Author Topic: Happy 43rd Birthday to....  (Read 2473 times)

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
Happy 43rd Birthday to....
« on: September 04, 2015, 01:50:29 AM »
The current version of The Price is Right, which debuted on September 4, 1972!  Here's to many more!

Offline MissesJanice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Happy 43rd Birthday to....
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 01:23:29 PM »
43 years. I always have to laugh, TPIR 72 was taped on August 19, 1972, the day before I was born. As I get older I now can keep track of my age as I am the same age as TPIR (43) I always say I am starting my 44th year lol
"The Price is Right will never be the same, it will always be in an evolving state." - MissesJanice

Online Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2015, 01:55:35 PM »
As a whole, Price and I share the same birth year--1956. It premiered two months after I was born.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2015, 02:13:19 PM »
Happy 43rd birthday to The Price is Right as well as to Any Number, Bonus Game, and Double Prices! Price debuted about 8 and a half years before I was born as my birthday is 2-23-1981. And here's hoping that Price can make it to at least a 50th season! :) Happy birthday Price is Right.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »
happy birthday price is right

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 03:30:11 PM »
Happy Birthday!!!!
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 04:20:02 PM »
Happy Birthday to The Price Is Right.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 04:21:38 PM »
Happy Birthday Price is Right! Here's to another 43 years! :pint:

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 06:01:24 PM »
Happy birthday to the greatest game show ever created!

:-D
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2015, 07:04:49 PM »
Happy Birthday to my favorite game show of all-time! The Price Is Right!  :biggrin:

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 10:30:01 AM »
Happy Birthday to the GOAT of game shows!

Offline REDHEADVICKI

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2015, 01:41:18 PM »
Happy belated Birthday to The Price is Right.  May you have the best 44th Season ever.  I was 6 months old when TPIR premiered back in 1972.

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
Since people are still posting about this six days after the fact, I'd like to mention that today would be the day to wish Jeopardy! a happy 31st birthday. I've watched about 10 episodes, most of them from the first season and even though I'm very much looking forward to TPIR's new season and live taping experience. It was fun watching all of those 1984-85 episodes with those fake audience groans, increased applause, Alex/the contestants sometimes going a bit more far off with the game, the drama Alex presents in Final J! even if the situation is a runaway, and of course the essence that is the top quiz show of all time that still goes on strong today. Speaking of which, in a recent tape hunt I found an episode from Season 2, from around the time of when the first Final Jeopardy! clue was making its reference.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2015, 04:59:04 PM »
Since people are still posting about this six days after the fact, I'd like to mention that today would be the day to wish Jeopardy! a happy 31st birthday. I've watched about 10 episodes, most of them from the first season and even though I'm very much looking forward to TPIR's new season and live taping experience. It was fun watching all of those 1984-85 episodes with those fake audience groans, increased applause, Alex/the contestants sometimes going a bit more far off with the game, the drama Alex presents in Final J! even if the situation is a runaway, and of course the essence that is the top quiz show of all time that still goes on strong today. Speaking of which, in a recent tape hunt I found an episode from Season 2, from around the time of when the first Final Jeopardy! clue was making its reference.

Now only if you can find Barbara Lowe episodes. We all want to see this for those who missed her.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]