Author Topic: OK, il Prezzo e Giusto!  (Read 26626 times)

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
OK, il Prezzo e Giusto!
« on: March 12, 2007, 04:41:07 PM »
I was screwing around online today and found this awesome site about the Italian version of The Price Is Right.  It's in Italian, of course, but it's got pictures of every game (except Now....and Then...apparently, it was retired after the first season because they used prizes instead of groceries and the sponsors got sick of people seeing how much their prices had gone up!).

And what's more...they credit us!  They acknowledge that some of their US pictures come from the Golden Gallery, and we're listed in their external links.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: OK, il Prezzo e Giusto!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 06:51:12 PM »
Wow, this is awesome! You've heard me say I love Italy's TPIR before, so you know I especially appreciate this. Neat to see how the games look over there, especially Walk of Fame & On The Nose.

Thanks for finding it, Steve!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 07:15:57 PM »
I can try to translate some of the pages (as I am an Italian major in university), or you can use Babelfish to translate it yourself
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
Given those two options, I'd have to pick the first...Babelfish isn't exactly perfect.  Anything that refers to prizes as "racing silks" probably isn't that great of a tool for translating entire paragraphs.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 12:08:50 AM »
Honestly, the less said about Now...and Then the better.  :-P

(And I find it funny how their Hi-Lo game translates into More or Less through Babelfish.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 09:19:53 AM »
<>

...or you could ask me since I'm Italian and I watched OK since when I was a baby (and it was a weekly 2-hour program then)

<<(And I find it funny how their Hi-Lo game translates into More or Less through Babelfish.)>>

In fact "Più o Meno" exactly means More or Less.

Too bad OK isn't around anymore or MoL would have been a nice translation challenge for the authors.  Maybe they could have named it "Higher or Lower"  :D

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:30:41 AM »
As a part-time web designer, I have to say ... this has to be one of the worst design ever. All that moving text is A) going too fast, and B) making me dizzy !

But the pricing games look nice. It's seems like they've done their homework. The only question I have : How many different hosts did this show have? I have seen at least 4 different people hosting. 2 men and 2 women.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »
The hosts were 1 man and then 3 women.

Gigi Sabani was the first host from 1983 to 1987, then Iva Zanicchi hosted the show until 2000 with Emanuela Folliero briefly replacing her in May and June 1999.  Then the last season in 2001 was hosted by Maria Teresa Ruta.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 09:37:55 PM »
Why did Iva leave the show, anyway?  I've never understood that.

For that matter, why did Gigi leave?

And as long as I'm asking questions...why was the show cancelled?

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 12:19:14 AM »
<>

The show was killed by a number of factors:  

The show was just "too old" for the audience and it didn't help that the Mediaset group aired it on Rete4, considered the graveyard of gameshows (Wheel of Fortune found its doom there, too)

Also, the number of gameshows were drastically reduced because of budget cuts and Mediaset couldn't afford to keep TPIR on.

Thirdly, after Iva left the show there was no host willing to save a dead horse except for Maria Teresa Ruta who tried her very best before the show got ultimately axed.

And lastly, the change to the Euro currency made most of the props instantly obsolete and the game too hard for the average contestant.  Try playing TPIR in a foreign currency and see what you can win.

<>

She left because she never actually wanted to host!
She's actually a singer who wanted to promote herself on TV and in the 80s a gameshow was the best way to appear on a screen. With time she grew bored to death of TPIR and all of a sudden she left and never looked back.

<>

I really don't know, surely he found better things to do. In later years he hosted a number of talent contests and he was happy with them. Now he sometimes reappears on TV doing some comedy

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 07:40:21 PM »
They should try to bring it back.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
OK is confirmed for the italian Gameshow Marathon, presumably right after Easter

Curiously OK ended two days before Easter 2001 (a friday 13th to boot)

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 12:51:28 AM »
Do you know who the host(s) are?

Do you remember the Emanuela Folliero  hosted verson. I remember hearing that she never liked doing it

Offline aleok

• Outside in Line
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »
Ms. Folliero left "OK,il prezzo è giusto" for personal reasons.

Offline CeleTheRef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 07:38:08 PM »
Sure, Folliero had to learn all those pricing games and how to host them in front of a crowd shouting random numbers.  She just wasn't ready for it.

There are still no certain news about Gameshow Marathon, except that OK is in.