Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/07/2007  (Read 10796 times)

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 03/07/2007
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »
Push Over-I thought the price was going to be $9K until I realized it was 5-digit Pushover.  Then, $14,195 was the only reasonable price.

It's in the Bag-$14 for Tidy Cats???  

Cover Up-A great win.  I thought he had lost.

Clearance Sale-Tough.  I thought Amy had won.

Squeeze Play-$7500 looked as the only non-oddball price, and it turns out it was the winning one.  Good for Nicki going against the audience.

That's Too Much-Tough.  Only $562 separated the previous price and the winning price; usually the difference is greater.  Although I knew going past $22K was definitely a loss.
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline siowafc

• 11/15/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 06:33:19 PM »
I wish Roger (or whoever makes these decisions) would get the memo that 5-digit Push Over is lame. It's never really that much of a challenge and it just looks dumb. I just don't really think it's a game that adapts well to being a 5-digit game. 5-digit Balance Game is better, if you're going to do this.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »
Disagree.  5-digit Push Over is fun for a change, and generally works well.  There usually are two feasible combinations for the prize, and sometimes even three.  Unless you just don't like that it is generally easier than 4-digit Push Over, I can't imagine how anyone could complain about seeing it.  Kinda' like 5-digit Range Game.  Just cool when it happens.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2007, 08:40:50 PM »
Push Over: With numbers like those for a five-digit prize that is not a car? I want to really go low on this one. Unless there's a trick by the Dob, I think there is only one choice.

One Bid 2: I'm sure some of us thought Jonathan made a stupid bid here. I guess a stupid bid is voided if a contestant wins with it..

It's in the Bag: "$14.09 for the Tiddy Cats? Jonathan, you ...!" Twice in a row we got a big loss due to contestant lack of knowledge of the Capzasin.

Cover Up: Boy, those two 2s irked me. I knew Tommy would get it wrong on the first try. Then for the third try, I had a feeling he was going to lose because of that last 2. Boy, I stink on this game.

One Bid 4: Man, there's someone I know who would just LOVE to have those dolls. If only they were less than $560.

Clearance Sale: "AGAIN?? BBR TWICE IN A ROW (or a week)?? COOL!" :D
Well, I knew the $750 would work for the dinnerware. But for a moment, I wanted to put that on the lawn mower, in case that's one of those $980 mowers. But, I would've gone with $1,000 for it anyway.

One Bid 5: I wonder what it would be like if that cue would play for a while if I wanted to do a few games with that table... :roll:

Squeeze Play: That cue for the piano sounds like a good alternative to the Race Game music (which, of course, shouldn't be replaced in the first place). Oh, it just seems too obvious to take out the 0. Oh wow, I guess mothers-in-law do know best..

One Bid 6: Oh, two nice ladies have to avoid Banishment! I hate that. Well, when at least one has to go, they have to go. Sorry, Julie...

That's Too Much!: That's So Far Too Much!
I wanted to stop intially at $20,442, but had a hunch for $22,050. I guess whichever one I still went too far.

Showcases: Call me prejudiced, but Tommy just seems like the kind of guy that wants more than one car. However, it was great that he passed (pretty much gave) the first Showcase to Amy.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2007, 09:40:11 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6670

After three games
At this point, Phire's hot streak is still on fire!  She is at $38,075!

Clearance Sale
Welcome aboard, Frankoma!

Why It's No Fun Being Ariel, The Little Mermaid
Worksman Cruiser Tandem Bicycle - Its last appearance, as well as its only 2006 appearance, was on February 1, 2006. It's still $699.99.
Bodyguard T240 Treadmill - $1,899.99
Dodge Charger - $22,600, and Phire has broke through Brandi's lead!

Showcase #2
Broyhill 100th Anniversary Bedroom - $6,263
Comfortaire Sleep Set - $2,499
American Tourister 5 pc Luggage Set - $1,250
Trip to Auckland, what would you expect? - $10,980

Modeling Report Card for March 7, 2007
Score to beat:  $78,339

After three shows, Phire has modeled $195,291 so far this week, and it's only Wednesday!  With $297,769 and five shows as the top model, this Phire is ablaze!  Can she make it six?  Tune in tomorrow.

Now, we've went 13 shows without an Ashley, already a Season 35 record.  I thinking that we've lost Ashley.  Anyway, you've seen soup, 20 prizes, and $134,642.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »
Push: $14K was the most obvious.

Bag: After a lucky bid, The only other place Jonathan could go was DOWN.  :-P What's it goona take for someone to understand the price of Freakin' Capzasin?

Cover: Tommy scored with a car. I had a hunch there was a win after he chose the 2.

Clearance: The dinnerware was so obvious. The other two left me crossed and so did Amy.

Squeeze: It pays to listen to your in-laws who are LFaT's of TPIR!! :-D

TTM: Looked tough.

Showcases: Amy makes up big time with Tommy passing that Car showcase over to her. Brandi rocked as a HOT mermaid. :-D

Another 3-star.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 12:03:24 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is shown.

Push Over -- 1:44
It's in the Bag -- 3:23
Cover Up -- 3:12
Clearance Sale -- 2:14
Squeeze Play -- 2:07
That's Too Much -- 2:10

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »
Push Over was very easy, as there were only two visible prices for that trailer.

Wow, Jonathan makes the silly $1 bid in the first position, ends up winning, and blows It's In the Bag. There was no way the litter was $14.

I don't know if Tommy had a strategy for Cover Up, but it worked out in his favor, so good for him. I would probably do the same thing too, get the first number right, then get the second number wrong on purpose so I can whittle down the last three rows of numbers.

I'm not angry at Amy for putting the $1600 tag on the lawn mower, but I knew it was wrong.

I didn't like how the audience groaned after Nicky finally listened to her mother-in-law by choosing the 4. It was so obvious that was the right number, but if it had been in the third spot instead of the fourth, then it would be forgiveable.

When Paige went on after $20,442 I knew she lost. Vans do look more expensive than they actually are.

Best Contestant- Amy

Showcase #1- $23,199
Difference- $2001

Showcase #2- $20,000
Difference- $992