Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SHOWCASES  (Read 49509 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): PG6
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2015, 12:10:04 PM »
$1,600

Did I bid in the correct order this time? :oldlol:
Why yes, you did! So the bids are $1100 from SideshowPA...

DING!

...$1549 from 123123123...

DING!

...$2775 from holein1isawesome...

DING!

...and $1600 from PayingTheRent.

DING!

And the actual retail price is: $1,740. PayingTheRent is the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Hello, PayingTheRent! Now I hope your stay in Contestants' Row was worth it, because now you have a chance to win this!

GEORGE: It's a lovely party boat! (Rachel models it) (Amen, Brother Herbert) (applause) From the Chesapeake Boat Company, this party boat can accommodate up to 20 people in style. Includes a folding canvas canopy and a lower cabin for sleeping and storage.

And you are going to play Pick-a-Number for that boat.

13?70

The price that we have is at least $13,000, then we have 7 and 0 as the last two numbers.

And over where Gwendolyn is, you will pick one of these three numbers to fill in the missing spot. Are you going with the 2, the 5 or the 8?

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SIGN-UPS
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2015, 03:51:11 PM »
Oh boy... Honestly, all three of those numbers sound right, but which one could it be?

If you add up 2 + 5 + 8, you get 15, which represents the year this is: 2015. If you subtract 13, which is how many thousands of dollars the boat costs, then you are left with 2, which is the number of cents I usually have to give.

By that logic, I'll go with 2!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2015, 04:07:59 PM »
That's an interesting method indeed! Gwendolyn, bring that 2 over there, please. (she does so, and slides it into place)

GWENDOLYN: Good luck, PayingTheRent! I hope you win!

Now, if that trip is $13,270, you will end this show on a high note. Now, when I say 3, just go over there and pull it up. 1, 2, 3...

BUZZ!/Losing Horns

(audience groans)

Well, that's our fifth loss in six games. However, we're going to spin the Big Wheel next, so don't give up.

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll have the second Showcase Showdown on the other side of this break.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SCSD2
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2015, 04:15:42 PM »
(a montage of clips from the first 24 episodes plays over the MDS Consolation Prize Cue, ending with "CONGRATULATIONS!" over the TPIR logo, and "25 SHOWS" under it, on a black background)

Welcome back, and thanks for the touching tribute! That was a very nice tribute indeed, and now we're going to spin the Big Wheel one more time.

SPINNING ORDER:
PayingTheRent ($1,740)
SuperSweeper ($2,469)
CheckGameMeBob ($31,600)

You know the drill: three numbers from 1 to 20, and your minimum stopping score. Good luck to all three of you!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2015, 05:46:48 PM »
Darn.

20, 19, 18

Stop on 75 cents.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2015, 08:36:12 PM »
1, 2 and 14...stop on .50 or above if it beats Mr. Early Wynn (or should I say Early Lose?)  ;)

Offline CheckGameMeBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Check Game: Woefully Misunderstood Since 1981
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2015, 08:47:09 PM »
3, 12, and 16 please!

Stop at what beats the leader
President, Return Rich Fields Campaign

Chairman, Buy or Sell Fan Club

HYO record: Coming or Going: 1-0.  Mystery Price: 0-1.  Squeeze Play: 1-0.  Flip Flop: 1-0.  Safe Crackers: 1-0, Buy or Sell: 1-0, 3 Strikes: 1-0, Card Game: 0-1, One Away: 1-0, Bonus Game: 1-0, Bump: 1-0, Switch?: 1-0, Double Prices, 1-0, Passcode: 0-1, Easy az 1,2,3: 1-0, Fabulous Showcases: 5-1. 

Total winnings: 1,548,521

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
How the hell did I get picked 9th for this episode?

Also, it still says "sign-ups" in the thread for this show. Never would have happened under old management.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:59:55 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2015, 11:00:24 PM »

Also, it still says "sign-ups" in the thread for this show. Never would have happened under old management.

Grad school has kept me busy till yesterday. Adjusting it now.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2015, 12:32:18 PM »
Grad school has kept me busy till yesterday. Adjusting it now.
Not to nitpick, but both my Episode 24 and Renty's Episode 3 still have the thumbs-up icon and display as being in the first pricing game and the Showcases, respectively; of course, neither show is going on right now, and this one is about to wrap up in a day or two. Please fix those as well when you get around to it, thank you very much. Now on to the show in progress...

PayingTheRent will spin first.

(wheel beeps)

Of course, if you're nearest to a dollar without going over, you will be in the Showcase at the end of the show. And the first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is going to be worth...75 cents.

And you say that's enough, so over there you go.

DING!

And now it's SuperSweeper's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

Will SuperSweeper beat 75 cents in one spin? The wheel will let us know in a moment. I don't think he will do that...nope, that's not going to do.

You have 45 cents, spin it again.

(wheel beeps)

If you can get 30 to 55 cents, you will be good. 30 to tie, 35 to take over the lead, and 55 for a dollar. And there's that 30 for a tie, stop right there! STOP RIGHT THERE...OH!!!

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

I tried, but the wheel wouldn't cooperate. Thanks for playing, SuperSweeper. Now it's CheckGameMeBob's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

All you need to do to beat PayingTheRent and get into the Showcase is to get 80 or better. And will it stop on 80? Will it stop on 80? NO!!!

(audience groans)

Instead, you only got 35 cents, spin it again.

(wheel beeps)

40 to 65 will keep you around. 40 to tie, 45 to win. And I don't think this is going to work out.

MRRRRRRRRP!

There was the 80 you should've gotten the first time; I hope you had fun anyway, and enjoy your trips.

(Dig We Must 2007)

PayingTheRent is moving on to the Showcases at the end of the show. And we'll have another chance to win a million dollars coming up, but first we have these messages for you at home. Stay right there!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SHOWCASES
« Reply #115 on: December 21, 2015, 12:56:15 PM »
Welcome back, everybody! It's time for the Showcases, with AMGray1986 as the Top Winner and PayingTheRent as the Runner-Up! Now I'm hoping for a miracle tonight, which means that one of you will win your Showcase. Of course, the one closest to the actual retail price of his Showcase without going over will win it, and I have one last thing to say to you: If you are the winner, and you're $1,000 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, you will win both Showcases...AND A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

("$1,000,000" spins onto screen)

(Million-Dollar Game reveal stinger)

(cheers and applause)

Now that we have all that out of the way, it's time to present our first Showcase. George, take it away!

(1994/2007 TPIR Theme Mashup)

GEORGE: This Showcase features prizes revealed to make you feel jazzy all over! And it starts with you playing beautiful music on this beautiful saxophone! (Amber models it) (applause)

This Selmer alto saxophone is perfect for beginners, and comes with mouthpiece, reeds and velvet-lined carrying case. Next, we're sending you to a place that you can agree is pretty jazzy, and by the way, it happens to be my hometown, swinging St. Louis! (Gwendolyn models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to St. Louis, Missouri, for a six-night stay at the Riverfront Grand Hotel in Downtown St. Louis! Conveniently located in the heart of the city, and within minutes of its main attractions, shops and museums, including the iconic Gateway Arch! And finally, you can play your jazz music everywhere you go, on the sound system in your new luxury crossover! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2016 Lincoln MKC luxury crossover, featuring a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with six-speed automatic transmission, front-wheel drive, AM/FM stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, premium leather seating, luggage rack, dual climate control, cargo net and engine block heater. And there you go: an alto saxophone to practice your tunes on, a trip to St. Louis and a new luxury crossover! You surely will have fun with this swell Showcase, but only if the price is right!

Now AMGray1986, here's the question: Are you going to bid on this Showcase, or pass it to PayingTheRent?

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2015, 04:35:26 AM »
Pass

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #117 on: December 22, 2015, 10:46:08 AM »
That's a dandy of a showcase right there!

Let's go with...

$67....

(audience yells)

No, wait...

(lots of audience shouting)

Screw them...

I'll bid $42,422.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: December 22, 2015, 12:27:05 PM »
So AMGray1986 passes to PayingTheRent, who bids $42,422.

$42,422
PAYINGTHERENT

DING!

Now AMGray1986, here comes your Showcase!

(Rock & Roll Showcase Cue)

GEORGE: AMGray1986, this Showcase features prizes revealed as we've seemingly run out of ideas on what to give you, so we decided to start with this rocking car stereo! (Amber models it) (applause)

This Kenwood car stereo features eight speakers, a remote control, a front-loading CD player, a digital AM/FM tuner with satellite radio capabilities, and an auxiliary jack that allows you to connect it to your iPod or MP3 player and cruise for hours of driving fun. Then we decided that you can't have a car stereo without something to put it in, like this new Jeep! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X2, featuring a 3.7-liter PentaStar V6 engine with 9-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, power moonroof, luggage rack, cargo net and engine block heater. And this Showcase can be yours...

MIKE RICHARDS: (off camera) Hey George!

GEORGE: What?!

MIKE: We're not done yet!

GEORGE: What did I forget?

MIKE: You were supposed to tell them about the next prize, which is a Cadillac Escalade! (Gwendolyn models it) (Car Slide) (wild cheers and applause)

GEORGE: It's the 2016 Cadillac Escalade 4X2, featuring a 6.2-liter V8 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and MP3 jack, 12-disc CD changer, premium leather seating, chrome accents, dual climate control, luggage rack, cargo net and engine block heater. So it's a car stereo, plus a new Jeep and a new Cadillac Escalade. (he and Mike appear together at his podium) And this Showcase, in which Mike Richards just saved my butt, can be yours if the price is right!

Thanks, guys! And we just got an excellent cameo by Mike Richards to go with that! Now AMGray1986, I want your bid on this Showcase.

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2015, 12:43:04 PM »
$75,628
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 03:38:10 PM by Roadgeek Adam »