Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 10/16/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 5)  (Read 13371 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 10/16/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 5)
« on: October 16, 2015, 01:35:27 PM »

I went to Ford.com and built the Fiesta, so I can attest that its ARP is $17,435.

For totals purposes, I assume the price of the refrigerator to be $1,399 based on online figures and past refrigerators on the show.

Episode Clips
Let 'Em Roll
« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 02:30:32 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: TPIR Recap - 10/16/15 (Big Money Week IV, Day 5)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
"$10,000" Safe Crackers: This would not be the first time that the ARP was never revealed; Rich Fields did not mention the price of either when it was played on an MDS, due to the fact that it was the Million Dollar Game. But I like that it was won.

Double Prices: That was a tough setup; I, too, would've lost with the higher price.

Rat Race: Well, the handbags were better than nothing. Being way off on the first two GPs didn't help matters either.

"$100,000" Let em Roll: Now that's how you give away the big bucks!

Make Your Move: Nice win.

That's Too Much!: The less said about this game, the better.

Showcases: Those bids were not too bad, but the FRATS edged out the Scion Showcase.

Miscellaneous: I was not counting on two Big Money games to show up in the same episode, and I'm pleasantly shocked that both of them were won. What a great way to close out Big Money Week!

Offline Swingbatta0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Woefully underplayed.
    • Nick's Table of Trades
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 01:56:53 PM »
My two cents:

Safe Crackers: I always thought that this being Big Money Week, it would be played for a car today, but boy, was I shocked when I saw they were offering $10,000! And what a win! Almost $16,000 all together!
Double Prices: Tough break. Pretty pricey cruise, though.
Rat Race: At least we had a race and she won the 2nd place prize.
Big Money Let 'em Roll: GREAT win! Definitely beats winning a car!
Make Your Move: Good win.
That's Too Much: OUCH!

Showcases: Didn't care which Showcase was better. The $105,000 win in Let 'em Roll trumps all today.

What a way to end another great Big Money Week! Here's hoping the new elements they added to this Big Money Week (including a $5K bonus for PG wins, cash bonuses in the Showcases, $50K in the Big Wheel, more expensive One-Bid prizes, etc.) carry over to next year's.
If interested in trading, consult Nick's Table of Trades:

http://tableoftrades.weebly.com/index.html

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 02:10:12 PM »
I missed most of this week due to circumstances, so it was nice to catch the Friday show.

I thought Rat Race was set up fairly hard. I don't recall seeing the bird seed before and that felt like a tough one in any case. The flatiron wasn't a gimme either, with only the mixer feeling easy. Glad the contestant won something with how that was.

Conversely, I thought Let 'Em Roll was set up for at least two roll sand probably three. I could see missing one or the other, but probably not both. The fact that Drew mentioned it was an 8 stick pack of butter really helped.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 02:19:55 PM »
I thought Rat Race was set up fairly hard. I don't recall seeing the bird seed before and that felt like a tough one in any case. The flatiron wasn't a gimme either, with only the mixer feeling easy.

I can't give you dates, but I know I've seen the bird seed on the show before, but I couldn't remember the price.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 02:32:33 PM »
Was this the first time Safe Crackers has been played for a main prize of cash? I like that, since, well, it's in a safe. :)  Also, George couldn't say "It's a Safe Crackers prize package worth..." without basically giving away the combination.

Very nice Let 'Em Roll win, but part of me would have liked to see a tougher decision made if a larger cash amount (say $20K - $35K) came up on the first roll. 

I can't give you dates, but I know I've seen the bird seed on the show before, but I couldn't remember the price.
Oh yes, that bird seed has been on the show many times before, and I remembered the price.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:37:06 PM by GameShowKid »

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 02:37:46 PM »
Two Random Questions:
When's the last time 2 Pricing Games were won ( on the same show ) when the Winning Prize was $10,000+ cash ( Excluding the Bonus ) ?
When's The last time no Big Doors were opened for a Showcase winner?

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 02:54:23 PM »
While we're asking "random questions":

Is $105,000 the most cash anyone has won on the daytime version?  IIRC, two contestants have won $101,000 ($100,000 + usual 1000 bonus on 1/2 Off during a previous Big Money Week; $100,000 Pay The Rent + $1000 SCSD)

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 03:18:33 PM »
About time someone won the maximum prize on the Big Money Game!

Is $105,000 the most cash anyone has won on the daytime version?  IIRC, two contestants have won $101,000 ($100,000 + usual 1000 bonus on 1/2 Off during a previous Big Money Week; $100,000 Pay The Rent + $1000 SCSD)
7 people have won over $105k on daytime. The highest cash won on the daytime version by one contestant was $170,345, won by Sheree on 12/30/2013. (she won an Audi R8 plus $10k in Gas Money - and she didn't even make it to the Showcase!)
http://tpirsummaries.8m.com/Other/TopTen.html
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »
The highest cash won on the daytime version by one contestant was $170,345, won by Sheree on 12/30/2013. (she won an Audi R8 plus $10k in Gas Money - and she didn't even make it to the Showcase!)
http://tpirsummaries.8m.com/Other/TopTen.html

That was cash and prizes. ThatDonGuy was asking if today was the record for just cash, without prizes.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 03:34:36 PM »
I thought Rat Race was set up fairly hard. I don't recall seeing the bird seed before and that felt like a tough one in any case.
The Birdola was featured on the show quite often in Seasons 39 and 40 (possibly earlier, but I wasn't watching S38). In fact, the quote in my signature comes from the first Celebrity Week in which Snoop Dogg amusingly asks the audience for advice on the price of the Birdola during Check-Out.

What a win in Let 'Em Roll. I did not like the amounts on the cubes. I know that $10,000 is only a small fraction of the top prize on offer, but I think an amount that high would not encourage anyone to go for it unless they had a situation similar to that of today's. If anything the cube amounts probably would've been best at $1,000/$2,500/$5,000.

Very funny that they had to play Safe Crackers without giving the total of the prize package for obvious reasons. That is certainly an interesting way to play the game, but I think I like the game better with actual tangible prizes.

I know this is Big Money Week, but it seems very odd to have two games played for cash in this show and neither game be an actual cash game. I'm no Roger, but that has to be a first, right?
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2015, 03:37:27 PM »

On October 14, 2013, Cassidy won $101,000 on Big Money 1/2 Off, $1,000 on the Showcase Showdown, and $2,000 cash in her showcase. At $104,000, this was the record before today.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Online TinoStar11

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2015, 04:12:44 PM »
Sherrie , with her winnings today , moves into the Top 10 all time biggest daytime winners ever ( 8th )
She now also holds the Dubious Honor of the 2nd highest winner ever who didn't make it to the showcase.

Offline Eddie

• Walking the Golden Road
    • #4234K: The very first show I attended
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2015, 05:46:09 PM »
That's Too Much!: The less said about this game, the better.
I usually don't voice My opinion for a recap, but TTM is so rarely won that it should be either retired or the rules should allow the price the contestant stops on to be within a certain range over the car's actual price to win.  As it is now, playing TTM requires knowing the ARP more then usual and has no strategy.  It's like playing the 1970's bullseye game in a way.  Today's loss where the contestant was just one price higher then the right price (and the difference was just a few hundred dollars) shows this game should be scrapped.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:51:09 PM by Eddie »
Shows I Attended:
#4234K, #4235K, #8453K,
#0342L, #0314L, #0315L, #0321L, #0322L,
#0511L, #0513L & #0515L

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2015, 06:38:21 PM »
I usually don't voice My opinion for a recap, but TTM is so rarely won that it should be either retired or the rules should allow the price the contestant stops on to be within a certain range over the car's actual price to win.  As it is now, playing TTM requires knowing the ARP more then usual and has no strategy.  It's like playing the 1970's bullseye game in a way.  Today's loss where the contestant was just one price higher then the right price (and the difference was just a few hundred dollars) shows this game should be scrapped.
Well, it is a pricing game, so just like many other games on the show, it might help if you know a bit about the price of the prize offered, and it helps if you're lucky.