Author Topic: Considering Trip This Summer  (Read 15795 times)

Offline DoItRockapella

• Outside in Line
Considering Trip This Summer
« on: May 25, 2015, 06:42:59 PM »
I'm considering a trip to LA in July or August; if I go, I'd attempt to see TPIR, LMAD, and at least one other game show.

My biggest question: if I get tickets to TPIR through OCA (hopefully they'll be available soon for season 44!) what time would I have to arrive and how long would I be expected to wait? The last time I was in LA was in early 2007, and people were standing in front of Studio 33 for three days to get into TPIR - I don't want to have to do that!

Does anybody know what the procedure is for getting into Studio 33? Any similar information for LMAD would be appreciated as well, as would any recommendations for what other game shows would be taping this summer and would be fun to see.

Thank you very much in advance!

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Considering Trip This Summer
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 11:12:09 AM »
These days, if you show up an hour or two before your arrival time you'll be totally fine. You still have to make sure to get in line, since there are often more tickets than there are seats, but the day-long lines are gone because (a) Bob isn't there anymore, and (b) audience members used to be seated in the order they arrived, but that isn't the case anymore.

It's usually about 3.5-4 hours between arrival time and actually entering the studio. This time consists of filling out a card with your personal information, getting your name tag, having your picture taken at the green screen and for the producers, doing a contestant interview, and waiting for the show to get set up.

There are restrooms at all points of the wait except while waiting to interview with Stan. There are also a water fountain and snacks available. You'll have to check your phone with security after your interview and pick it up after the show.

Have fun!

Offline DoItRockapella

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 05:20:53 PM »
Thank you - that information will help a lot. If this trip does end up happening, I'll mention it on here.

Offline DoItRockapella

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:13 AM »
It looks like this trip is going to happen in mid-August; as I'm not entirely sure on when, I have priority tickets to TPIR through OCA for both August 11 and August 18.

Does anybody know what, if any, difference there is between priority tickets and general admission? Is my admission guaranteed?
I also have priority tickets to both LMAD and @Midnight on Comedy Central, so any similar information for those shows would be appreciated as well.

Again, thank you all very much!

Offline OneBidTris

• FPG Host
  • Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 10:58:19 AM »
The difference between priority and general tickets is that priority tickets guarantee you a spot into the studio, while general tickets have to wait until showtime. The ticket people will come out early to pull those with priority tickets, but if you arrive at showtime you should still be OK. Once all the people with priority tickets come in, then they start allowing how many tickets they have left to those with general tickets.

Offline DoItRockapella

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 12:57:32 PM »
Again, that information will help a lot, so thank you!