Author Topic: No Readout Day: Feedback  (Read 4857 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
No Readout Day: Feedback
« on: November 06, 2015, 04:50:18 PM »
May not hurt to get feedback from the patrons in the chat from the no readout day we had. What did you like about ti? What did you not like?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
Re: No Readout Day: Feedback
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 04:58:53 PM »
I like this idea, thanks for posting it.

If you ask me, as the creator, I thought it really went well, and met expectations. Chat was normalized, and really what I had hoped to see. Impressed with the board for this today; good showing all. Of course, if you feel otherwise about its execution and reality, I'd like to know about it.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Schfifty

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 10:11:05 PM »
I'd say it was an alright experiment. One of the things I liked about it is that it reduced the amount of messages in the log, because normally when the show is read out, the log tends to get bigger the longer you're in the chatroom. Without the readout, the log becomes less cluttered with messages, plus it's a bit easier to notice what people are saying; so that's an advantage.

Another thing I liked was the predictability of pricing games. If you're watching the show on a feed, you would be able to see where the player goes on stage before the game is revealed, and you could more easily predict the game. But if you didn't have a feed, it'd be harder to try and guess what game is next, with no hint as to where Drew and the player were, which is pretty fun and challenging. It was also nice to go a day without a chatroom poll or SuperMatch's "Price Was Right" game, since those are pretty regular activities (heck, everything that was restricted today could be considered a regular activity :P).

So, yeah, this was a fairly good experiment. Hopefully this can happen again another time.
"I think everybody's weird. We should all celebrate our individuality and not be embarrassed or ashamed of it.”  — Johnny Depp

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2015, 10:13:50 AM »
I enjoy things like the chat poll, so I missed that in all honesty. But this was an interesting change of pace.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."