Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/05/15  (Read 6738 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/05/15
« on: October 05, 2015, 01:57:09 PM »

Episode Clips
Grand Game
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:18:30 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/05/15
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 02:00:56 PM »
For a generic Path/Grand show, this could have been both a lot worse and a lot better. At least a rare literally at the edge Range win livened things up after the first segment, but at the same time, both car games were actually played well to start and then just unfortunately tailed off due to some bad luck.

I suspect we will see Hole, Roo OR 10C, Spree, Race as the unplayed list should continue to go down before a gimmick week next week.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 02:23:49 PM »
THE BAD NEWS:

A#: Well, at least Chantee can buy that $9 Box Set from Little Caesars...But honestly, there was no way they were gonna put 2 bucks and change on the piggy bank. This time, anyway.

ME: Even Drew knew that Michael was wrong on the bags.

Pathfinder: Well, Russel got a car audio system for...Oh, what am I saying? He can take that back. No need for that now. Hopefully in the next 10 years, he'll remember that ladies' watches aren't worth at least $9K.  :P

THE GOOD NEWS:

SBS: Easy win by Valerie!

Range Game: That win couldn't come any closer if it tried...Still, not bad by Robert R.

Grand Game: I was way off on the shampoo, but good win from Sheridan and a decent SC bid.

THE BOTTOM LINE:

About as average as it can get, but the car games weren't that difficult...They were winnable had not been for some bad luck. And Valerie's shirt...It's spelled M-A-N-U-E-L-A.

And congrats to Torgo on being the new recapper!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 03:22:30 PM »
Grand Game: Winning that $10,000 was certainly a nice way to kick off the show.

Side by Side: Another solid win!

Any Number: I would've picked 2 as the last number.

Most Expen$ive: I see that deceptively cheap designer crap is up to its usual dirty tricks again!

Pathfinder: Disappointing ending there.

Range Game: That close win is an eerie echo if 1996; for those of you who may not remember that playing, it was initially a loss, but then changed to a win.

Showcases: Although the FRATS was more expensive than the Mazda one, I'd prefer the latter anyway. And what a huge blow to Russel on his overbid.

Miscellaneous: IIRC, this was the second time that a contestant named Bob Barker was called to come on down; unfortunately, he was eight years too late. And it has to be a double-coincidence to know that he's from Carey, Ohio! Once again, congrats to Torgo for being the new recapper, and we look forward to seeing more from him as Season 44 progresses on.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 08:06:14 PM »
Torgo, your recaps look great! :-)

In the same position as today's Any Number contestant, I also would have chosen "9". Oh well, bright side: large piggy bank win. ;-)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 09:36:17 PM »
Sure the bells and dings went off, but did Robert really win Range Game? Of course in a close situation you give it to the contestant, but there is a unavoidable delay between the time that he pushes the button and the range actually stops. This is probably why they got rid of the split screen the second he pressed it because you could see that he wasn't actually at the price. I tried to get a screenshot of this - you'll have to believe me that Robert has already hit the button by this point.

I wonder if there was a stopdown to determine whether or not he had actually won.

Russel was fantastic at navigating that maze of SP's during Pathfinder. Who would pick $67 over $95? Too bad he couldn't walk away with the car.

Torgo, looks like you left an extra number in the recap for the seventh pick in Any Number.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 09:52:24 PM »
Torgo, looks like you left an extra number in the recap for the seventh pick in Any Number.

For someone so quick to point out mistakes, you failed to notice that today's contestants were not named Vanessa and Maurice. (hold-over from Friday)

Fixed.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:16:55 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2015, 10:45:05 PM »
In the same position as today's Any Number contestant, I also would have chosen "9". Oh well, bright side: large piggy bank win. ;-)
The first digit of the piggy bank is usually a higher number, so in her situation it was wise to go with a low number.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »
Sure the bells and dings went off, but did Robert really win Range Game?
I say yes. They gave it to him because of the delay. Also, if you notice in the close up of the board, you can clearly see that the rangefinder is crooked. I assume that is to account somewhat for the delay.

In fact, if you're eagle-eyed enough to catch it, when they cut from the split screen at the same time he stops it, you can clearly see the range didn't stop for a couple of seconds.

Would they gave it to him if it was on the opposite of the rangefinder? That's tough to say, but they've been generous in the past depending on how it looks.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 10:49:52 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2015, 11:48:44 PM »
Anyone happen to know or recall if this was the same "Bob Barker" that appeared on Wheel of Fortune a few seasons back?...
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2015, 02:40:14 AM »
Drew's fake-out at the end of Grand Game today was fantastic.  For as many times as he's reacted to a loss like that...well, it was a hell of a surprise to see him do it and then have the game be won. :)

I wonder if Russel thought the third Item up for Bids was still the surfboards. ;)

The 1s in Any Number were centered today.  They don't usually look like that, do they?

Incidentally, for whatever it's worth, if I'd been in Chantee's position at the end of Any Number, I'd have won.

Range Game was nothing short of amazing.  If Robert had hit the button literally a fraction of a second earlier, he wouldn't have won.  (As it is, with the way he hit the button, I'm kind of surprised he didn't knock the whole board over.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2015, 07:56:56 AM »
The 1s in Any Number were centered today.  They don't usually look like that, do they?

No, nor do I think this is permanent. The game behaved normally during Decades Week, which was taped after.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2015, 08:58:55 AM »

Noticed the same thing.   Looked weird
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.