Author Topic: The New Turntable & Potential FPG Spoilers  (Read 45531 times)

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
Re: The New Turntable & Potential FPG Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2016, 11:09:03 PM »
The Socially Awesome Week promo has been released, which may affect this week's FPG. Check it out here.

Safe Crackers and Balance Game are definitely spoiled, but may or may not happen on Friday. If anyone else spots any other games or indications in the video, discuss them here.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2016, 11:19:31 PM »
If Pamela doesn't play Safe Crackers, then 5 Price Tags would also be spoiled.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2016, 05:10:27 AM »
Magic # is also spoiled, from the first few split seconds in, on the house back monitor. For a split second at one second in, I -think- I can make out a 5PT prop, but this one I'm less sure of, whereas it's 100% for Magic.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2016, 11:33:16 AM »
Balance Game aired today.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2016, 02:19:39 PM »
Magic # is also spoiled, from the first few split seconds in, on the house back monitor. For a split second at one second in, I -think- I can make out a 5PT prop, but this one I'm less sure of, whereas it's 100% for Magic.

If you pause around 5 seconds, they are showing a clip with the old home base wall. I don't think that is an indication that a certain game is going to be played.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2016, 01:13:19 PM »
TV during today's playing of Switch? had Magic #. The computer in yesterday's playing of Double Cross was also displaying Magic #.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 01:05:49 PM »
5 Price Tags and Safe Crackers both showed up today. Magic # is all that we're left with.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 01:41:05 PM »
I think it has been established that the Magic # on the TV screen is more than likely from a previous playing. It seems the gifs they're showing in the back wall and their TVs are previous clips from old shows. While Magic # could certainly show (it is due) I don't think it, or any other games seen, should be considered a spoiler.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 02:15:17 PM »
I think it has been established that the Magic # on the TV screen is more than likely from a previous playing. It seems the gifs they're showing in the back wall and their TVs are previous clips from old shows. While Magic # could certainly show (it is due) I don't think it, or any other games seen, should be considered a spoiler.
After having viewed the other 3 playings of Magic # so far this season, I can confirm that we haven't seen the contestant in this playing of Magic # yet. (9/29 was a female, 11/4 was a black male, and 12/15 was a white male with a green shirt). Here's a picture of the spoiled Magic # playing, as seen on the TV in today's playing of Freeze Frame:
http://i.imgur.com/NOmHtMT.jpg (posting a link because the picture is too large to be posted directly)

Offline Cephas

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 02:31:01 PM »
The Switch? playing yesterday was taped the day before Friday's episode, so there's no way that unambiguously points out that it will be played this Friday.

Also note that this week was taped only two weeks ago, so that Magic # playing could be aired on an episode airing much later.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:38:11 PM by Cephas »

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 03:04:56 PM »
Also note that this week was taped only two weeks ago, so that Magic # playing could be aired on an episode airing much later.
After looking at the tape dates, I think you're right in that it will air much later.

Offline OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
So, I looked through all the Magic Number playings through the beginning of Season 43 (when they changed the doors) to see if we had seen this guy before.

What I found is that we have seen this playing before from all the way back on October 22, 2014. This was Magic's first playing of that season and if you need video proof, here it is:
While it wouldn't be wrong to think that this game might show up, after all that hashtag fits nicely with the theme, the shot itself does not spoil anything we haven't seen yet.

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 04:37:41 PM »
So, I looked through all the Magic Number playings through the beginning of Season 43 (when they changed the doors) to see if we had seen this guy before.

What I found is that we have seen this playing before from all the way back on October 22, 2014. This was Magic's first playing of that season and if you need video proof, here it is:
While it wouldn't be wrong to think that this game might show up, after all that hashtag fits nicely with the theme, the shot itself does not spoil anything we haven't seen yet.
Nice find (the specific picture of Magic # is at 0:18 in the video). I didn't expect that they'd still be showing clips from last season this late into the new season.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 08:28:00 PM »
Well, as Josh444 stated, one of the gifs feature the old home base wall. So they're just going through old gifs that look exciting or feature a lot of movement and using them.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline whammy007

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Thank Goodson It's Friday (Prediction Game)
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 09:07:52 PM »
After reviewing all the posts made recently, I'm saying that Cephas and Tris are exactly right. Sorry, I don't have $500 for you to share, you'll have to take some old coupons I had laying about. :P

While it would very much make sense for Magic # to show up given the symbol in its name, there are currently no direct spoilers giving it away. The back-wall clips are definitely old, and nothing else in the promo video tips it off. Likewise, the TV spoilers can't be attributed to Magic appearing, because this week taped in January where the surrounding ones were filmed in October/November... those clips could come from episodes airing as late as April.

Barring any additional evidence surfacing between now and game time, my judgment is that Magic # is currently NOT spoiled. It may be picked with any confidence ranking on your lineups this week, or ignored entirely if you don't feel it's due. If anything else is revealed by Friday, we'll take it as it comes in, but at this time I believe we've divested ourselves of all previously spoiled games.