Author Topic: Can anyone identify this contestant/episode?  (Read 4028 times)

Offline tonygrace

• In the Audience
Can anyone identify this contestant/episode?
« on: November 22, 2015, 07:36:39 PM »
This contestant clip has been shown on NUMEROUS compilation and "best game show moments" clips, along with some throwback clips during anniversary episodes. It's one of my favorite ones and I've always wanted to be able to identify the episode - thinking this would be fun to see in full.  It seems that it's post October 1980 (there's a green curtain on the right hand side of the back of the audience) but before late 1982 (as per the turntable light/color scheme).  Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline whewfan

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Can anyone identify this contestant/episode?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:33:38 AM »
I certainly remember the contestant, but her episode was never shown on GSN... could be one of the fur coat episodes, also the first Samoan episode has never been shown in its entirety, maybe for the same reason.

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 11:58:27 PM »
could be by chance the infamous cookie from the shell game in march of 82? I'm just guessing.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:25:13 AM »
Why would she be standing at home base if they were going to play Shell Game?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 11:05:51 AM »
could be by chance the infamous cookie from the shell game in march of 82? I'm just guessing.

Who is Cookie?

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »
In the very brief clip of her winning the showcase showdown, I tried to look at her name tag. From what little I could see of it, it looked like it said "Michelle".

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:55:33 PM »
I never saw the episode in question, but I believe that they were going to play Lucky $even, based on the fact that they were standing in front of the Turntable instead of on it. So if this is indeed true, then Cookie is an entirely different person.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 03:07:19 PM »
I never saw the episode in question, but I believe that they were going to play Lucky $even, based on the fact that they were standing in front of the Turntable instead of on it. So if this is indeed true, then Cookie is an entirely different person.

Standing in front of the turntable, doesn't automatically mean Lucky $even.  There a few car games, even in 1980, were they stood in front of the turntable for the reveal of the car.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 03:30:43 PM »
No, but look at her eyes and where they're facing. They're facing Door 2, not Door 3.

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean it's Lucky Seven, either, but it means it's either that or Temptation or Card Game.

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »
Looking at the scsd pic where we can see some letters on the girl's tag (M and Y) it's likely  that her name is May or Marry but we since we don't have the full episode anywhere  (as of yet) we can't be for sure.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 04:05:15 PM by pricemodel1997 »

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 06:41:00 PM »
Could the episode took place around St Patricks day since Bob is wearing a green jacket? It's just a thought.

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 06:58:42 PM »

Cookie is a different person. She appeared on March 4th, 1982 episode.

Offline tonygrace

• In the Audience
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:07:07 PM »
I was hoping that the green jacket and the flower on Bob's lapel might also be clues since I can't remember another instance where he had either (espcially a jacket in that SHADE of green).  The concentration car music was playing while she was screaming in the shot at home base, so we know at the very least that a car was being offered. 

Offline FDRfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 06:00:03 AM »
Does the DOB still talk to fans on facebook? Maybe we can ask him.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 01:14:23 PM »
Could the episode took place around St Patricks day since Bob is wearing a green jacket? It's just a thought.

It could have, but not necessarily. I don't think Bob's outfit will be too much help in deciphering the episode, unfortunately. I've seen numerous episodes from around this era of Price where Bob is wearing that jacket or a very similar shade of green (One that comes to mind immediately took place in 1979--I uploaded the clip of the show ending with the Bee Gees' song "Stayin' Alive" back when I was uploading to YouTube). It was more "in style" at the time, whereas today, we look at a jacket that color and think "Ohh, St. Patrick's Day!"