Author Topic: Your favorite Family Feud answers  (Read 12067 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: Your favorite Family Feud answers
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2015, 03:30:45 AM »
*resists urge to make a joke involving the use of both hands*
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2015, 04:17:03 PM »
How about the time when Dawson said "Name something made of leather--" and the contestant rang in at that point and said "A purse." Only to have it be not up there because the full question was "Name something made of leather that a cowboy uses." That was on the nighttime version in 1980.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline ethawne2015

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2015, 04:55:19 PM »
How about the time when Dawson said "Name something made of leather--" and the contestant rang in at that point and said "A purse." Only to have it be not up there because the full question was "Name something made of leather that a cowboy uses." That was on the nighttime version in 1980.

Along the same lines, I remember a contestant on Harvey's version buzzing in too early, and only hearing this much of the question:  "Name something a woman does for her baby, that she..."  The contestant said "Changes his diaper," only to get a strike, after which Steve gleefully finished the question, "Name something a woman does for her baby, that she also does for her hubby."

Hilarity ensued.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2020, 05:00:45 PM »
On last Sunday night's Celebrity Family Feud Fast Money bonus round, Steve Harvey asked this question: "If Captain Hook was moonlighting as a handyman, he might replace his hook with what tool?"

Bruce Smith said: A penis!  :oldlol:

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2020, 05:13:46 PM »
Quote from: gamesurf link=www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,474.60.html date=like three months ago
My biggest issue with it is if you're going to make a 14 year bump, you gotta have better material than "Haha remember that time when the contestant said 'penis' and Steve Harvey was SHOCKED?"

Quote from: howierules86 link=http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,474.60.html date=like two months ago
On Family Feud, Steve Harvey asked this question: "Name something any woman would prefer to see a man holding instead of the remote."

Contestant: His penis!

Quote from: Alfonzo link=http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,474.60.html date=like two months ago

Thanks for sharing, howierules, but sometimes a thread should die a natural death. You've already did a 13 year bump on the thread and I don't think people saying "PENIS!!!" on Family Feud is enough to keep bumping it.

Gonna close this thread, at least for the time being.

If all the comedy they can get out of an episode stretched to twice the length is "penis", the same charade for how many years now, there's probably a reason why I don't watch Harvey Feud.

There's clever humor to be had in past versions, like "Name a way to kill a lively party" "A gun" was so hilarious, I used it in one of my HYOs, and "Name something Russia is well-known for" "Russians" and "Name an animal whose eggs you wouldn't eat" "Hamster" are good ones from the Karn era that haven't been said.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 05:16:59 PM by TPIRfan#9821 »
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »
Quote from: Family Feud
Steve Harvey: “we asked 100 people what is the male reproductive organ?”

Contestant: “penis”

SH: “A WUH??? HUH??”

audience erupts into laughter, Steve Harvey grabs onto the podium to support himself, laughter gets even louder

“oh Lordy...”

one man goes into cardiac arrest and others begin vomiting profusely from laughing too hard.

SH: “YOU PEOPLE NEED HELP!”

earth shatters and Satan rises from the underworld to claim unworthy souls

the universe begins to rapidly close in on itself

SH: (puts on a weary voice) survey says...

the board shows 100 for penis

Harvey is able to get off one more shocked look before existence as we know it will come to an end

(Seriously though howie, this is the third time in recent memory you've bumped a years-old thread. How are you finding these? Are you searching for old Family Feud threads to bump?)
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »

(Seriously though howie, this is the third time in recent memory you've bumped a years-old thread. How are you finding these? Are you searching for old Family Feud threads to bump?)

Or is it he's posting to these threads knowing they'll get locked, to save us from a troll *possibly* posting to them in the future?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline jude_este

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Camp Old School Sci-Fi
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2020, 05:45:29 PM »

That's what I'm saying as well gamesurf. It is getting annoying seeing these bump up threads from years ago about answers about a male reproductive organ that are sophomoric humor that has gotten old fast.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2020, 06:16:31 PM »
Or is it he's posting to these threads knowing they'll get locked, to save us from a troll *possibly* posting to them in the future?

Yes, that's what I'm doing. Also, I actually thought to search the word "penis" in the search box to find these threads, and I figured last Sunday night's moment was worth sharing (I LOL'd so hard when Steve Harvey asked, "What the (bleep) did he just say?!").

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2020, 06:22:38 PM »
Yes, that's what I'm doing. Also, I actually thought to search the word "penis" in the search box to find these threads, and I figured last Sunday night's moment was worth sharing (I LOL'd so hard when Steve Harvey asked, "What the (bleep) did he just say?!").

Please stop. We've already established that Harvey Feud dreck is not enough to bump an old thread. Bumping old threads is against the rules unless you have something to actually add to it.

If you're bumping these to keep trolls from doing so, that makes you no better than the trolls. Nobody likes trolls.

TL;DR, if you bump another one of these with more dick jokes, not only will it be locked but your account will be as well.

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.