Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 09/21/15 (Season 44 Premiere; Decades Week Day 1: 1970s)  (Read 19265 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: TPIR Recap - 9/21/15 (Season 44 Premiere/Decades Week Day 1 - 1970s)
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2015, 04:02:59 PM »
As to "Stand up!", I'm glad they stayed away from that, because it was "Come on down!" by the end of the first week,
Not quite. #0013D(R) was taped after #0022D, the first show with the standard intro. "Come on down!" was always used during the body of the show, however.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2015, 07:53:19 PM »
I don't know why some people were sad they didn't do "Stand Up" today. They really didn't need to as they did it for the 40th Anniversary show from 2012. This was far better to get a recreation of the old border and opening titles.

Also, I didn't mention this earlier, but I love Drew's knowledge of history. After Any Number, he mention to the contestant about going to the Wheel and said immediately afterwards, "Wheel didn't exist in '72, but we're going to JUMP to '75." The way he said it, it sounded to me like he was saying this off the top of his head and not something written on a cue card. I could be wrong, but I was really impressed with how seamlessly he said it.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2015, 08:03:44 PM »
I'll just insert this here. :D

Actually, it appeared on my TV that the blue was slightly faded from top (a light) to bottom (a mid blue). If so, I imagine it was done that way for HD purposes, and not to look flat and plain.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: TPIR Recap - 09/21/15 (Season 44 Premiere; Decades Week Day 1: 1970s)
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2015, 10:28:07 PM »
In an effort to maintain consistency for the season, I will be re-doing (or already re-did, if you see this late) the Decades Week recaps. I asked TPIRFan2000 for his permission, and many of the latter episodes of the week will feature his wording.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.