Author Topic: October 3, 1996  (Read 1564 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
October 3, 1996
« on: May 31, 2015, 04:18:29 AM »

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: October 3, 1996
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 12:03:19 PM »
This is one of my personal favorite episodes. I watched this one a lot when I was young, and I was apt enough to put this one up last night. Thanks for sharing.

I'm actually a bit curious now about one of the backdrops in the episode, specifically the one used in Squeeze Play. How long did the Diner backdrop last, and what kind of prize was it usually used for, aside motorcycles?

And I'm very certain that is still the closest Magic # win in history.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 04:13:46 PM »
And I'm very certain that is still the closest Magic # win in history.
I am reasonably certain that at least one player set the display to the price of one of the prizes, which is still considered a win.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:57:00 PM »
Yes, back in Season 37, on October 22, 2008.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 07:46:33 PM »
Ah, I wasn't aware of that playing. The closest win record from this episode might've still remained until the 10/22/2008 win, though.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp