B King.  :cry:

Offline corneliuscarter

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 04:49:34 PM »
R.I.P. B.B. King

I wonder if Lucille will be buried along with him?

Chances are I think she would be going either to the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame or the Smithsonian Institution.

Rest in peace, B. B. King. Enjoy paradise.

Offline RJSchex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
B.B. King made a walk-on appearance on Classic Concentration in October 1990. I wish I had known he would for I would have recorded it.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pWcFVrt-RM

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 09:02:19 PM »
RIP B.B. King.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.