Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 12/15/15  (Read 11716 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 12/15/15
« on: December 15, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »

Episode Clips
Push Over
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:08:20 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/15/15
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:32:34 PM »
Has Hole ever ruined a perfect show before? I'd imagine yes, but it feels like it'd be very rare. Regardless, we're in a putting slump right now, hopefully we'll rebound on the next playing.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 10:38:46 PM »
hopefully we'll rebound on the next playing.

I see what you did there.

Another huge range in Magic Number. No one is going to go up to $5,000, realistically, so why not save a few bucks and make a $3,000 prize for the top.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:39:35 PM »
What a show. Great games. Great results.

I was not pleased with the start. I know you had great things coming but One Wrong Price/Push Over is a HORRIBLE start unless one of them is for a car. Push/Hole/Magic/OWP/Key/Balance would've been far better slotting in my opinion. Still, it was a wonderful lineup.

Wow. To lose out on a perfect show because of a Hole In One loss from the 4th line is just stunning. If only she hadn't gone in so hard on the first putt, different story. At least there was enough time to keep in the inspirational putt. First one of the season, I believe.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 10:46:01 PM by Chelsea »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 10:47:25 PM »
An overall fun show, I think I enjoyed this one a little more than the first one. We were dancing with the woman seated next to me before the show.

Emily was absolutely type-A contestant material the entire time before the show. Her and her group were full of non-stop energy and it was quite obvious one of them would be picked.

We were really glad Cor'ney didn't go with the majority of the audience and went with the milk instead of the burrito. If only we could've putt for her.

Maria's calldown had to be redone twice. The original time she was called down, for some reason someone on the other side of the audience stood up and the camera naturally followed in that direction. After the show they reshot it but I'm not sure why they had to do it again after that.

They also redid the shot of the second small prize in Master Key due to Delia standing directly in front of it to get a better look of it. The crowd absolutely erupted when Delia won that car.

Offline pricemodel1997

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 11:20:13 PM »
Don't you just hate it when one bad putt spoils the show? That is annoying. Still a 5/6 is something special. When's the last time that happened?

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 11:34:54 PM »
October 28, where Temptation was won, but Clock Game spoiled the perfect show.

Offline Scorpz

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2015, 12:43:17 AM »
Has Hole ever ruined a perfect show before? I'd imagine yes, but it feels like it'd be very rare. Regardless, we're in a putting slump right now, hopefully we'll rebound on the next playing.

I believe it last happened on May 12, 2003 (Season 31):

Swap Meet (W)
Bonkers (W)
Hole in One (L)
Magic # (W)
Master Key (W)
Pick-a-Number (W)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:17 AM »
Leave it to Hole In One to be the busted leg of the TPIR centipede. Still, it was a really good show today.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2015, 03:18:01 AM »
I believe it last happened on May 12, 2003 (Season 31):

Swap Meet (W)
Bonkers (W)
Hole in One (L)
Magic # (W)
Master Key (W)
Pick-a-Number (W)
I don't know what's more hilarious, that 3-5 is the same or that 1-2 in this lineup so much better than today's 1-2
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2015, 08:08:49 AM »
Recap is up.

Relax.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2015, 09:04:10 AM »
You are the BEST recapper this site's ever had and you are also a success-hungry D.J.!

YOU'RE GOING TO SUCCEED, YOU GOD BLESSED HUMAN!

thank YOU!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Did I do my recap reply correctly?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2015, 10:01:05 AM »
You are the BEST recapper this site's ever had and you are also a success-hungry D.J.!

YOU'RE GOING TO SUCCEED, YOU GOD BLESSED HUMAN!

thank YOU!

----------------------------------------------------------------

Did I do my recap reply correctly?

At least I get my late results out within 24 hours of the show airing. You took a whole weekend and continuously have someone else handle your dirty work. I would focus on making unfunny collusion references and holding vendettas against successful FPG players than trying to come at me with some hypocritical shade.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 10:03:10 AM by Torgo »

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2015, 11:58:16 AM »
At least I get my late results out within 24 hours of the show airing. You took a whole weekend and continuously have someone else handle your dirty work. I would focus on making unfunny collusion references and holding vendettas against successful FPG players than trying to come at me with some hypocritical shade.

That made no sense whatsoever.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2015, 03:09:28 AM »
Emily's "Let 'Em(ily) Roll" was one of the best shirts I've seen in a long time.

Delia was an absolutely delightful contestant.  I'm so glad she won Master Key.

Why did part of the audience start applauding when Drew moved the $199 bag at the beginning of Balance Game? :confused:
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.