Author Topic: Decades (Premiere) Week Preview  (Read 3342 times)

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Decades (Premiere) Week Preview
« on: September 15, 2015, 01:13:38 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWflNcLWvs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoWflNcLWvs</a>

I can't view it since I'm in Canada, but here you go. Discuss.

Offline PayingTheRent

Re: Decades (Premiere) Week Preview
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 01:52:29 AM »
Wow.

I am quite surprised at how well they were able to emulate the turntable colors for each decade without it horridly clashing with the rest of the set. I'm not sure what the 90's color scheme was supposed to be based off of, though; I guess they just didn't want to use the same 80's look two days in a row, even though it would have been more accurate.

Looks like they'll also be emulating the contestants' row display colors, as well -- at least for the 70's show, although I assume for the other decades, as well. That's a really nice touch I wasn't sure they would do.

Now...and then. Love it.

I'm so happy to see that they really put some effort into making this as authentic of a decades week as possible, even going so far as Drew wearing wigs for the 70's and 80's to match Barker's hair of those decades. Epic. If they take the extra step in using the proper cues for each decade, then this week will be perfect. I don't think I've been this excited for a premiere week in quite some time!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • 18-29 and female? Target demographic GET!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2015, 02:23:40 AM »
New game alert! I thought we had one coming, based on a few factors: We didn't have one truly last season, given Time is Money was more of a revival, but also a split frame of an earlier promo seemed to indicate as much, with a special screen reading OR. Beyond that, I have no context. Please, oh please, be a 3P.

EVERYTHING about this seems awesome. Too much to list, and what really hasn't been said by the awesome Renty? Podia, doors, the AND, and so forth. If only Plinko's slots could be those funky 80s colors! I can't wait to watch. Given the podiums, door attention, etc., not to mention the Halloween history of a few years back, I'd say there's a good chance we hear the vintage cues. If any current staff reads this, I'm more impressed than usual, which is usually is a good amount. Keep up the great, hard work you do!

Thinking about this some more, and assuming the staff counts TiM's revival as a new game, as I believe they do, that'd give them six 2010s games to play, in some order: Rat Race, Pay the Rent, Double Cross, Do the Math, Time is Money, and then the new game. Given the above list includes a two cashers, two GPs, two 2P, one SP (Rat), you'd have to think the new game is for a car to complete the lineup, though those five games alone threaten 27.5. Very odd.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:55:52 AM by Prizes »
“Each mistake teaches you something new about yourself. There is no failure, remember, except in no longer trying. It is the courage to continue that counts.”
― Chris Bradford, The Way of the Sword

---

“It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something.”
― Franklin D. Roosevelt, Looking Forward

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 03:02:44 AM »
As I said before, Rachel looks sexy with crimped-up 80s hair!  ;) Not to get too off-topic, though, everything about this week looks great, from Drew's changing hair styles for the decades to the colorful set. I can't wait to see what the new game will be this season.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2015, 03:21:02 AM »
Is that an actual ECM-51 in Drew's hand during the 1970s show? If so, then damn.

Shame they used Drew's regular microphone during the other shows, though...
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2015, 10:41:44 AM »
I actually prefer Plinko's '90s-present color scheme over the '80s, but at least use Spring Waltz, Eric, and one of the variants of the main theme when presenting the prizes.

This looks like a great way not just to kick off the season, but to get me pumped up for my taping! With prizes such as the Pac-Man arcade game, I can already see the decade-appropriate prizes and everything I wondered falling into place.
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2015, 11:03:22 AM »
I actually prefer Plinko's '90s-present color scheme over the '80s, but at least use Spring Waltz, Eric, and one of the variants of the main theme when presenting the prizes.
Uh, you forgot Cue 14.

I think it's very cool that they're replicating the sets to match each decade, especially with Door #4 mimicking the different Big Doors that have been used throughout the show's history. I believe that Now...and Then will be played for the first time in 30 years, and to make Drew look like Barker on these shows is the icing on the cake. However, I wish there was a way to revive the old patterns for the Big Wheel: solid gold walls in the 70s, pink dollar signs on the red walls in the 80s, gold dollar signs on those same red walls for the 90s and 2000s, and the current look for the 2010s. Otherwise, I can't wait to see how the week plays out.

I'd love to see what this new game is as well...it'll only be a matter of time before we got one ready for Season 44.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 11:23:52 AM »
I quite like that the 1970s show appears to be specifically focused on Season 1, given Door #4 has the New Price Is Right logo on it. If they replicate the Eggcrate Contestant's Row displays...

I suspect Mr. Gavazzi shall like the return of Now....and Then. Having the "Then" be 1980 is rather appropriate. :-)

I wish there was a way to revive the old patterns for the Big Wheel: solid gold walls in the 70s, pink dollar signs on the red walls in the 80s, gold dollar signs on those same red walls for the 90s and 2000s, and the current look for the 2010s.
It is possible they may go the extra mile and do this. No Big Wheel shots appear in the promo, and indeed only two games are spoiled...and possibly a third -- the clip at 0:06 is near the Giant Price Tag, and Drew has the dark hair but his current microphone, suggesting a rather grand game.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 11:56:54 AM »
The amount of colors on the new TT is just too much... hope it settles down after this week. I do like door 4 having the proper old door styles, Drew's makeup on each day is a bit overkill though IMO.

Looking forward to the new game on the 25th. Based on the games that premiered in 2010 or later, there are only a couple possibilities what type of game it is (e.g. not cash).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:01:19 PM by Wayoshi »
S4x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 12:15:32 PM »
This does look neat. I was wary of the idea at first, since I felt they might not really come through with this, but that teaser video looks neat. Assuming they toss in some retro music cues, this week will be awesome.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Time to Stack The Deck, you lucky contestant!
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2015, 01:43:53 PM »
Loving Drew's 70's wig. :D
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline mechamind

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Looking for the next hug winner.
    • Mechamind Boards
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2015, 02:26:35 PM »
If they replicate the Eggcrate Contestant's Row displays...

That might actually look better than the CGI "sportstype" font.

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 03:10:47 PM »
Love it. Love love love it. Price isn't required viewing for me anymore, but this week will be.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2015, 05:14:22 PM »
The amount of colors on the new TT is just too much... hope it settles down after this week. I do like door 4 having the proper old door styles, Drew's makeup on each day is a bit overkill though IMO.

Based on this, and your signature, why do you have to be a wet blanket?

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2015, 05:49:15 PM »
Based on this, and your signature, why do you have to be a wet blanket?

I certainly haven't missed it.