Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/07/2007  (Read 10797 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/07/2007
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:27:45 PM »

Production #3913K - Taped Feb. 5, 2007 (Late)

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Brandi Sherwood and Shane Stirling

Wearing: Scala

HISTORICAL FOOTNOTE: This show and yesterday's were taped on the 10-year anniversary of Brandi's participation in the Miss USA Pageant. By now, you know the rest of the story. (Non-discussable here, Discuss in another forum if you wish)

1   Comfort Spa-In-A-Box (P)

TOMMY 1500
JULIE 1700
PAIGE 1200
IRMA *1300
($1499)

Irma from San Diego, CA plays 5-Number PUSHOVER for a Dutchman T@B 216 Teardrop Trailer (B)

Setup:2 1 4 1 9 5 7 9 0
Pick:2[1 4 1 9 5]
Price:$14,195   WIN!

2   Picnic Time Picnic Equipment/Campbell's Cream of Mushroom (S)

+Tommy 750
+Julie 550
+Paige 751
JONATHAN *1
($500)

Jonathan nails the rest with the "Smeghead Gambit" to play IT'S IN THE BAG

$1,000$.55*(5) (Nabisco Chips Ahoy) Cookies (snack)
LOSS14.09X(6) Tiny Cats Cat Litter
2.49*(2) Hot Pockets (2 pk)
6.79X(3) Tums Smoothies (60)($4.21)
4.21X(4) Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (worthless)
(1)Capzasin HP (1.5 oz)(14,09)

3   Carson's Contemporary Sofa (B-aboard "Chugs")

+Tommy *1100
+Julie 950
+Paige 1
NICKI *901
($2040)

Tommy plays COVER UP for a Pontiac G6 (Std., ALB, Traction, Prot)(P)

Setup31st Try[2] 7 [5]  2  4
92nd Try[2][0][5][7] 8
0 2 43rd Try[2][0][5][7][2]   WIN!
7 5 7 8
2 0 1 5 2
  3 9 2 0 6
$1 4 3 4 5

SHOWDOWN #1

$540Jonathan35 + 70OV
15,694Irma15 + 20.35
22,612Tommy75 stay.75Through to Showcase Round

4   Tonner "Wizard of Oz" Doll Collection (S)

AMY *525
Julie 825
+Paige 450
Nicki 601
($560)

Amy goes to a CLEARANCE SALE

(1) (LG) 42" Plasma EDTV (B)$10002098
(2) Frankoma Mountaineer Dinnerware (P)750849
(3) (Yard-Man) 20HP Riding Lawn Mower16001450LOSS

5   Butterfly Table Tennis Package (B&P)

JEFFFREY 750
+Julie 820
+Paige 1150
Nicki *100
($578)

Nicki plays SQUEEZE PLAY for a Ragtime West Player Piano (S)

Setup:7 5 0 4 0
Pick:$ 7 5 0 0
Price:$ 7 5 0 0   WIN!

Here we go again. Two more laggards in the Row, and at least one of they is just seconds away from a lifetime of regret. Can Julie or Paige escape banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club or will they both go together? To her advantage, Paige has the last bid...

6   Broyhill Continents Bar Cabinet (S)
Jeffrey 1200
+Julie 725
+Paige *1
EVELYN 675
($650)

Julie heads off to the clubhouse alone while Paige from Minnesota escapes to play THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Dodge Caravan SE (Std., Paint, RWD, Stereo)(B)($19,915)

$16,490
$18,990
$19,552
$20,442
$22,050
$24,120

LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2

$560Amy45 +  50.95Through to Showcase Round
650Paige85 +  35OV
8,078Nicki75 +100OV

SHOWCASE ROUND

Tommy has the honor.

SC1-Amy

WHY IT'S NO FUN BEING A MERMAID (B)
Worksman Tamdem Bicycle (P)
Bodyguard T240 Treadmill (S)
Dodge Charger (Std., Stability)(P)
BID$20,456
PRICE25,200
DIFF- 4,744
TOTAL$25,760

SC2-Tommy

Broyhill 100th Anniversary Bedroom Group
Comfortaire Sleep Set
American Tourister 5 pc Luggage Set (S)
Trip to Auckland, NZL (6n)(P)
BID$15,000
PRICE20,992
DIFF- 5,992

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $73,334

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/07/2007
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 02:31:56 PM »
Push Over:  Very easy today as long as you knew it was in the low 10Ks.

Bag:  CAT LITTER FOR $14-something?!?!??!?  This ain't a 20 pound bag, dude!

Cover Up:  Nice lil' win.  It looks like the "Cover Up" strategy, but I think he was thinking that was a near-$30K car.

Clearance Sale:  I woulda done the same thing and lost.  I was thinking that lawn mower was just over $2K.

Overall:  An ok show.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
Man, where are all the SP games this week?!? This show definitely wasn't worth throwing out the SP game, even if it meant playing a bad SP game like Secret X which who knows when the last time it was played.

Only two things really worth commenting over: 1)The awfully played Baggy-$14.09 for kitty litter? I knew when he put that in that particular bag he was through. 2) Anyone else agree that this was the easiest setup ever for Squeeze Play? That 4 stuck out like a sore thumb.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 02:39:27 PM »
Push Over---it was either $19579 or $14195.  Irma chose the right one!

Its in the Bag---When Jonathan put the Tidy Cats instead of the Capsasin for bag 2, that meant "AIRBALL!!"  (sorry couldn't resist--Jonathan was a basketball player for Whitter College)

Cover Up---A bit tricky today.  My hunch first was $20574 but the 4 for the last number wasn't right.  When it came to Tommy's last choice, the Peanut Gallery's consensus was 9.  I thought 2.  Tommy chose 2--much to the dismay of the Peanut Gallery.  Tommy WON!!  Shows how much the audience knows....

Clearance Sale---HARD!!!  The dinnerware was easy, the other two were NOT.  Amy was done in by a hard setup today.  I thought the lawn mower was expensive too.

Squeeze Play---Another tossup between the 0 and the 4 to go.  I thought the 4 needed to go.  Peanut Gallery wanted the 0 gone.  Nicki's mother in law said 4.  Nicki went along with the mother in law.  The Peanut Gallery disapproves again!  Nicki WON!  Audience==0 for 2 today.  Shows how much they know again.

That's Too Much---THAT'S TOO FAR!  Tough setup today.  I would have gone to the 5th price and still lose.  Tough break for Paige.

Showcases---Moderate bids by Tommy and Amy.  Amy redeems herself to be the winner today---to make up for her loss in Clearance Sale.  Not too shabby.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 02:44:04 PM »

Richie wrote:

Squeeze Play---Another tossup between the 0 and the 4 to go.  I thought the 4 needed to go.  Peanut Gallery wanted the 0 gone.  Nicki's mother in law said 4.  Nicki went along with the mother in law.  The Peanut Gallery disapproves again!  Nicki WON!  Audience==0 for 2 today.  Shows how much they know again.

I still can't believe the audience thought the 4 needed to stay and the 0 to go. $7540 would have looked just plain odd as a price. However, if this had been Pick-a-Number it probably would have been lost. Not saying it would have, but probably. I guess it just goes to show that mother's in law do know best.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 02:50:41 PM »
Push Over was ridiculously easy.  There were only two choices that were under $20,000.

Jonathan won more than he deserved by winning an Item up for Bids.  He made an intentionally idiotic bid in Contestants' Row, lucked into winning the One-Bid, and then made absolutely ridiculous guesses in It's in the Bag.  I was very glad when he went over in the Showcase Showdown.

Tommy played the most interesting game of Cover Up that I've seen in a long time.  I doubt he intentionally got the second number wrong, but it was nice to see regardless.

What a treat -- Clearance Sale with Big Banana Remix!  That's two days in a row with BBR!

Frank put it well to me over IM earlier today:  "Squeeze Play would have been worrisome if I weren't so sure the 4 was the right number."

I don't see why Brandi has so much trouble with all those things in the Mermaid showcase...she seemed to be able to walk just fine during the credits!
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline sternal

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
Pushover- an easy set up for as east win.

In the bad when Jonathan put the tide cat instead of the pain reliver I knew he had loss.

Cover up- Tommy plated cover up very well.

Clearance sale Tough choice between the t.v and the lawnmower.

Squeeze play When Amy pull out the 4 I had a feeling she had won.

That’s too much!- When nicki went pass 19,552 dollars I had a feeling she had loss.

Offline Cliff_Hanger_Chris

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
Clearance Sale was not played well today. I knew the $1600 tag needed to go with the TV (where it was initially).

Also, was it just me, or was Tommy's showcase cheap?

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 03:15:35 PM »
Bidding Round #1- #184, Julie! :-D

It's In the Bag- First, the lucky win with the terrible $1 bid, and then that awful playing of It's In the Bag... what an agonizing segment.

Bidding Round #3- #185, Nicki! :-D

Bidding Round #4- #186, Amy! Already a three-hottie day! :-D

Showcases- Yay for Amy winning!

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Amy.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- Average show... Grade: 2

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 03:42:17 PM »
Pushover: Easy. That trailer was loaded.

It's In the Bag: As soon as Jonathan picked the cat litter for the second bag, I had a feeling he was going to lose.

Cover Up: Tommy played this very well.

Clearance Sale: Tough break. I thought Amy had this won for sure.

Squeeze Play: Thank goodness Nikki's mother made her agree with me on my guess of $7,500.

That's Too Much: Hard. Very few would think vans are that cheap today. She didn't deserve to win anyway, because of her terrible yell of the magic words.

Showcases: I'm kinda surprised the second showcase wasn't a little more expensive than it was.

Overall: Decent show, but nothing that spectacular.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 04:20:51 PM »
Push Over: Knew it was $14,195. Simple.

It's In The Bag: When Jonathan put the cat litter on the $14.09 bag and going on after getting the cookies right it was all over.

Cover Up: I don't know why Tommy thought it was a near $30,000+ vehicle at first. But he did pulled out a win.

SS #1: I wanted Irma to win.

Clearance Sale: Another obvious loss once Amy put $1,000 on the tv and $1,600 on the lawn mower.

Squeeze Play: I knew that 4 would be taken out. I don't know what was with the peanut gallery thinking it was $7540. Good win for Nicki.

That's Too Much: I would stop at $22,050 and lose there. The Dob pulled that one. (well at least to me though)

Showcases: Not much to say about the bids Tommy and Amy gave. Good redemption for Amy by being the big winner today.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:31 PM »
SteveGavazzi wrote:
Jonathan won more than he deserved by winning (a One-Bid Item).   ...

I think he got what he deserved. Seems like people throw in that early $1er when they really don't want that Item. I'd rather see them overbid than play the Gambit. Now, every day of his life he can look at that picnic gear and think about what could have been.

As to the game, twice he changed his mind during BAG.  I still think Barker should have the contestant place items in all five bags with no changes until the end, and allow only ONE swapout. This indecision just drags things.

Further from Gavazzi:
I don't see why Brandi has so much trouble with all those things in the Mermaid showcase...she seemed to be able to walk just fine during the credits!

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 04:55:09 PM »
PG #1:  Whoa--5-digit Pushy for a trailer!  Pretty easy setup, too.  That dinky trailer couldn't have been any more than $14,195.

One-Bid #2:  DUMB BID!  You never bid $1 in the... :-o WHAT?!  It won?!

PG #2:  We all knew that Capzasin was $14.09 from yesterday's show.  When Jonathan put the [d]Booby[/d] Tidy Cats at that bag, I knew this game was gonna be a loss.

PG #4:  WHOO!  Big Banana Remix in Clearance Sale!  :-D  It seemed pretty obvious to me that the $1,600 tag had to go on the TV.

PG #5:  Why was the audience groaning when Nicki wanted to take out the 4?  $7,500 looked so right, it had to be right.

PG #6:  THAT'S WAAAAAAY TOO MUCH!  When Paige went past $20,000, I knew we were gonna have another loss.

Showcase #1:  Rule #1 of treadmills--never stop walking while treadmill is in motion.

Showcase #2:  "STAGE GARF!"  That'll cover New Zealand, the luggage, and the dresser... but that's about it.

My showcase bids:
Car--$23,174
Random room/trip--$20,139
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2007, 05:12:35 PM »
Push Over - I wasnt expecting that trailer to be that expensive! Ive seen regular-sized trailers cheaper than that!

Its In The bag - Sigh! He obviously doesnt own a cat. And will we ever see it won before the end of the season?

Cover Up - Nice win. $27,000 wasnt a good start though.

Clearance Sale - Yay! Big banana! I really wanted Amy to win. She was quite the excited contestant.

Squeeze Play - I was confused, I decided to take out the 0 because I couldnt see that you could have $7500. I need to pay attention more.

That TOO Much - That really was too much

Showcases - Average. I liked the mermaid showcase. it was really big of Tommy to pass the car to Amy.

Bids: $25,000/$200!! | $19,000/$1,something

Grade: 7/10

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2007, 06:20:19 PM »
Nicki... um, was that her mother, or aunt, or... I don't remember exactly.  Glad her mother or whoever had the sense to see the obvious, though.  As it is, it's a good thing she was right, since Bob never really confirmed that Nicki wanted to go along with her sensible relative in the audience.  I'm honestly curious why Nicki and most of the audience thought the 4 was wrong to take out, anyway... it really should've been obvious for anyone, loyal viewer or not.

Interesting Cover Up... yeah, that's a good way to describe it.  If I thought he might've been intentionally using Cover Up strategy, he erased any doubt that he wasn't when he tried to put 9 for the second number on his second turn.

I can't blame Bob for giving up on Paige.  It was clear that she was simply never going to give a remotely proper "That's too much!" shout.  Hard playing, for what it's worth, with the van being considerably cheaper than most would probably guess.

SteveGavazzi wrote:  Jonathan won more than he deserved by winning an Item up for Bids. He made an intentionally idiotic bid in Contestants' Row, lucked into winning the One-Bid, and then made absolutely ridiculous guesses in It's in the Bag. I was very glad when he went over in the Showcase Showdown.

Agreed 100%.

rob79 wrote:  Man, where are all the SP games this week?!? This show definitely wasn't worth throwing out the SP game, even if it meant playing a bad SP game like Secret X which who knows when the last time it was played.

Agreed there 100% as well.  Replacing Clearance Sale with Cliff Hangers would've been simple enough.  Or replace Clearance Sale with Most Expensive, and Cover Up (or That's Too Much) with Master Key or Switcheroo or something like that... just seemed like such a waste of a lineup, as it was.  Wish Roger could be a little less trigger happy with removing SPs from the lineups.  To think I was upset when it used to actually be semi-rare, too.