Author Topic: OBIT-Marc Breslow  (Read 6851 times)

Offline tonygrace

• In the Audience
Re: OBIT-Marc Breslow
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:21 PM »
Breslow's direction was, hands down, the gold standard of television production as an "art".  It's an art that is, sadly, dying with the proliferation of the "viral video" and selfie generation.  It's great, but more rare, to find people who enjoy making great television as an art.  His direction, though I didn't know it at the time, had a profound impact on my decision to go into television.

Offline LarryC

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
His direction, though I didn't know it at the time, had a profound impact on my decision to go into television.

Same here.

I was just thinking about him the other day, when I re-watched the "Match Game: Behind the Blank" documentary.  (Not only was Marc Breslow not included in that, but producer Ira Skutch was credited as "director/producer" in it!)

RIP, Mr. Breslow.

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 09:00:57 PM »
producer Ira Skutch was credited as "director/producer" in it!)

Ira was one of the directors of the original Match Game, in addition to producing the CBS run and Match Game PM.

History gets blurred.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 09:29:49 PM »
A true genius not just on Price but also in the game show world. He will be truly missed. RIP Marc Breslow.  :cry: