Author Topic: Non-Readout Day in Chat: 11/6/15  (Read 16714 times)

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Non-Readout Day in Chat: 11/6/15
« on: November 05, 2015, 09:26:36 PM »
Yep, you read that title right! It's no readout day tomorrow! You're going to actually have to watch the show to know what's going on. It's a bit of old-fashioned G-R fun. This means no chatroom poll of the day, no Price Was Right, no 'for tickets'. It also means you're going to have to critique the show a bit more than 'yay' or 'aw'. Whether that means something about the contestant, the setup, Drew's hosting, directing work, etc., that's up to you. This is going to be a more academic day. Be prepared to have you thinking cap on!

I understand if you make a guess on say, a one-bid or a pricing game, but other than that, you shouldn't be giving context as to what is going on, so that people can actually watch the show, and perhaps most importantly discuss it. People asking for 'recaps' of the show will not be granted.

However, a few minor exceptions will be made:

1) Torgo's PG timing matters that he usually does after the fifth pricing game, because this is actual discussion
2) Commenting about what games show up when they show up (for FPG purposes)
3) Showcase Readouts (for CSS purposes)

This is only an experiment, and only for one show. You will be okay. It also means this is final. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Complaining will get you literally nowhere, because it will be back to the modern chat as of Monday.

Please do your best to adhere to these guidelines. I try not to be too overbearing as a moderator, and I ask this, just this once, to see if we can successfully pull together a good old fashioned, show-based chat. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 09:58:27 PM by Prizes »
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
Re: Non-Readout Day in Chat: 11/6/15
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »
Yep, you read that title right! It's no readout day tomorrow! You're going to actually have to watch the show to know what's going on. It's a bit of old-fashioned G-R fun. This means no chatroom poll of the day, no Price Was Right, no 'for tickets'. It also means you're going to have to critique the show a bit more than 'yay' or 'aw'. Whether that means something about the contestant, the setup, Drew's hosting, directing work, etc., that's up to you. This is going to be a more academic day. Be prepared to have you thinking cap on!

I understand if you make a guess on say, a one-bid or a pricing game, but other than that, you shouldn't be giving context as to what is going on, so that people can actually watch the show, and perhaps most importantly discuss it. People asking for 'recaps' of the show will not be granted.

However, a few minor exceptions will be made:

1) Torgo's PG timing matters that he usually does after the fifth pricing game, because this is actual discussion
2) Commenting about what games show up when they show up (for FPG purposes)
3) Showcase Readouts (for CSS purposes)

This is only an experiment, and only for one show. You will be okay. It also means this is final. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Complaining will get you literally nowhere, because it will be back to the modern chat as of Monday.

Please do your best to adhere to these guidelines. I try not to be too overbearing as a moderator, and I ask this, just this once, to see if we can successfully pull together a good old fashioned, show-based chat. Thank you.

Thanks to those of us who are at work who find the feeds unbearable. :P
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]