Author Topic: The Price Is Right Thailand (Current version confirmed?)  (Read 18458 times)

Offline 10Ktimes5

• Outside in Line
  • I make ROBLOX game shows
    • deviantART
The Price Is Right Thailand (Current version confirmed?)
« on: June 23, 2015, 07:57:00 AM »
I was going through Instagram until I found these. I screenshotted them. Their version of the set may look like Season 43 according to the big door resembling the USA big doors.

EDIT: I found a promo video. Search for it on google

It looks like they were inspired by USA. I can't translate it because I am Lao and I don't speak Thai.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 08:07:49 AM by 10Ktimes5 »
The finest details are better, the quantity does not

I remake game shows on ROBLOX so that people don't need to travel so far just to be in the show

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: The Price Is Right Thailand (Current version confirmed?)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2015, 05:54:08 PM »
I am glad its based on our version the the French version

Offline moszaa

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 12:15:02 AM »
first episode premiered

watch?v=bW9HHjmJyn0
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:19:19 AM by moszaa »

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:59:09 AM »
Since Moszaa hasn't been a member long enough for the software to let him post links, why don't I do it?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 02:18:45 AM »
So having glanced at this now...it, um, certainly looks interesting.  The games basically look like knock-offs of our props in the vein of TPIR Live!'s Big Wheel, although they managed to do something pretty neat with Shell Game -- the table appears to have been inspired by both sets.  The music is...well, for the most part, the music is Walking.  It seriously seems to function as Walking, Dig We Must, and the theme.

Now, that said, this certainly isn't meant to be a critique of the show as a whole -- it's not like I can understand something that's going on in a language I can neither speak nor read.  It's just that some of their stylistic choices seem pretty odd from the perspective of someone who's been watching the American version his whole life.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 07:00:32 PM »
So they're playing Grand Game for roughly $575 US, and you get half that amount just for spinning the dollar (or I guess, the 100?) on the Big Wheel.

They did do something I'd like to see the show do if and when they finally replace that display on the Big Wheel with a screen - display the score as the number appears on the wheel.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 01:37:56 PM »
Two episodes in, they're already repeating games -- One Away has been played on both episodes.

That's pretty weird, given that they only play four games a day.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
If you haven't watched this yet, I think you should. This is easily the (2nd to the Quebec version) best modern interpretation of Price. And, what's great about Price, is you don't need to know the language...it's super simple to follow.

The prizes may seem chintzy (the aforementioned $575 "Grand" Game) but that's nearly 10% of the per capita income so it's a decent chunk of change. The music is lacking though.

(I still liked the Filipino version's set splitting in half to reveal the showcase car though.)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:18 PM »
Cliff Hangers is sort of amazing, partly because they seem to have cloned the mountain climber, and partly because the yodeling is freaking unedited On the Franches Mountains.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 11:44:55 PM »
Interesting in that, they maintained the English version of the game's names; yet during More or Less they used Thai for "more" or "less".

I wonder what the Thai version of a $1 one bid is?....

And they apparently have no choice to "round of their prices to the nearest dollar", as they don't seem to have a decimal point in their currency.  :P
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2015, 12:18:53 AM »
It's interesting that they consider 0 to be one higher than 9 in One Away.

I'm interested to see how that would affect Lucky $even (if they play that there). If a contestant were to guess a 0 when the actual number is 9, I'd like to know if that would be counted as being off by one or nine.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 12:55:53 AM »
That's been the case for One Away here for years, it just doesn't come up too often (if at all now). But this is because of the nature of the game, you really can't go one up from 9 because that would be 10, so you have to go to 0 to make it work.

In Lucky $even, 0 is nine away from nine, period. There's no ambiguity about it. But it sort of looks odd when a contestant loses in this manner, hence why they never use 0s anymore in the game.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Not exactly "Left Field" avatars.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2015, 06:11:55 AM »
I'm interested to see how that would affect Lucky $even (if they play that there). If a contestant were to guess a 0 when the actual number is 9, I'd like to know if that would be counted as being off by one or nine.

It did happen before, and it was part of an infamous moment. Although the actual number was an 8, not a 9.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2015, 08:06:47 AM »
That's been the case for One Away here for years, it just doesn't come up too often (if at all now). But this is because of the nature of the game, you really can't go one up from 9 because that would be 10, so you have to go to 0 to make it work.
If the correct number is a 0, wouldn't it make more sense for the "one away" number to be a 1 (go lower to 0, higher to 2)?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2015, 10:49:59 AM »
Cliff Hangers is sort of amazing, partly because they seem to have cloned the mountain climber, and partly because the yodeling is freaking unedited On the Franches Mountains.

Their mountain climber sure hobbles up that mountain, doesn't he? I can't decide if they're trying to further simulate "climbing" or if they just need some WD-40.