Author Topic: Your favorite Family Feud answers  (Read 12140 times)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Your favorite Family Feud answers
« on: June 18, 2015, 06:28:51 PM »
Post your favorite Family Feud answers from any era and any version.

There's a whole list I could post, so I'm just going to post one that I saw on TV a few minutes ago that had me laughing for a good 5 minutes. The question was "Name something you know about zombies." A contestant instantly buzzes in and answers..."Black." She then says "I don't know if they're white or black!" before nervously clapping and shouting "It's up there!", this being while Steve Harvey, the other contestant (who is black), and the audience are all laughing at the stupidity of her answer.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Your favorite Family Feud answers
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 06:32:23 PM »
My favorite has to be the answer "September" to the Fast Money question "During which month does a woman start to look pregnant?" It caused Richard Dawson to lose it, and he was usually as cool as a cucumber as a host.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline ethawne2015

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 06:36:51 PM »
In order:
1)  NEKKID GRAMMAW!!!
2)  Scantily-clad (as a synonym for "naked")
3)  The procession of hilarity that followed Richard Dawson asking, "Name a question such as 'how old are you?' that you might answer with a lie.
4)  Steve Harvey (in answer to "Name a celebrity with a big mouth who isn't afraid to use it")

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2015, 06:40:11 PM »
Name a animal with three letters in its name...
Contestant 1... FROG
Contestant 2... ALLIGATOR! (which prompts Dawson to ask if said contestant was on any kind of narcotics!)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2015, 06:51:56 PM »
In order:
1)  NEKKID GRAMMAW!!!
2)  Scantily-clad (as a synonym for "naked")
3)  The procession of hilarity that followed Richard Dawson asking, "Name a question such as 'how old are you?' that you might answer with a lie.
4)  Steve Harvey (in answer to "Name a celebrity with a big mouth who isn't afraid to use it")
I've never seen the last one you mentioned but the others that have been mentioned so far are absolute classics. I remember that, for the second one you posted, the contestant initially tried getting away with "nekkid" as his answer, and when he was told to change it, he gave "scantily clad".

And just because I'm already making a post, I'll add in my two favorite answers from the most recent season of Feud (probably the most famous answers from it as well):
  • "Name something women wear that was obviously designed by men because it's uncomfortable but sexy."
    "Texas!" Even better was the contestant's confidence in his answer.
  • "Name something a doctor might pull out of a person."
    "A gerbil."
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2015, 06:52:43 PM »
"A slang name for a policeman?"

DICK!

"Name something you know about John Lennon"

He's still alive.

Karn's face was priceless. He then says in our hearts he's still alive.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2015, 07:05:47 PM »
Mine are (in no particular order):

"Tell me a man's name that starts with the letter K."
"...Kentucky Fried Chicken."

"Something you wouldn't want the police to find in the trunk of your car."
"Pickles!"

"Something made of wool."
"Sheep."

"Name something that gets passed around."
"A joint."

"Name a time that most people get up."
"In the morning."

"Name a time that most people go to bed."
"At night."
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 07:17:06 PM »
One that has me wondering is "A traffic sign that best describes your love life." The Karn, O'Hurley, and Harvey eras all had a contestant guess "Do Not Enter", and in all three cases, it did not make the board. It might actually have made sense as a lower answer in the Harvey era, though.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 07:23:23 PM »
Can't think of an answer to any question that stands out, but I do recall once on the 1994-95 Dawson series that the first family member in Fast Money racked up 300 points. Dawson had the answers covered and the score reset to a really low number, then asked the second family member this first question: "Besides giving birth to Adolf, name two reasons for hating Mrs. Hitler."
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 07:59:11 PM »
The "Name a question such as 'how old are you?' that you might answer with a lie" has to be one of my favourites along with this one:

"Name something you squeeze"
-Peanut Butter

Offline Coupon Boy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the infamous September response that made Richard Dawson lose his cool yet. That's the favorite Family Feud moment of both me and my mom.

I also had a huge laugh when I saw the Turkey fast money on the UK version of the show.
Won $79,525 on my first Host Your Own game.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2015, 09:07:23 PM »
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the infamous September response that made Richard Dawson lose his cool yet. That's the favorite Family Feud moment of both me and my mom.

Hag mentioned it above.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline ethawne2015

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2015, 09:07:33 PM »

Someone did.

EDIT:  bigblue999 beat me to it by mere seconds.

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2015, 10:16:54 PM »
Name something that only children wear.

(Contestant rings in.)

"Clothes."

:lol:
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
"Name a food that makes noise when you eat it."
"A really loud hamburger."