Author Topic: Why is BUZZR repeating the same episodes -- again?  (Read 4482 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Why is BUZZR repeating the same episodes -- again?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2015, 09:18:05 PM »
Let's Make A Deal is still on the schedule, but the normal nighttime schedule is being pre-empted for the 12 Days of Betty White Christmas marathon. LMAD will return when this is over.
Indeed, although unless something changes the current "package" consists of the first two seasons of the 1971-77 syndicated series.

For reasons I am not aware of, Buzzr promos for the show have included clips of the mid-1980s revival, but no episodes of that series have been aired by the network as of yet.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2015, 12:46:29 PM »
It's possible GSN isn't willing to part with their own digitized copies.
Wouldn't the logical move have been to make two digital copies when they were made (one for GSN's use, one for the main Fremantle archive, which I'd presume would be the base archive of Buzzr), thus averting the need for GSN to surrender their copies to begin with?

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2016, 12:30:52 AM »
Buzzr has posted on their FB page today that new episodes of Super Password and Blockbusters are beginning today.  The Sunday night lineup of $ale of The Century, Beat The Clock, & Double Dare will pick back up where they left off beginning this Sunday.  They will gradually be adding more new episodes in the coming weeks.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 11:49:40 AM »
Classic TPIR will not be on the network right now.  Let's Make A Deal is still on the schedule, but the normal nighttime schedule is being pre-empted for the 12 Days of Betty White Christmas marathon.  LMAD will return when this is over.
Perhaps we'll have to see upon Bob Barker's death when his version of the show will air? And it probably would be restricted to the CBS daytime show only, like Dawson's Feud is to ABC and Perry's Card Sharks to NBC, right?

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 06:45:23 PM »
Perry's Card Sharks to NBC
The Perry version only ever aired on NBC, at least in first-run (some episodes were put into a syndication package in 1981-82 or so).

On a more positive note, Buzzr is scheduling special programming on Valentine's Day, including He Said, She Said and the 1960s Password.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 06:55:16 PM »
The Perry version only ever aired on NBC, at least in first-run (some episodes were put into a syndication package in 1981-82 or so).
That's news to me. I knew CBN had it in the early 80s (that and Cullen's Blockbusters), together the only instances I've seen of GT shows rerunning on cable prior to GSN's launch in 1994.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 07:42:05 PM »
That's news to me.
Here is a WBZ promo from late August or early September 1982, which includes Card Sharks as well as Match Game. It is also of note in that the other show featured, Wheel of Fortune, uses footage from one of the few surviving 1982 episodes.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 07:51:15 PM by GuyWithFace »

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2016, 06:56:44 PM »
That's news to me. I knew CBN had it in the early 80s (that and Cullen's Blockbusters), together the only instances I've seen of GT shows rerunning on cable prior to GSN's launch in 1994.

There's at least one more...a channel called the "Star Television Network" reran Trivia Trap, along with Liar's Club and Jackpot.

Star only lasted 15 weeks, from Sep. 1990 to Jan. 1991...not nearly enough time to get through Trivia Trap's run.