Author Topic: 4/18/73 (0333D) Bad Money Game playing and interesting Clock Game  (Read 4971 times)

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
Johnny: From Television City in Hollywood, a fortune in fabulous prizes may go to these people today if they know when the price is right!

Mechele Cicelli, COME ON DOWN! (Late 20s brunette in peach-colored pantsuit)
Sandy Hamlin, COME ON DOWN! (Late 20s brunette with a big bouffant in a red cardigan over a white turtleneck and blue slacks)
Sylvia Coleman, COME ON DOWN! (Late 20s black woman with glasses and bouffant wearing an ugly green and orange short-sleeve dress over a long-sleeve white top) and...
Claudia Carvelle, COME ON DOWN! (Early 30s ponytailed brunette in a purple pantsuit)

You are the first contestants on TNPIR! (Not a typo; he actually left out the word "four" for some reason today) And now, here's the star of TNPIR, Bob Barker!

Bob is wearing a gray suit and the Beauties are wearing yellow short-sleeve pantsuits with huge lapels.

Bob: Thank you! Boy, what a welcome! Thank you so much! It's a pleasure to have all of you here for The New Price is Right. And it's a pleasure to have you there with us as home, too. We're gonna be taking contestants right out of this studio audience to play pricing games here on stage with me. Why don't you play right along with us there at home? See just how good you really are as a shopper. Here we go now! Here's the first item up for bids on TNPIR.

1. Simmons Hide-a-Bed sofa bed (Anitra)

Mechele: $350
Sylvia: $275
Sandy: $475
Claudia: $360

ARP: $500. Sandy goes back to the giant price tag and has something to tell Bob.

Sandy: I've been wantin' to kiss you for a long time! Can I kiss you?
Bob: Did you hear what this young lady has said to me? Would you repeat that, Sandy?
Sandy: I said I've been wanting to kiss you for ages. Can I kiss you?
Bob: Can you kiss me? Sandy, it my pl–

Before he gets the word "pleasure", he kisses her like he did Darlene, with the dip and everything. Johnny can be heard shouting "Go, go, go!" as the audience cheers.

Bob: There!
Sandy: Thank you.
Bob: Now, that's the way to start things off!
Sandy: (inaudible)
Bob: What'd you say, Sandy?
Sandy: I said I'm so excited.
Bob: I'm excited too, Sandy! Sandy, I'm so excited, I'll give you a chance to win this!

A NEW CAR!

A 1973 Chevrolet Vega Kammback Wagon with a white-striped tires, wheel trim rings, bumper guards, tinted glass, and electric clock.

Sandy will play Money Game. The board is as follows:

82  38  44
69  26  25
77  53  91

She chooses 44 first.

$44 (Not too surprising.)

Next, she appears to come to her sense and chooses 26, to the audience's delight.

$26 (Well, now it should be obvious what the first two digits are!)

Now she wants 82? Why??
Bob: She wants 82, audience. And regardless of what you say, she wants 82.

$82

Sandy is up to $152 and still hasn't found either half of the car! She's still clueless as she chooses 69.

69 = back of car! (She lucked out on this one! Now the car should be hers since there's only one other pair of numbers that makes sense.)

Sandy wants 91. Screw it. Just start writing her a check now.
Bob: Well, what can I do?

$91

She wins $243 and the car was, as everyone can figure out, $2569.

Bob: Now, that was a sweet little girl to start things off. Let's see what we have next after this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commercials for Future floor polish and Glory rug cleaner. That's it. Only two commercials!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob: This is such a nice, cooperative audience that I will wager that there is someone out there in that audience, Johnny, who would come up here and be a contestant if you would invite them. (audience cheers)
Johnny: You're right, Bob! It's gonna be Leslie Creighton! Come on down, Leslie! You're the next contestant on TNPIR! (Early 20s blonde in a dark red velour pantsuit)

2. Muskin mini-bike (Janice)

Leslie: $500
Claudia: $275
Mechele: $360 ("Three....sixty-....that's all!")
Sylvia: $375

ARP: $390. Sylvia in her ugly dress will play Give or Keep for...

a color TV/stereo combination from Teledyne-Packard Bell! A bonus worth $950!

First pair
* Prince Gardner "Morocco Collection" 7-piece wallet set (WALLETS)
* Five gallons of Devoe paint (PAINT)

Keeps paint, wallets are $50.

Second pair
* Two queen-size St. Mary's blankets (BLANKETS)
* Pines of America child's electric car (KIDDIE CAR)

Sylvia keeps the car, saying her two-year-old daughter Michelle would love it. The blankets are only $16.

Third pair
* Westclox battery-operated table clock (CLOCK)
* Sunbeam/Dupont Teflon fry pan with (FRY PAN)

Keeps fry pan, clock is $30. There is now $96 in the give column.

Paint: $43
Kiddie car: $20
Fry pan: $35

Sylvia wins by $2 and has a new TV/stereo in addition to Michelle's little car!

Bob: There's a winner for us! Let's see if we can find another winner after we see this!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commercials for nuSoft fabric softener and a Hunt's ketchup ad featuring kids putting it on unorthodox things such as cottage cheese, peanut butter sandwiches, and even themselves. Ew.
Ticket plug
Commercials for Murine eyedrops and Ocean Spray cranberry juice cocktail, the latter of which features Morgan Freeman.
Bob: I need another contestant. Johnny Olson, what are you gonna do about that?
Johnny: Gonna get you one, Bob. Where is Diane Feeley? Come on down, Diane! You're the next contestant on TNPIR! (Late 40s brunette with a huge beehive hairdo in a red and white polka-dotted blouse and red pants)

3. Whirlpool trash compactor (Anitra)

Diane: $285
Leslie: $240
Claudia: $295
Mechele: $235

ARP: $240! Leslie got it exactly right! Clock Game has already come around on the turntable. What can she win in those thirty seconds?

A Wal-Vac compact vacuum cleaner system and an Admiral refrigerator/freezer, both modeled by Janice.

Price of cleaning system: $248

"Thirty-five, forty."

Bob stops the clock and clarifies that Leslie is talking in dollars when she says thirty-five. She says yes and he tells her it's higher. Clock resumes.

"Fifty." HIGHER
"Fifty-five." HIGHER
"Seventy, eighty, ninety." HIGHER
"100." HIGHER
"200." HIGHER
"300" LOWER
"250, 260." LOWER
"240." HIGHER
"245." HIGHER
"250." LOWER
"Twooo...forty-eight." WIN with 13.5 seconds left.

Bob: I tell ya right now. In all the months that I've done this show, no one has ever started at $35 before! When she said thirty-five, I thought 'Well, what does she mean? Could she mean 3500?'.

Price of refrigerator/freezer: $794

"500." HIGHER
"600." HIGHER
"700." HIGHER
"900." LOWER
"800." LOWER
"700." HIGHER
"750." HIGHER
"780, 790." HIGHER
"Um, 800." LOWER
"799, 795." LOWER
"794." WIN

Leslie wins! The clock actually went past the zero and onto thirty-one seconds as she said 794, but the buzzer never went off!

Bob: If you look at this clock, it looks as if this [hand] has gone over. But I did not hear the buzzer before you said the price, and I hereby declare you a winner, Leslie!

Now we'll be back with our showcase right after this!

(Thankfully, Leslie's win knocks clueless Sandy out of the showcase!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commercials for Kenmore's Powermate Vacuum at Sears and Lady Norelco shaver.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contestants not appearing onstage receive a $25 gift certificate from Pier One imports. Coming up next – the fabulous Price is Right showcase!
Commercials for Lux dish detergent and Viva paper towels.
Top winner: Sylvia
Runner-up: Leslie

Showcase #1 (all modeled by Janice)
* A trip to Europe (15-day trip for two to London, Paris, and Rome)
* And take along American Tourister luggage.
* With the luggage is a Curity first aid kit.
* To record your trip, there's the Argus Super-8 camera and projector.

This showcase can be yours if the price is right!

Sylvia passes to Leslie, who bids $2700.

Showcase #2 (all modeled by Anitra)

"Your showcase begins with these three gifts!"

* Guild Country Bell AM/FM transistor radio shaped like an old-time phone
* Friedrich air conditioner
* CORE Enterprises five-inch portable TV

"And to get it all home, a new car!"

The Chevrolet Nova coupe with exterior decor and white-striped tires. And to keep it looking new, a Turtle Wax gift pack!

This showcase can be yours if the price is right!

Sylvia bids $3100.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Commercials for General Motors Love Seat (car seat for infants and toddlers) and Morton's breakfast breads.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bob starts with Leslie.

Leslie bid $2700 on her showcase.
ARP: $1932. OVER

As long as Sylvia has not gone over, she wins her showcase.

Sylvia bid $3100.
ARP: $3182! She wins with a difference of just $82! A year later, she'd have gotten both showcases!

Sylvia has won $4620 is prizes and now has car for herself as well as her daughter! Bob Barker saying goodbye, everybody!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: 4/18/73 (0333D) Bad Money Game playing and interesting Clock Game
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 03:38:32 AM »
It sure is weird to envision Bob talking about how many months he's been hosting the show.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.