Author Topic: No moderators at First Run? Or hidden?  (Read 10095 times)

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
No moderators at First Run? Or hidden?
« on: September 28, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »
I hope it's just because the moderator list is hidden, but I don't see anything to indicate who moderates the first run section of TPIR recaps now. From a quick glance, I can see on the left column of topic posts that Prizes and Steve are no longer labelled as moderators (which would likely be the same for Alfonzo, Armadillo, and cu2010). Is there a bug somewhere that is causing this?
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: No moderators at First Run? Or hidden?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 05:53:57 PM »
Probably because, at least I assume, we don't have an "official" recapper yet. It's just hidden for now, but the mods are almost certainly there.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 05:57:03 PM »
I'm not sure of the reason, but I can lock, edit, remove, etc. in the section, so while the special stars and title aren't there when I make a post in that section, the functions, capabilities, and actions are all doable on my end. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to help the auditioning recappers with formatting and image replacement as necessary over the past few weeks. However, roughly a week ago, such powers were not there on my end, likely so with other moderators of the section, so I had to ask Thrasher; thankfully the problem was remedied with relative ease, at least on my end.

I'd like to think Renty's right, and if so, that's a damn good reason.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 06:07:00 PM »
I'm not sure of the reason, but I can lock, edit, remove, etc. in the section, so while the special stars and title aren't there when I make a post in that section, the functions, capabilities, and actions are all doable on my end. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to help the auditioning recappers with formatting and image replacement as necessary over the past few weeks. However, roughly a week ago, such powers were not there on my end, likely so with other moderators of the section, so I had to ask Thrasher; thankfully the problem was remedied with relative ease, at least on my end.

I'd like to think Renty's right, and if so, that's a damn good reason.

Technically I still have power as well.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline pocketchange50

• Outside in Line
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 06:35:48 PM »
Somebody needs to check in there. A so called "moderator" just told me to "f off". I would expect that behavior from a jr. high kid, not a grown adult.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 06:40:19 PM »
Somebody needs to check in there. A so called "moderator" just told me to "f off". I would expect that behavior from a jr. high kid, not a grown adult.

I think you need to understand that your comments could've been and have been taken the wrong way. Running around complaining about someone dropping the f-bomb is equally as immature as being told that.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:43:39 PM »
Except, well, Torgo was right. You were belittling the staff of the show, the least of your problems. You also berated the contestants, who were breast cancer survivors. Let's think about how ignorant that was. Your behavior frankly warranted that response; you have zero right to play victim, and to provide a red herring to what you actually did.

Torgo is part of the staff and at minimum, one of our recappers. I'm glad to see new posters, but you really need to fix your attitude overall. You want to accuse Torgo of behaving like a junior high kid (which yeah, no, I hold him in high regard)? Your post in the recap thread was something I'd expect to see out of an elementary school child, maturity-wise. Don't cast stones in a glass house. That's very simple advice, and I suggest you follow it.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »
Technically I still have power as well.

Same here.

Also, the test post I made there reminded me that there's a "Loyal Friend and True" title for users with 10,000+ posts (and no custom/mod title).  Man, I wasted a lot of time here in college.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 01:18:14 AM »
For what it's worth, some of the mods' names are hidden in other sections as well. I see Guint is now apparently a mod in The Talk Is Right, having just edited the Big Money Week thread's title. Also if I am correct, Adam is a moderator in the section, too. Shouldn't they both be listed at the top?
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 01:26:51 AM »
For what it's worth, some of the mods' names are hidden in other sections as well. I see Guint is now apparently a mod in The Talk Is Right, having just edited the Big Money Week thread's title. Also if I am correct, Adam is a moderator in the section, too. Shouldn't they both be listed at the top?

It wouldn't surprise me if you or I had mod powers hidden somewhere, with all of the changes that have been made lately. :P

Seriously though, some clarity on this would be nice, as it's handy to know who has control over what sections.

/and heck, while we're at it, why not make me mod?
//I'd crack a whip and keep this place in line!

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 02:50:52 AM »
I think Guinty, Adam, and Torgo having mod powers in sections outside of their own is a glitch more than anything...a glitch that perhaps should be fixed.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 05:48:22 PM »
I think Guinty, Adam, and Torgo having mod powers in sections outside of their own is a glitch more than anything...a glitch that perhaps should be fixed.

For the time being, would it be asking too much for those who've come to obtain mod powers not specifically delegated to them for use outside of their respective sections of the site to not use them until this issue has been addressed? So far, I know of a couple of instances of said powers being used in the The Talk is Right, and while the intention of their use was for good, it still sets a bad precedent. Traditionally, mods have been recognized by the site admins whenever they're promoted to that position, and as a member, I would like to see some consistency with this practice.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 10:35:00 PM »
For the time being, would it be asking too much for those who've come to obtain mod powers not specifically delegated to them for use outside of their respective sections of the site to not use them until this issue has been addressed? So far, I know of a couple of instances of said powers being used in the The Talk is Right, and while the intention of their use was for good, it still sets a bad precedent. Traditionally, mods have been recognized by the site admins whenever they're promoted to that position, and as a member, I would like to see some consistency with this practice.

I fail to see how fixing bad HTML coding (and deleting extraneous posts referencing said mistakes) refers to exceeding my powers.

Besides, I wouldn't have to if other moderators actually did this.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 10:59:58 PM »
Besides, I wouldn't have to if other moderators actually did this.

Or maybe the actual moderators don't really care that much so long as its readable. Or perhaps we don't have the time to be as obsessive as you.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 11:03:55 PM »
I fail to see how fixing bad HTML coding (and deleting extraneous posts referencing said mistakes) refers to exceeding my powers.

Technically, you aren't exceeding your powers by doing it, nor was Guint when he fixed the title of a thread to incorporate a spoiler tag, as the power to edit posts was in your possession. I have no problem with you all doing these things, but I do take issue with y'all having the ability to with no rhyme or reason as to why. That's not your fault but that of a glitch or a mistake on the part of the admins. I'm just asking, and this is mainly pointed towards the admins who have the final say on these matters, that the mods who haven't been formally given control over sections of the site outside of their own refrain from acting as mods in said areas until proper clarification from the higher ups is given.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:07:23 PM by PayingTheRent »