Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/07/15  (Read 10924 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/07/15
« on: October 07, 2015, 01:42:10 PM »

Episode Clips
Race Game
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:34:16 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/07/15
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 02:12:20 PM »
I know I'm being pedantic, but the actual line from the song is "walking with my feet 10 feet off of Biehl" (Biehl St. being the location of many famous blues clubs in Memphis). :-)

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 02:24:39 PM »
I thought Samuel had fallen one card short of winning the VW Bug, thinking it was $22,615- what do I know?  :lol:

You would think they would let up on the groceries in Hole in One or Two even w/ a $13K car on the line today? Obviously not. And the first-class trip bug claims another victim.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
I know I'm being pedantic, but the actual line from the song is "walking with my feet 10 feet off of Biehl" (Biehl St. being the location of many famous blues clubs in Memphis). :-)

A.) copyright :)
B.) Beale Street.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 02:35:54 PM »
Bargain Game: What a nice win!

Card Game: Clearly a smart move to stop at $19,000 with a $3,000 range.

Secret "X": That humidifier clearly cost Loren any chances of winning; he should've placed one of those X's in the bottom corner instead.

Race Game: See Bargain Game.

Coming or Going: That was a very evil setup!

Hole in One: As soon as I saw the price of the rice cakes, I saw all chances of winning the car go right out the window.

SCSDs: It's always nice to see both winners spin a dollar.

Showcases: How the (expletive) was that Chrysler Showcase worth $50,000?! If that had been a 300, that price might've been more reasonable, but a 200 is just insane.

Miscellaneous: Once again, the typical bag of unexpected surprises, both good and bad.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2015, 02:51:48 PM »
THE BAD NEWS:

Secret X: I wasn't too surprised that the X was in the middle, despite Loren's choices. Well, getting a G-bar and winning his SC isn't all that bad.

CoG: I think that 8 dropping on the ground was trying to tell Hannah something.  :P

Hole In One (Or Two)*: They edit that game so much, you'd think they were trying to air a episode of The Sopranos on Nickelodeon.  :P I mean, they didn't even bother to do Drew's inspirational putt...Or if there was one at all. It also didn't help that there were terrible SPs (Curse those rice cakes) and a car that was so cheap, it makes the Spark look like a Ferrari (The Versa). Well, give Bridget a "A" for effort, I guess.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Bargain Game: British Columbia was really pricey, but good work by Monica!

Card Game: Nice work by Samuel! That $3000 card sure paid off.

Race Game: Rearranging the first two prizes helped Robert to get that win!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

There was pretty odd editing for a good amount of today's show, but the wins were pretty good. I guess the next time, I won't underestimate The Presidential Suite in Vegas.

*Good use of those Happy Gilmore pics, Torgo.

Showcases: How the (expletive) was that Chrysler Showcase worth $50,000?! If that had been a 300, that price might've been more reasonable, but a 200 is just insane.
It was mainly because of the Vegas trip. Torgo mentioned that The Presidential Suite was worth $20K.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 02:58:40 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2015, 03:07:07 PM »
Cheapest car the show has offered in Hole today since 4/18/11, in Spelling Bee, a $12,980 Chevrolet Aveo5 that was offered at various fee games throughout Season 39, including Hole and Roll. This was also George's first day as permanent announcer.

Wow, they did not want SC2 won. I mean, presidental is a big word to note, but it's only one word, and very easily missable for an on-stage player. This probably would have been better as SC1 though, myself, but that's merely personal preference, won't impact ratings or the like at all.

Today in Price history:

In 1988, Janice was badly injured during the opening when a new cameraman swung his camera in the wrong direction and knocked her into the audience. There was a stopdown for nearly an hour until staff were assured that Janice would survive; it was then completed with only Dian and Holly modeling. Janice returned 11/10.

20 years later in 2008, we had the first of the Drewcases. If you remember, Rich read the copy under crazy circumstances, including I believe a dunk tank if he didn't get it off in time. He also signed off the program loaded with helium.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:17:40 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2015, 04:19:42 PM »
Just so you know, next week is Big Money Week IV, not III. ;)

Love that cardboard car image in the Hole in One recap. :lol: What a cheap-o car. Didn't matter either way to the budget - that was some of the worst playing and even worse putting I've seen in this game in a while.

Re: Loren's total, someone must've forgotten to add in the $55 for the toaster.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 04:23:41 PM by CJBojangles »

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2015, 05:20:44 PM »

But the toaster was $30...

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2015, 06:09:09 PM »
"Not enough time" to show the inspiration putt?? If that was the case, wow. It feels like something is missing from the game without it.

Fantastic Card Game win! :P

Another Big Money Week next week? I'm crossing my fingers for a big money car ($50K - $98K) in 10 Chances. I've wanted to see that for years (and years). :)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 06:14:43 PM »
I know that the show is hurting from last week, but my word, there was no need to make Hole in One that hard for such a cheapo car. I mean, wow, that was hilariously cheap. Listen guys, I know there are still cars that low in price, but the show was offering $13K cars on the regular 20 years ago. I think it's time to move on. For the record, I doubt they chose this car for this game because of what happened last week. I thought they plan out the shows and prizes weeks in advance, so it just happened to line up that this cheap thing appeared after the big week last week.

Great wins to open up the show. Definitely thought Memphis would be the bigger Bargain. Not a Dobstopper, but certainly nowhere near a gimmie. Card Game was good. Good range. Good cards picked. Good place to stop. It was satisfying to see someone play it well.

Listen, I know that was a Presidential Suite with a first class flight, but still. That was an outrageous price for four nights. I knew the RedRock was nice, but damn, I wasn't it expecting it to be that nice. I get why the show put it in there. It's a nice looking trip and when everybody hears the price, they'll ooh and ahh, and it'll get them to come back to see what other nice prizes they have. The show then doesn't have to pay out because they know that people are likely not going over on Showcase 1 and their difference will be less than that of Showcase 2, so they can show the nice stuff off without having to pay for it. But it just seems... disingenuous, to offer something you know is likely not going to be won.

"Not enough time" to show the inspiration putt?? If that was the case, wow. It feels like something is missing from the game without it.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that might've been the first time they cut out an inspiration putt in Hole in at least a year, if not longer. I think they showed every inspiration putt last season. I remember because for about half of the season, every time Drew made his putt, a contestant would lose and everytime he didn't, a contestant would win. Also, Drew did pretty well last season, making a lot of them (5 in a row it looks like from Scorpz).

I think you're mishearing him. -72 can sound very close -17 when the sound mix doesn't come through well on the TV. I couldn't tell myself on my TV, but listening to it with headphones on Drew does say -72 to me.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 06:17:44 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2015, 06:35:53 PM »

Oh. Then no freakin' clue. :P

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2015, 07:00:50 PM »
Anyone else scared that some day they'll forget to hit the brakes have the car go straight into the audience.    We all know that we have had car accidents on stage before.
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »
Anyone else scared that some day they'll forget to hit the brakes have the car go straight into the audience.    We all know that we have had car accidents on stage before.

I don't think the car is being pushed with such momentum that it would not only mow down Drew, the contestant, and wipe out the Card Game prop, but go over the edge of the stage and into the audience pit. I don't think you have reason to worry.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2015, 10:40:02 PM »

This argument comes up from time to time, and it makes me wonder if people want this to happen. So many people fill the stage at any given time during a taping! This will never happen.