Author Topic: Banned From Chat  (Read 18003 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Banned From Chat
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2015, 02:35:41 PM »
If we're going to start banning members on a whim like that in chat, then perhaps we need to reevaluate who exactly has powers in there.

"Start" implies this is the first time such an event has happened. :) At least it was only from chat, and for a short time period.

I agree that Schfifty is a regular and never been one to stir trouble and think it's bizarre that he would get banned. I have always found it a bit confusing as to why Recap Guides and CSS Hosts had moderator privileges but always shrugged it off as a necessity for having at least 1 moderator in chat during all shows. I've dropped off in activity recently so my opinions can be taken with a grain of salt but I concur with Prizes on this subject.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2015, 02:36:17 PM »
I want to offer my sincerest apologies for anything I said last night that may have come across as offensive to anyone, particularly those in power -- and especially Torgo. My sentiments were not meant insultingly but rather as a questioning of authority on the grounds of the information I had been presented with at that moment, as well as some preconceived notions I held beforehand.

Jess is absolutely right about bringing matters such as these to the attention of moderators first, especially those with tight connections to forum admins. However, I do think discussions like these can be healthy for us. We all have differences in opinion, and from time to time, a bit of checks and balances isn't a terribly bad idea -- if just to ensure that things continue to be run as they should and that everyone is on the same page.

With regard to the current state of affairs regarding moderators here, I do think it's time the powers that be look into evaluating the 'who does what' and what powers should be handed out. While this doesn't necessarily relate to the present discussion, I still believe the primary mods (Jess, CU, Steve -- and to a lesser extent these days, Army and Alfonso) should be given the power to ban members, at least on a temporary basis until an admin is able to make the final decision.

On the admin side of things, it's no secret that Marc and John really aren't doing much more than keeping the lights on around here. The only true admin is Chelsea. I think it's time to consider adding another admin to help keep things in line, and if it were up to me, I'd offer the job to Gavazzi. His dedication to the site over the years is almost second to none, and I think he would be perfect for the role. That would give us two admins (in addition to Marc and John) overseeing the site, and I can't see that being a bad thing as time wears on.

Also, I mentioned that Army and Alfonso really aren't all that active anymore, so essentially, we only have three "global," or whatever you want to it, moderators. I'd like to see at least two more added to the list. I believe there are a host of excellent members to choose from, so making a selection shouldn't be too cumbersome. I will add that new mods probably shouldn't get the ability to ban right away, should that power ever come to fruition -- but for the other roles, I believe it's time we add a couple more people to the mix.

These are just my throughts, and I again, I do apologize for anything I said last night that came across as less than reputable to some.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 02:40:07 PM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Grade_A23

• Outside in Line
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2015, 10:16:49 PM »
Well my fate was handled down to me and I am unbanned from chat now. Thank you all for your input on this subject. I apologize to Torgo If I came off as attacking him on twitter. That wasn't my intent at all. I will see y'all in chat on Monday morning. Mods are welcome to lock this if they want to.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2015, 10:08:15 PM »
All non-troll chat bans (all of them) have been purged.  Watch this space.