Author Topic: July 19 1973  (Read 3626 times)

Offline galaga88

• Outside in Line
July 19 1973
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:41:26 PM »
archive.org/details/PriceIsRight_0464D_1973-07-19

First season. A fur coat is one of the prizes.

My mom was on this episode (Macs)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: July 19 1973 (#0464D - Macs' episode!)
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 07:32:36 PM »
Oh, hello! :-)

(For those who do not recall, this was the episode we helped the OP with in December 2013.)

Thank you for sharing this, although to the forum at large: I strongly suggest someone mirror this to YouTube, as I do not believe the Internet Archive shall hold on to this for very long (as, I believe, it does not fall under public domain).
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: July 19 1973
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 08:21:37 PM »
...Perhaps I should clarify: I do appreciate your taking the time to upload this, but given the Internet Archive is not particularly known for having shows from the 1970s or later on it (due to, I believe, the issue of whether shows are in the public domain), this is why I suggested someone should upload it to YouTube.

(And yes, I realize now that it was not so much "helping" with the episode as attempting to find a copy.)

On the episode itself...quite good, although I felt Bob fixating on the short skirt Patricia had was quite disturbing given he was still married at this point and she was likely half his age.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 08:24:02 PM »
Thanks for posting this! I'm glad you got to see the episode your mother was in.

Episodes like this one upset me because fur coat episodes were banned from the DVD set. Another episode from this week was selected for the set, but this one was better.

The interaction with Bob and Patricia, Macs' great Clock Game playing, and the very close Showcase overbid certainly would have made a this good episode for the DVD set.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:09:50 PM »
That was a fun episode! Thanks OP, and by the way, your mom was an excellent player of the Clock Game.  Did she keep all the prizes?
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline galaga88

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:17:14 AM »
@CheckGameMeBob — she kept all the prizes. I remember vacationing in the trailer once or twice. She still has and uses the pots and pans.

@GuyWithFace — I love Internet Archive, and believe 100% that they will leave it there unless directed to remove it by someone that claims to hold copyright. But that said, I'm not stopping you from re-posting it.

If I could add an attachment, I'd post her TPIR receipt of awards from CBS - but apparently I'm too much of a newbie on the forum to do that.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 02:49:57 AM »
@GuyWithFace — I love Internet Archive, and believe 100% that they will leave it there unless directed to remove it by someone that claims to hold copyright. But that said, I'm not stopping you from re-posting it.
Fair points all around.

If I could add an attachment, I'd post her TPIR receipt of awards from CBS - but apparently I'm too much of a newbie on the forum to do that.
If you have uploaded the picture online, simply post the link. Granted, the link shall not be active, but it will nonetheless be available. :-)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 02:52:07 AM by GuyWithFace »

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: July 19 1973 (#0464D - Macs' episode!)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 11:40:14 PM »
Thank you for sharing this, although to the forum at large: I strongly suggest someone mirror this to YouTube, as I do not believe the Internet Archive shall hold on to this for very long (as, I believe, it does not fall under public domain).

Done. :)

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline tpirman1982

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My TPIR Fanpage
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 09:53:09 AM »
Between the slate and the beginning of the show, you can faintly hear Johnny Olsen say "Let's have the applause now."

Offline MsVegas

• Outside in Line
  • Showcase Winner!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 08:09:03 AM »
My Mom was also part of the first episodes and a fur coat was in the show.  She ended up in the Showcase but didn't win.  I wish I could remember but I know it was tapped before the show was on line.