Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 24 - PG1  (Read 40866 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 24: SCSD2
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2015, 04:46:36 PM »
SuperSweeper, step over there and spin that Wheel!

(wheel beeps)

And there goes the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown. Let's see where it stops on...could it be 90 cents? Just one more...OH!!!

(audience groans)

Right between the two big numbers, you just got to hate that. Needless to say, I think you will spin again.

(wheel beeps)

If you can get 75, you will have a dollar, but I don't think you'll get that. Let's hope for something good, but not 90, and definitely not a dollar...

Well, you're still in the game with 30 cents.

DING!

And now it's Priceboi1983's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

All you need to do is beat 30 cents in order to become the leader. And will it be a dollar? STOP ON IT...OH!!!

(audience groans)

There are lots of close calls in this Showcase Showdown, and this time, you must spin again.

(wheel beeps)

Now we're looking for 20 to 85. That's a pretty wide range, though 15 will also keep you around. And are you kidding me? Another 15 cents!

So you're tied with SuperSweeper for the time being, and Hag will try to beat you both.

(wheel beeps)

If Hag doesn't beat 30 cents, there will be a spinoff. But I don't think it's going to happen, because Hag is the winner with 80 cents.

(Dig We Must 2007)

And as a result, Hag will be moving on to the Showcase round at the end of the show, which will begin on the other side of this break. Stay right there; you don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 24: Showcases
« Reply #121 on: September 23, 2015, 05:03:57 PM »
After all those new pricing games, we've made it to the Showcase round with Hag as the Top Winner and Cool Steve as the Runner Up! Now guys, pay attention to the first Showcase, because it could go to either one of you. Here it is.

(Showcase '83)

GEORGE: This Showcase features prizes revealed as we look at the life of a music lover. For instance, Amber is such a big music fan that whenever she goes to parties, she pumps up the jams by playing them on her DJ equipment! (applause)

Have fun with your favorite tunes using this DJ equipment. Includes two turntables, a sound monitor, spotlights, Beats headphones by Dr. Dre and stereo speakers with subwoofers. Next, Rachel loves to have something with contemporary styling and a classic sound, and she has both with her new electric piano! (applause)

This Roland digital piano has a full 88-key keyboard, plus 100 different rhythms and instrument sounds for endless possibilities. Bench and AC adapter included. And finally, there's Manuela, who loves to drive her friends down the road while they sing along to the tunes that come from the sound system in this new car! (Car Cue '83) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2015 Scion xB, featuring a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine, CVT automatic transmission, front-wheel drive, AM/FM/CD stereo with MP3 jack and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, cargo net and engine block heater. So it's DJ equipment, an electric piano and a new car. You will be a very happy music fan if you win this Showcase, but only if the price is right!

Now Hag, I need to know from you: Are you going to bid on this Showcase, or pass it to Cool Steve?

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 24 - PG1
« Reply #122 on: September 23, 2015, 05:57:20 PM »
I will pass that to Cool Steve.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Cool Steve

• In the Audience
« Reply #123 on: September 23, 2015, 06:37:32 PM »
i'm going to bid $29,550

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2015, 12:53:23 PM »
So Hag passes to Cool Steve, who bids $29,550.

$29,550
COOL STEVE

DING!

Very well then, Hag, here is your Showcase!

(Showcase 2007)

GEORGE: Hag, your Showcase contains prizes revealed as we take you on an adventure in barbecue. And it starts with this new barbecue grill! (Manuela models it) (applause)

Prepare hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, kebabs and more with this stainless steel gas grill. Then we're sending you to a place that is well-known for its barbecue, which is fantastic Dallas! (Amber models it on plasma screen behind audience) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Dallas, Texas, for a six-night stay at the Radisson in downtown Dallas. Conveniently located near all the shops, museums and other major attractions, and offers a spectacular view of the Dallas skyline. Daily continental breakfast is included. Finally, we're giving you a set of wheels that will keep you in focus with your search for the perfect barbecue--specifically, this brand-new Ford Focus! (Rachel models it) (Grandeur) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2015 Ford Focus SE sedan, featuring a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with five-speed manual transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, leather-wrapped steering wheel, backup camera, cargo net and engine block heater. So it's a barbecue grill, a trip to Dallas and a new car. This Showcase will be worth lots of tasty treats and plenty of smiles too, but only if the price is right!

And there it is, Hag, so what is your bid on that?

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2015, 12:57:55 PM »
I'll go with $24,300.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2015, 01:14:37 PM »
And your bid is $24,300.

$24,300
HAG

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll be back to reveal the winner shortly, but first, we have these messages for you.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 24
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2015, 01:38:13 PM »
Welcome back, everybody! It's time to find out who our big winner of the day is. Hag, we'll start with you. Your Showcase included a barbecue grill, a trip to Dallas and a Ford Focus. You bid $24,300, and the actual retail price is: $26,125, for a difference of...

$1,825
HAG

DING!

...$1,825. (applause) Now over to Cool Steve, whose Showcase included DJ equipment, an electric piano and a Scion xB. $29,550 was your bid; actual retail price: I hate to tell you this, but it was $28,580.

OVER
COOL STEVE

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

You were over by a little less than $1,000. It was $970, to be exact. So that means Hag is our winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

$47,924
HAG

$47,924

Hag has won $47,924 worth of prizes, including two brand-new cars! And that's the end of an historic show. Teddy here, reminding you to help control the pet population and have your pets spayed or neutered. Thanks for watching; we'll see you next time. Goodbye, everybody!

(end credits roll)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
Hag ($47,924)
Cool Steve ($13,350)
Priceboi1983 ($7,974)
SuperSweeper ($6,755)
CheckGameMeBob ($4,750)
JustBecause ($1,349)

All six games were created by yours truly, and I welcome any and all feedback to them. Which ones were your favorite, and which ones need to be fine-tuned?

The zapping sound used to eliminate the wrong prices in Shutdown was originally used on the Tom Bergeron version of Hollywood Squares. It can be heard here.

This is the final show of the Jordanar18 era. I, and all my fellow HYO hosts, would like to thank him for his wonderful time as moderator of the section, and wish the new moderator, Roadgeek Adam, the best of luck as he takes over. We need to make the Play Along section as successful as ever, so be sure to send your scripts to Adam for his approval; I'm sure he'll appreciate this.

Up next: Episode 25, my first new show in the Roadgeek Adam era. The floor is now open for your comments.

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #128 on: October 02, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »
Teddy: A thought on Passcode.

I think that this game needs a second chance sort of like Line em Up, where after the first try, you're told how many numbers are right, and if you have any wrong, you won't know which are wrong.  Just a suggestion.
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
Teddy, much respect for another great HYO game. Here are my thoughts on each of your new pricing games.
  • Pot of Gold: Seems like a more simplistic form of Punch-a-Bunch, but I like the re-purposed grocery mini-game from Stack the Deck (if only because I dislike Stack the Deck).
  • Passcode: At a 1 in 16 chance, I feel this game is too difficult. I'm pretty sure this is nearly equivalent to Double Digits, which was the game that eventually became Temptation. For comparison: This game has the same odds of Bonkers if Bonkers had exactly one guess. Perhaps the contestant should receive a second chance after being informed how many digits are correct.
  • Fill in the Blank: Name stealer! :P This is a fun fusion between Any Number and Cover Up; I will figure out the statistics on this game later.
  • This or That: A clone of Switch, but isn't every game a clone of Switch?
  • Marked Up: Buy or Sell meets One Wrong Price. An excellent way to revive an excellent game.
  • Shutdown: Reminds me of a reverse Five Price Tags, and I like that a contestant can't wipe out. I find it odd that you mentioned a contestant can earn up to four picks and did not award any more than one pick. Was this an error?

Now onto future matters. Is there a line for the next HYO game(s)? I would certainly hate to see HYO die so inelegantly.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
Now onto future matters. Is there a line for the next HYO game(s)? I would certainly hate to see HYO die so inelegantly.

I can safely assume there is no one in line, as there can be a max of two shows going at once. It does surprise me just how long of a drought in shows we've had, but I certainly wouldn't consider this section dead by any stretch. In fact, I may even try to put together a show soon, if just to re-stir up interest in HYO.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #131 on: October 14, 2015, 05:20:41 PM »
I can safely assume there is no one in line, as there can be a max of two shows going at once. It does surprise me just how long of a drought in shows we've had, but I certainly wouldn't consider this section dead by any stretch. In fact, I may even try to put together a show soon, if just to re-stir up interest in HYO.
I messaged Jordanar18 about getting in line myself for the same reason. I would love to see this section flourish in the way it did five or so years ago.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #132 on: October 14, 2015, 05:28:03 PM »
I messaged Jordanar18 about getting in line myself for the same reason. I would love to see this section flourish in the way it did five or so years ago.

Yeah, he's no longer the purveyor of this section as of a couple of months ago. Roadgeek Adam is who you'll want to message. He's the new HYO mod.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2015, 08:22:25 PM »
Yeah, he's no longer the purveyor of this section as of a couple of months ago. Roadgeek Adam is who you'll want to message. He's the new HYO mod.
Ah. That explains it.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2015, 02:16:31 PM »
Teddy: A thought on Passcode.

I think that this game needs a second chance sort of like Line em Up, where after the first try, you're told how many numbers are right, and if you have any wrong, you won't know which are wrong.  Just a suggestion.
Noted and done! The next time this game is played, I will modify it to include a second chance if the player doesn't get it right on the first try. After all, there have been real PGs with their rules being modified on the fly: i.e. the winning ranges on Bullseye, Check Game, Check-Out and Grocery Game, the first number given for free in most car games (with the exception of Money Game, whose free number is the middle one), the punching method in Punch-a-Bunch, etc.

Thanks for that wonderful suggestion!