Author Topic: No moderators at First Run? Or hidden?  (Read 10087 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: No moderators at First Run? Or hidden?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 11:25:54 PM »
Besides, I wouldn't have to if other moderators actually did this.
Or maybe the actual moderators don't really care that much so long as its readable. Or perhaps we don't have the time to be as obsessive as you.
To be fair, more than one poster in that thread complained about the size. It was nice of Torgo to do something instead of saying "We can fix it, but you all can just deal with it."

I completely understand the problem you guys have with Guint and Torgo having the powers they do. It's like Joe Biden and *insert future Speaker of the House* having nuclear launch codes, because the Pentagon accidentally CC'd them in an email (of course this comparison is on an infinitesimal level). Still, it's nice to have a few extra hands on board at the moment since Price news is flying out the wazoo right now. I hope the problem is fixed shortly, but I wouldn't put down the few things they've done.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2015, 11:37:30 PM »
^I agree, it is nice, and I'm certainly not trying to put down what they did, as it was with good intent and not outside of the powers they had in their arsenal.

I suggest Chelsea, Marc and John look into adding more moderators and possibly expanding the powers of a few who've proven to be trustworthy over the years, such as giving the power to ban unrulely members (trolls).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:42:12 PM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2015, 11:40:22 PM »
Part of me wonders if that actually is what is happening...

Online mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 12:03:44 AM »
I agree on the idea of upgrading, but I'm thinking a rank that merely moderates posts and habits. I do know that ProBoards forums by default have a "regular" moderator rank so that such users can edit any post on the site, but they can't ban anyone themselves. I've also practiced with an older SMF version, and unless a new rank is included, I think all you can do is add a further downgraded "global mod" rank.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:03 AM »
I fail to see how fixing bad HTML coding (and deleting extraneous posts referencing said mistakes) refers to exceeding my powers.

Besides, I wouldn't have to if other moderators actually did this.

No sweat off my back. 

Then again, I make no secret of the fact that I basically left this site a couple years ago.  I don't watch Price at all anymore unless I somehow have the day off work, although I do stop by here every now and then if I get bored or want to check in.  You'll see me post a bit occasionally, but I'm by no means an active moderator.

If I see something, I'll still step in and moderate it, since it costs the admins nothing to leave me with my mod powers, but I don't go looking for it anymore.  For all intents and purposes, I should not count toward the total number of moderators on this forum.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:53:20 AM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy