Author Topic: Test: New Features  (Read 41628 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Test: New Features
« on: August 30, 2015, 05:39:14 AM »
Removing FB plug-in until the size issue can be corrected.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:09:10 PM by Chelsea »

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Re: Test: Facebook embed
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 05:47:33 AM »
Testing Instagram Embedding with a post from @DrewFromTV
[instagram width=300 height=300]https://instagram.com/p/vNMO9vufuu/?taken-by=drewfromtv[/instagram]
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 08:10:33 PM by Chelsea »

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Re: Test: New Features
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 06:10:41 AM »
As they're tremendous resources - and as they're easily accessible anyway with a basic search or if you know the link - access to the Golden Gallery and FAQ have been restored to the Guest menu.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »
Good stuff. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2015, 10:26:09 AM »
The blue background is hideous.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2015, 10:33:50 AM »
The new features? Nice. I appreciate.

However...remember that moment where Phoebe saw Chandler and Monica start to do the nasty on Friends, and she screamed and went "My eyes!"? That's how I feel about this color scheme. I would post the YouTube video but it doesn't want to work.

It's just...so much brightness going on, and things that I feel like don't even go well together. I apologize for my bluntness, but I HATE it.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:45 AM »
Blue and green are not a bad combination IMO but I would say the colors could be a little more subtle.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2015, 12:36:37 PM »
I don't mind the new color scheme. I think we were due for a new one anyway, since we had the green background for quite a while, so I like this update. I agree with Unique on the brightness, though. Perhaps the white overlay on top of the blue background could be toned down a little.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2015, 01:17:41 PM »
I like the new Facebook and Instagram embed features, but I will third what UniquePerspective said, maybe one color should be toned down so that it doesn't stand out from the others.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2015, 01:20:49 PM »
I'm actually OK with the new Facebook and Instagram features. The color scheme doesn't matter too much with me...I can take it or leave it. Although, one was needed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 01:23:10 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 03:10:49 PM »
I've adjusted the theme changes into a much more conservative set of modifications from the original (blue background, but darker, minor font changes). 

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 03:25:49 PM »
I actually didn't mind the color scheme before. Looked really nice. Don't care for the fonts now, though...the kerning is wonky causing them to be really hard to read.

As for the plugins...I'm in the middle. Yes, they're cool, but they seem to take up an incredible amount of valuable real estate on my screen, and it seems that there's a lot of room for potential abuse with them. Maybe that's just the moderator in me talking, though. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 04:06:13 PM »
I like the revisions, but please revert back to the old font. Do that, and I think we will have achieved perfection. :)

As for the plugins...I'm in the middle. Yes, they're cool, but they seem to take up an incredible amount of valuable real estate on my screen, and it seems that there's a lot of room for potential abuse with them. Maybe that's just the moderator in me talking, though. :)

It's not just you. The plugins are indeed a bit large, and I'm viewing on a 1920x1080 display.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Thanks for the memories, Bob!
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 04:12:08 PM »
I too like the new colors, but not the new font. If the old font could come back, that would be perfect.

The new colors do look great. I've loved the look of the site for the past three years, but this gives it a nice modern touch.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline JustBecause

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Waiting until the Time is Money Avatar is ready!
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2015, 06:23:17 PM »
The new font...is what it is. I don't hate it, but when compared to what it was, the old was better. Just like Clock Game's redesign, it'll take some adjusting.

The colours though are great. I'm kind of surprised they weren't changed sooner than now.