Author Topic: The Price Is Right - Priceless Moments  (Read 4244 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
The Price Is Right - Priceless Moments
« on: May 21, 2015, 12:08:43 PM »
Compiled by Wink and his team, here are some priceless moments from TPIR that do not include Yolanda!!  Enjoy!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: The Price Is Right - Priceless Moments
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 12:35:56 PM »
I remember that Cover Up playing from December 2006.  Bob forgot the contestant had another chance and prematurely revealed the car's price.  This happened the same week he had senior moments in Dice Game, a one-bid round, and Bonus Game.  It was painful to watch him go through that knowing those episodes were taped around the time he announced his retirement.

From that same week was the 5-box ½ Off blooper.  I loved how Bob just tossed the extra box offstage and continued the game.

I loved the clip of the contestant chasing Bob around the stage.  This aired in April 2007, IIRC, and it was funny to see Bob go through that one last time before he left the show.

I would love to see the episode featuring Helen someday.  She was a blast to watch when she came on down and won $11,000 on the wheel.

That Grocery Game...ouch.  But I loved how magnified the pain of the loss and made the circumstances fun to watch.

It's been a while since I've seen the clip of Secret "X" being rotated by Roger and Bob, so it was fun to see that again.

Seriously, how did the Pushover blocks get stuck?  I loved how Bob just chucked the #1 block in frustration.

I loved how Janice continued modeling in Make Your Move, despite the day bed not being there.  Was that the first time a prize was absent from the stage during a pricing game?

I would love to see the Ten Chances featuring Felicia in full.  It looks like she took an excruciating time winning the car, and I would have loved to see Bob's reactions to her guesses, and how unruly the audience must've been by the tenth chance.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:37:58 PM »
That Hole in One winner was a little dangerous hey,  :oldlol: coming after Bob with the golf club in her hand and then grabbing his arm, and she was a screamer on top of it. Everything in an enthusiastic Price is Right contestant there.

Helen was also memorable. I'm surprised Bob didn't use his "lack of enthusiasm" joke while she was in contestant's row, because she was certainly excited to be there. Also her $11,000 win topped it off. That episode looks to have aired in season 16 by the looks of things.

I also enjoyed the Ten Chances and Switcheroo wins as well. Great reactions from great contestants.

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »
Oh, that was absolutely fantastic.  Which episode had the guy who wanted to be the next Bob Barker? He was very cool.  Thanks for the clips!
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »
What was the ending to the MYM incident? Did they wait until they brought the bed out or did Bob just award the prizes?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 03:02:10 PM »
Loved these... Although it's kinda bizarre that they edited Randy West's "A New Car!" into the clip of contestant Ryan's "hosting".

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
That Grocery Game loss reminded me of a 1996 episode in which the exact same thing happened (purchasing $19.92 worth of the first GP, then spending $1.09 on the second). When I saw the Bon Ami, I knew it was not what I originally had thought (that episode had the Crunch n Munch as the second purchase), and there was no "Give it to me anyway!" either.

I remember that Secret "X" incident well, because Carlos used to have it in his Video Vault.

The Helen episode did air in Season 16, because even though the Big Wheel still had the pink dollar signs on it instead of the later gold ones, the border that surrounded the money win graphics (a great example of this being the '86 Specials) was no longer there.

What was up with that absent daybed in Make Your Move? It was indeed strange to see only two prizes instead of the normal three.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 04:12:14 PM »
Which episode had the guy who wanted to be the next Bob Barker? He was very cool.  Thanks for the clips!

I believe that was from October 3, 2006. I have that episode on tape somewhere and I'm pretty sure that guy played Let 'em Roll and it was the second game.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 07:31:21 PM »
What was up with that absent daybed in Make Your Move? It was indeed strange to see only two prizes instead of the normal three.

I'm going with "someone screwed up".

I believe that was from October 3, 2006. I have that episode on tape somewhere and I'm pretty sure that guy played Let 'em Roll and it was the second game.

Yes, that's correct. Still don't get why we're hearing Randy!

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2015, 01:12:04 AM »
Yes, that's correct. Still don't get why we're hearing Randy!

Thought so. This was the second episode I ever taped on VHS, way back when I was in the eighth grade.

Season 35 was the first season in which I would tape episodes on occasion (several times a month). We never had DVR (and still don't), but I stopped doing this around the time we got better internet connection and I could watch them online. The last episode I remember taping on VHS was the Season 37 premiere.

Among others, I know I have these Season 35 episodes in my collection:

9/28/06
10/3/06
2/5/07 (delayed from 10/11/06)
10/13/06
11/2/06
11/22/06
12/12/06
12/22/06
1/22/07
2/20/07
3/6/07
3/22/07
4/2/07
4/4/07
5/16/07 MDS
5/17/07 Special
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!