Author Topic: Season 44 premiere tape date?  (Read 1972 times)

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
Season 44 premiere tape date?
« on: June 19, 2015, 03:51:15 PM »
I'm trying to figure out what the tape date will be for season 44. It looks like Monday, July 6 is the first scheduled tape date of the season but do they always tape the season premiere shows on the first taping date of the season or not necessarily?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Season 44 premiere tape date?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 04:33:01 PM »
According to the calendar, August 3rd.

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 02:16:46 AM »
According to the calendar, August 3rd.

Damn, they used to start taping the new season in June, just shortly after the previous season ended.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 03:34:11 AM »
Season 44 will begin taping in July. The season premiere itself isn't being taped until August.

It's actually rare for the first taping of the season to be the actual season premiere.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:42:02 PM »
It's actually rare for the first taping of the season to be the actual season premiere.

I've always wondered...why?

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
I've always wondered...why?

Just figure that it will take them a few days of tapings to get back into the swing of things? 

Or that any changes that are made will have a bit to be sure they work (that is, allow for errors on later shows rather than the premiere)?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 07:56:18 PM »
I also think waiting to tape the season premiere gives them more time to plan it and prepare. Line up any special prizes or decorations they'd need instead of trying to rush to get it done by the early to mid-July.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.