Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/29/2006  (Read 20729 times)

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/29/2006
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 04:03:30 AM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

I wonder if they're going to do any more First Bank of Price showcases.  This was actually the first of the two they've done, but the second one was all the way back on December 16.

To make such an enormous prop must have cost a fair amount of money, so I'm sure they always intended it to be a recurring segment.

As far as the traditional credits are concerned, my guess would be that whoever produced the reëditing of this show forgot to arrange for a new set of split-screen credits to be composed, and by the time the network noticed it, they just decided not to worry about it.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
Switcheroo: I had the strongest feeling that Anthony won the cheapest prize and not the car. I knew the sandwich maker and the blender would be wrong.

Range Game: I didn't think a spa would be five-figured; I would've stopped it too early. It looks like Ida did, too.

Eazy az 123: Was the audience chanting the order of the blocks or my old area code?  :lol:

1 Right Price: I knew New Orleans would be the higher price; I still would've put the price on DC.

now... or then: Even in 1997 did I knew that Mentadent was an expensive brand.

One Away: I can understand changing the 2 to 4 was a good choice, but I was not too confident with the 8 or 5.

I did not concentrate too much on the Showcases because I had to prepare for a commute. But I did take time to enjoy an actual (partial) credit roll  :-D (I say partial because I did not see the rest of the crew besides Bob, Dob, and Fingers, but still very enjoyable.)
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »
Who was it here that had the foot fetish?

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I wonder if they're going to do any more First Bank of Price showcases.  This was actually the first of the two they've done, but the second one was all the way back on December 16.

For the second one, the yellow label on the showcase podium read "TPIR BANK", so it looks like they're considering adding it to the Elevator/Train Depot/Port o' Price rotation.

I liked this one, where they tied in the second and third prizes in what would otherwise be the usual "three random things" showcase.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
Anyone know if [the in-show credits] were shown in the Pacific Time Zone, too?

Yep. Caught me off-guard, as well.

SteveGavazzi wrote:
In all seriousness, does anyone know what happened with Dorothy's trip to New Orleans?

I think I heard that she was offered a trip somewhere else as a substitute.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »
I know this is late, but this show was too cool! 3 perfect bids, a guy who didn't like to wear shoes, THE OUTROW, and FULL SCREEN CREDITS! Whoa, this is a saver!

Switcheroo: Meh, not the easier setup
Range: So close, but yet, so far away
Easy: Lives up to it's name!
1RP: cool! And incidentally, isn't "Independence" airlines now out of business since this taping?
NOT: Mentadent? Is that still made? This wasn't an easy or hard setup, but a win nevertheless!
One Away: Ouch.

Somebody, please save this show as one of the best for Season 34! Wow, just amazing.

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2006, 01:48:52 PM »
switcheroo: difficult as usual.
range: another  contestant falling victim to the dumb rgs.
easy: easy.
1rp: difficult. how easy is it to win when the prices are $110 apart?
now or then: very easy setup.
one away: i knew the nine was right, but i had no idea there would be a FOUR at the end. the dob can be evil.
showcases: will anybody EVER learn that ski boats are 30k?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »
quadrupleplay wrote:

1rp: difficult. how easy is it to win when the prices are $110 apart?

What the freakin' hell does that have to do with this playing?  The prices were separated by almost $2,000!

quadrupleplay wrote:

showcases: will anybody EVER learn that ski boats are 30k?

That's a rather stupid thing to say, considering that the entire showcase wasn't even worth that much.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:

What the freakin' hell does that have to do with this playing?  The prices were separated by almost $2,000!

That's a rather stupid thing to say, considering that the entire showcase wasn't even worth that much.

sorry. there must have been an error with the closed captions. :-?

and ski boats are quite expensive, but i must have underestimated the rest of the showcase. i believe i HAVE seen $30k ski boats.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2006, 12:26:00 PM »
range: another dumb contestant falling victim to the rgs.

First and only warning.  Please refer to the rules in The Front Office section of the forums.