Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/06/15  (Read 5722 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/06/15
« on: October 06, 2015, 01:57:26 PM »

Episode Clips
Check-Out
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 07:43:12 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/06/15
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 02:18:58 PM »
Guess this week, we could be getting some pretty average shows, which is not surprising that the show probably did need a cool-down after the last two weeks.

What did stand out today was Ernesto...Something tells me that he might be drinking too much Jolt Cola before being a contestant. Drew's joke during the playing of C-O was quite hilarious.

Well, not to get too elaborate, C-O and Pushy were won. L7 was a tad cruel and short. And MoL was very anti-climatic. And Plinko...Well, what else is new?

THE BOTTOM LINE:

Lineup was good, but pretty meh, win-wise.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:19 PM »
Torgo, you do an excellent job with your lineups. The only suggestion I have is to add a WIN or LOSS at the end of each segment like we've had in the past. It would make it much easier to quickly browse the recap for the game outcomes. Other than that, thanks for your hard work!

I love that they've finally fixed their monitors so that the numbers aren't stretching. The Plinko and Showcase monitors look much better now.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 02:47:40 PM »
Lucky $even: That evil Focus claims another victim.

Do the Math: I thought adding was right; once again, the designer crap rears its ugly head.

Check-Out: Well done!

More or Less: I thought that computer was more; too bad LaShawn did not agree with that.

Push Over: I was torn between $9317 and $7286; good thing Sarah stopped on the latter.

Plinko: $3000 is nothing to write home about, but than again, it's better than nothing.

Showcases: Another instance of two players being way off on their bids. I'd prefer the Jetta Showcase over the boat anyway.

Miscellaneous: While this wasn't a good show, it wasn't bad either. In other words, same old business as usual. However, I think it's interesting to note that three of the pricing games were also from the last Barker MDS with the same results except for Lucky $even, which was won on that show.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 03:06:20 PM »
However, I think it's interesting to note that three of the pricing games were also from the last Barker MDS with the same results except for Lucky $even, which was won on that show.

What kind of convoluted coincidence is this?

CJ, that's the whole reason I posted the summary at the end; this way, you have all the game results in one concise package.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 07:35:12 PM »
That More or Less setup seemed like a tough one to me. The computer was "just" $299 more than the shown price, and I think the dishwasher price was also close to $1000, at least relative to the difference between the shown and actual prices of the elliptical.

What a great Check-out win! :)     I would have lost; my total was too low.

Offline plinkoboard

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 08:12:55 PM »
I had a feeling plus was the choice for Do The Math.  Tricky More Or Less setup today.  Only 2 choices were possible for Push Over $7,000 and $9,000.  Fortunately the right choice was picked.  Also I agree that Torgo does a good job with the recaps(and much differently than other moderators in the past have I might add) but I have a different suggestion that would help for stat purposes.  The total winnings for the day should be listed as they were in years past.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2015, 09:24:22 PM »
I have a different suggestion that would help for stat purposes.  The total winnings for the day should be listed as they were in years past.

Yes, I was also about to suggest that, considering that cash awards in FPG rely on the daily winnings.  And FPG begins again in less than 10 days.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 02:57:11 AM »
I have no idea how Do the Math was lost today.  I thought that answer was pretty obvious.

Check-Out was probably the highlight of the show.  It's always an exciting game to see somebody win, and Ernesto was a great contestant, to boot.

I'm glad they finally reprogrammed the Plinko scoreboard so that the smaller amounts aren't ridiculously stretched.

However, I think it's interesting to note that three of the pricing games were also from the last Barker MDS with the same results except for Lucky $even, which was won on that show.

Then you think wrongly.  That has absolutely no relevance to anything and isn't interesting at all.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 05:02:04 AM »
I'm glad they finally reprogrammed the Plinko scoreboard so that the smaller amounts aren't ridiculously stretched.

Looks like they also got rid of the unneeded comma, causing the numbers to finally be properly centered.

The directing of that whole segment was strange, though...for some reason, Adam used a couple of crossfades shortly before throwing to George for the first small prize reveal. Came off really awkward. The cues used were also terrible...they didn't even sound like prize cues!
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.