Author Topic: 2015 NFL Season  (Read 85586 times)

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
Re: 2015 NFL Season
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2015, 07:44:17 PM »
In what should make moneygamelover happy, Arizona brought in Chris Johnson to reinforce their running game.  Jay Glazer was the one to break the story.

?s=09
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 01:06:33 AM »
I do like the Johnson signing as he's still a productive back and we could use the help in the running game.  Solid pickup :) The Chiefs pretty much kicked our butts and blew us out in our first game so I hope we'll do better against the Chargers this week.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 07:01:00 AM »
(seriously, PLEASE just call them the Saints...or New Orleans...or anything that isn't "Team bountygate" or similar).

I agree wholeheartedly...Bountygate's already in the past, anyway.

Thank you, guys.  If I may make a suggestion to the OILF moderators, any future pejorative nicknames or adjectives (such as "dirty" and "filthy") for the Saints used by moneygamelover should be edited out.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2015, 12:54:36 AM »
Thank you, guys.  If I may make a suggestion to the OILF moderators, any future pejorative nicknames or adjectives (such as "dirty" and "filthy") for the Saints used by moneygamelover should be edited out.
Absolutely. There's no need for it anymore.

There's also no need to tell us when games are scheduled, especially in Arizona time. Most of us live in different time zones.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2015, 05:04:45 PM »
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000514941/article/jordy-nelson-believed-to-have-torn-acl-on-sunday

There are still tests to be done, but if it is this severe, at least Green Bay has depth to withstand the blow losing Nelson will be...and the reigning MVP :P

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 01:23:30 PM »
Reggie Wayne is going to the dark side. He's signed a one-year deal with the Patriots.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 01:53:42 PM »
The Falcons have officially got a name for their new digs that opens in 2017: Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:25 PM »
Isn't the Superdome currently named for Mercedes-Benz?

All the more reasons why having corporations buy the naming rights for stadiums is dumb.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 02:43:44 PM »
Isn't the Superdome currently named for Mercedes-Benz?
Yep.
All the more reasons why having corporations buy the naming rights for stadiums is dumb.
Word.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2015, 04:50:04 PM »
There is an American Airlines Arena (Miami Heat) and an American Airlines Center (Dallas Mavericks) in the NBA, but it would be just bizarre to have the same corporation have naming rights for two stadiums in the same division.  There's an article on ESPN.com about the stadium name that states the Superdome's naming contract lasts until 2021 and it will be honored, but it seemed to suggest after that there would be a new sponsor.

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 06:50:29 PM »
Ian Rapoport is reporting that Evan Mathis has landed with the Denver Broncos.

President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 11:23:18 PM »
Michael Vick signs a 1-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is immediately upgraded to backup.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2015, 07:07:31 AM »
Michael Vick signs a 1-year deal with the Pittsburgh Steelers. He is immediately upgraded to backup.

Essentially replacing Bruce Gradkowski who suffered a finger injury Sunday and was placed on Injured Reserve.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2015, 02:31:58 PM »
Falcons sign former Bears/Redskins QB Rex Grossman to a 1-year contract. He'll be jockeying for a backup spot to Matt Ryan, and the way T.J. Yates has been playing, he'll probably get it.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2015, 11:34:37 PM »
It was nice to see my Cardinals get their first win tonight as Marion Grice, a former Sun Devil, scored the game winning touchdown for us over the Raiders with 31 seconds. With the Saints and Dodgers both losing today, this was a perfect day:) Even if it is only preseason it just feels good to get a win.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.