Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/02/15  (Read 5530 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/02/15
« on: October 02, 2015, 01:58:46 PM »

Episode Clips
Punch a Bunch
Lee's One-Bid Strategy (hey, the show put it up)

With this, my week-long audition for the recapper position comes to a close. I realize the way I handle recaps differs from many of my predecessors, but I went into this audition - rather, had others suggest I should audition - knowing I wanted to make these my way and not attempt to rip off anyone else.

Thanks for the shot.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 04:25:36 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/02/15
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:07:49 PM »
Dice: Rolling a 4 & two 3's in a row after a 6 right off the bat was iffy for Vanessa, but she still won the car.

Danger: I thought that bar set would be much cheaper than the DP of $2034 because there wasn't a specific plug for it.

PaB: Another $5K win, but still no five-figure win in over a yr.

StD: Maurice needed to have aced the grocery part & chosen the last three digits to have won this playing. I personally cut him some slack for choosing the first digit because it was somewhat possible the Sentra SV would break the $20K barrier.

PaN: Usually not a good idea to pick the middle number available to win in this PG, but today it worked.

Showcases: Maurice didn't need to win that Sentra, because number one, that car's going to be redesigned again & number two, the car he ended up with was a high-end Camry. Furthermore, I don't think they would've brought Vanessa's Chevy Spark back out even if she won her Showcase, so it's all good.

Good luck on topping these first two wks. of S44!

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 02:34:51 PM »
StD: Maurice needed to have aced the grocery part & chosen the last three digits to have won this playing. I personally cut him some slack for choosing the first digit because it was somewhat possible the Sentra SV would break the $20K barrier.

When they put out a $19K car on Stack the Deck, it's a pretty clear sign they don't intend it to be won.  Kind of like putting fashion accessories in Danger Price  ;-)

Lee was a bit of a knucklehead, but at least he was likable.  And it gave Drew a nice couple of moments, given that he doesn't interact much with contestants during One Bids anymore.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2015, 02:37:38 PM »
Dice Game: Well played!

Danger Price: Should've avoided the bar set.

Punch-a-Bunch: As usual, smart choice to bail with the $5,000.

Bargain Game: I too said the sauna was the bigger bargain.

Stack the Deck: Tough break there.

Pick-a-Number: I knew it had to be 6, and it was picked!

Showcases: I'd take the Camry over a Sentra any day.

Miscellaneous: Nothing special here, but there were some solid wins nonetheless.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2015, 04:25:31 PM »
My two cents:

Dice Game: What a win after terrible luck on those last three dice!
Danger Price: Tough break. 'Nuff said.
Punch a Bunch: $5K-- Can't argue with that!
Bargain Game: Piece of cake!
Stack the Deck: Tough break. I'm with Bobby on this one.
Pick a Number: Good win.

Showcases: The Camry that Maurice won is far better than the car he didn't win in STD. BTW, I think both Showcases were equally great.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2015, 05:14:01 PM »
Quote from: Torgo
With this, my week-long audition for the recapper position comes to a close. I realize the way I handle recaps differs from many of my predecessors, but I went into this audition - rather, had others suggest I should audition - knowing I wanted to make these my way and not attempt to rip off anyone else.

Thanks for the shot.

For what it's worth, Torgo, I've enjoyed your recaps.  They're clean and easy to read.  The pics of some of the prizes is a nice touch.  There's just enough graphics and color to make it attractive to view, but not so much that it distracts from the recap.

From me to you...Thank you and Good job!
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2015, 08:15:58 PM »
When they put out a $19K car on Stack the Deck, it's a pretty clear sign they don't intend it to be won.  Kind of like putting fashion accessories in Danger Price  ;-)

Although if he did get the three picks and took 3rd, 4th and 5th numbers, that would leave him basically a 50/50 choice (19 or 21) which isn't that bad (or any harder than many other games played for much cheaper items).

Offline Ronic

• In the Audience
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2015, 12:04:37 AM »
Thanks Torgo for your week of auditioning to be the TPIR recapper, and I've a fitting piece of music for your departure in that role.

=D

Offline Charizard632

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 11:25:42 AM »
Your recaps are entertaining! One thing that I wish could have been added is the amount of money won on each pricing game.