Author Topic: [Spoiler] NEW PRICING GAME speculation Thread  (Read 11291 times)

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: [Spoiler] NEW PRICING GAME speculation Thread
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 03:37:04 PM »
They haven't addressed "areas of need" with a new game in forever, so good luck on that.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2015, 03:42:19 PM »
With the upcoming 2010s show on Friday, I don't think it would be a GP game, as a typical episode cannot have more than one (meaning that they must decide between Pay the Rent and Time is Money, although the latter could also be played on Thursday's show, as it was first played in Season 32), but it can have two SP games as evidenced by those special episodes and the all-Plinko show from Season 42. My guess is that it would be an SP game, but with items priced below $100. We'll just have to see on Friday.

Offline boagman

• In the Audience
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 11:34:13 AM »
Since Drew took over, we've had a car game (Gas Money)
Um, huh?  Forgive me for saying so, but I distinctly remember this game being played with Bob Barker.  Is my memory playing tricks on me?

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 11:43:03 AM »
Um, huh?  Forgive me for saying so, but I distinctly remember this game being played with Bob Barker.  Is my memory playing tricks on me?
Gas Money debuted in 2008, one year AFTER Barker retired.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• 2/1/2023: Superfan!
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • my trailer is all flat and paper-y
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »
This image has been posted on Buzzerblog

No rules have been given yet.
Read the full story here: http://www.buzzerblog.com/2015/09/24/first-look-at-the-new-price-is-right-game/
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 12:50:03 PM »
it has a Grocery Game feel to it...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2015, 12:59:32 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have ourselves a true quickie GP game. Three quick plugs for the GPs, and then Drew bestows some sort of voucher - be it physical or metaphorical - to the contestant. She then has to pick which row she can afford with her money (i.e.: the least expensive). Push the button, and you win or lose. I love it. It evokes Credit Card without all the delay.

The color palette is snazzy, too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 01:02:50 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2015, 01:02:35 PM »
it has a Grocery Game feel to it...
And Bullseye as well.

Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have ourselves a true quickie GP game. Three quick plugs for the GPs, and then Drew asks what row equals a certain price (let's say $5.50). Push the button, and you win or lose. I love it.

The color palette is snazzy, too.
This, however, is not the first quickie game involving GP's. Penny Ante, with two of those, holds that distinction.

With the upcoming 2010s show on Friday, I don't think it would be a GP game.
So clearly I was wrong. This means that any chances of seeing Pay the Rent on Friday have just gone out the window. And it's nice to see a new game being played on the Turntable. For those of you keeping score, it's the first such game to debut in the Drew era, and the first since Coming or Going premiered in 2003, shortly before Rod's death. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2015, 01:04:41 PM »
This, however, is not the first quickie game involving GP's. Penny Ante, with two of those, holds that distinction.

Penny Ante involves a maximum of four selections to this game's one.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2015, 01:15:30 PM »
Vend-o-Price is the first Pricing game that debuted in the Drew era that is played on the turntable and I believe the first new GP Pricing game on the turntable since Super Saver.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2015, 01:20:15 PM »
Penny Ante involves a maximum of four selections to this game's one.

Actually, Penny Ante allowed for three selections from a contestant. Once the contestant lost his/her last penny, the game was over.

I like the nifty retro vending machine look to this, and I'll be curious about the gameplay. Hopefully this will spice up the lineups a bit and give us something other than Pick-a-Pair for a quick GP game, after going years without Hit Me or Penny Ante.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2015, 01:52:12 PM »
So clearly I was wrong. This means that any chances of seeing Pay the Rent on Friday have just gone out the window. And it's nice to see a new game being played on the Turntable. For those of you keeping score, it's the first such game to debut in the Drew era, and the first since Coming or Going premiered in 2003, shortly before Rod's death. It'll be interesting to see how that goes.

Except that wasn't the issue that they only had 5 games that debuted since 2010 - since pay the Rent is one of those, they'd have to play it to have enough games, no?  Those 5 plus this new one makes 6 for the show.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2015, 02:02:37 PM »
This looks pretty good. I like the orange color scheme for the bulk of the prop and the blue/green/red scheme for the GPs, plus the logo is nifty. The only thing I don't like about this is the reflections around the shelves—it looks too distracting seeing Door 4 and the curtains in the prop's reflection. I'm also wondering what the orange part at the bottom is used for...maybe for showing the total of what the contestant selects?

I'm curious as to how long this game will last, too. Pick-a-Pair is the shortest game (and only game) so far at 4.5 minutes, so it'd be nice to see another GP game that length.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 02:43:28 PM »
[rules]
I assume you're speculating?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 03:25:58 PM »
Actually, Penny Ante allowed for three selections from a contestant.
Three wrong selections. It is possible to choose incorrectly twice, then choose correctly twice, thereby making four selections.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.