Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/13/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 2)  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/13/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 2)
« on: October 13, 2015, 01:39:29 PM »

A brief note on how I determined the price of the Clock Game prizes:
$5,000 cash
$899 refrigerator
$578 cameras
$899 oscillating fan (Cool-Off.com)
$6,078 furniture

We last saw the Lloyd Flanders package in Check-Out on 10/06/15. That prize package totaled $9,057. Ergo...
$9,057 prize package
- $1,359 grill (previous shows, no thermometer)
- $1,620 steaks (ascertained from package offerings on OmahaSteaks.com
= $6,078 furniture

Episode Clips
Line Em Up
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 12:20:39 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/13/15 (Big Money Week)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 02:09:38 PM »
Squeeze Play: Nice win to start off the show.

Punch-a-Bunch (for $250,000): Horrible luck with those punches.

Line em Up: Beatriz sure made that look easy with that rare one-shot win!

Pick-a-Pair: Back-to-back one-shot wins!

Lucky $even: Is it just me, or are they making this game impossible to win now?

Clock Game: Well played!

Showcases: Seems that James Corden was a day late, because the second Showcase included a trip to the real Big Apple (NYC). Although I'm happy to see Alejandro win that Showcase, the Pathfinder one was clearly the better Showcase.

Miscellaneous: Punch-a-Bunch and Lucky $even were total letdowns, but the playings Line em Up and Pick-a-Pair that both required only one chance to win were very fun to watch.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/13/15 (Big Money Week)
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »
Something's wrong when it's easy to win $5000 + a nice prize in games such as Squeeze (odd 4s eliminating a 4th option, though), Pick a Pair, etc. and it's much harder to even get $5000 in the "Big Money" game today.

SC1's writing was really good... only a handful of these a season now.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/13/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 2)
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »
It's Day 2 of Big Money Week.

THE BAD NEWS:

L7: They were trying a little too hard to make that a forced loss, what with the Jetta in play and that price. At least Alejandro got some nice trips to Milan and New York (Now that's the "Big Apple", James Corden).

THE NOT-SO-BAD NEWS:

Punch-A-Bunch (For $250K): Quite a misfortune for Heather. Too bad Drew didn't reveal where the big money was.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Squeeze Play: That was quite a "gimme" right there since I don't remember any Japan trips being worth $18K+...$16K+, yes. Still, a good win by Brandon!

Line 'Em Up: Good work by Beatriz, who got it on the 1st try!

Pick-A-Pair: Ditto for Mona!

Stopwatch Clock Game: Clifford played that like a LFaT!

THE BOTTOM LINE:

The second day of this week was just as good as yesterday, but it's too bad about what happened on Punchy, though. SC1 was done really well IMHO.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 05:27:25 PM »
SP: Easy.

PaB: Unfortunately, the 2nd playing of the $250K edition went very similar to the 1st one.

LeU: Well done- it was a tossup between $18,429 & $18,459.

PaP: Mona must've shopped very recently because of how quickly she wanted to end this PG.

L$: No one has made it all the way in any playing to date this season.

Clock: We're not gonna know the price of that patio furniture, though.

Showcases: Beatriz absolutely should've passed the 1st Showcase to Alejandro, because that was virtually impossible to price well.

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 09:26:19 PM »
Squeeze - I would've gotten rid of the 8 as well. Japan couldn't be that expensive.

Punchy - Tough luck. Being the Big Money game, the game literally just went down, down, down as the values she threw away ended up getting lower and lower.

Line 'em Up - Awesome win!

Pick-a-Pair - Another good win. The prize package is pretty expensive for a non-car prize in a fee game, though. I kind of wish they'd just offer single prizes more often like the show used to...I'm not really fond of seeing "bonus" prizes and the frequent services-for-a-year prizes show up a lot of the time in fee games. Not a big deal, but it's just my opinion.

Lucky $even - The evil 7, 8 and 9 claim another victim.  :-(

Clock Game - Solid win. And thanks for sharing the price determination, Torgo - that's some pretty neat info.

Showcases - That first showcase with the pricing games was clever. Like, really clever. That Pathfinder came out of nowhere, and I'm shocked at how high the price of the showcase was. When was even the last time a Pathfinder was offered on the show? I don't think I ever heard or saw the car last season at all...maybe even the preceding season.

My showcase bids would have been about $34,000 / $25,000.

All in all, another good show! It's disappointing the Big Money game wasn't won, and how Punch went into a downward spiral with its values, but it still ended with a marvelous 4/6 games won nonetheless. Hopefully tomorrow will keep the good streak up.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:52:17 PM »
Lucky $even - The evil 7, 8 and 9 claim another victim.  :-(
Fixed for you.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 07:28:50 AM »
It seems that since Mike has come in, we typically have a random car game join Pathfinder and Stack the Deck as one of those games.  I think that when they spun the wheel before this season, it fell on 'Lucky Seven'.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »
Fixed for you.

You will stop this, or you won't be saying much of anything around here anymore.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »
You will stop this, or you won't be saying much of anything around here anymore.
I was just saying that Schifty thought the so-called "evil" 7, 8, and 9 claimed another victim, but this contestant got the 8 (the usually-easy-to-guess 2nd number) on the nose.

My two cents:

Squeeze Play: What a pricey trip! Nevertheless, great win!
Big Money Punch-a-Bunch: Repeat of the first Big Money Week-- Another $1,000 win. But boy, was that $250,000 bill HUGE!
Line 'em Up: What a win right off the bat!
Pick a Pair: Piece of cake!
Lucky Seven: Can't say the same for this, though the price seems a tad reasonable. If only he'd said 5 on the next-to-last number. I'm sure he would've won.
Clock Game: Piece of cake!

Showcases: I prefer the Showcase with the scarcely-offered Nissan Pathfinder.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 11:01:11 AM by Swingbatta0 »
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 01:26:00 PM »
To be honest, I didn't really mind Swing's FTFY comment. Generally speaking, those three high numbers are usually infamous for stumping players and eventually causing them to lose. I was specifically referring to the 7, 8 and 9 as a whole (as more high numbers in the setup doesn't make a very nice setup), but I'll take the correction anyway. At least the contestant nailed the 8.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2015, 05:22:36 PM »
I wonder if they used that weird Squeeze Play setup on purpose so as to make the game more likely to be won.  I can't imagine they wanted one of this week's episodes to kick off with a loss, after all.

How long has it been since somebody won Line em Up on their first turn?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.