Author Topic: Bob's last tape date? June 6 or June 28?  (Read 2297 times)

Offline gentleglen

• In the Audience
Bob's last tape date? June 6 or June 28?
« on: March 08, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »
O.K. I've read and heard two different dates for Bob's last tape day for "TPIR" recently. The first June 6 when Bob was addressing critics during the CBS Winter Press Tour in January and now the date of June 28 in which Roger Dobkowitz was quoted as saying in a newspaper story last week and now the cover of the news insert "Rave" is claiming June 28 as Bob's last day-which is correct?? Anyone know for certain?

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
Re: Bob's last tape date? June 6 or June 28?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 11:02:01 AM »
The most accurate is June 6th. If it was to be taped June 28th that would mean more than likely Bob would still be there for the beginning of Season 36. Hopefully I'm correct, and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong.
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 11:07:10 AM »
The answer is: both are correct!

June 6th is Bob's last taping date.

and

June 28th is when that show airs.

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 01:23:24 PM »
Nope, it airs on June 15, unless CBS.com is wrong.

Offline supergoten

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »
I heard it was June 15th as well on this show. I hope we find out for sure because I know my mom will want to tape this one.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 08:57:32 PM »
My guess?  People are going into the tapedate listing, seeing June 28 as the last Season 36 tapedate listed, and assuming because they don't bother to look any farther that it's Bob's last day.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 09:32:17 PM »
Steve, that's about as good an explanation as you can get. :)  I didn't pay extreme attention to the air date myself...

Offline TPIRob

• 1/3/2000
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
My guess?  People are going into the tapedate listing, seeing June 28 as the last Season 36 tapedate listed, and assuming because they don't bother to look any farther that it's Bob's last day.

I'm hoping that's EXACTLY what people think!  Maybe that will reduce the chances of having to get in line a week ahead of time! LOL!

Offline ggooden1

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 02:28:11 AM »

Rob Rosa wrote:

SteveGavazzi wrote:

I'm hoping that's EXACTLY what people think!  Maybe that will reduce the chances of having to get in line a week ahead of time! LOL!

Hmm that's a great point! I'm actually considering going for Bob's last show, maybe we'll all be outside in line wondering "Well shouldn't it be a little more crowded?", and then the June 28 show will end up having a huge crowd and Bob won't even be hosting it.