Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 12/14/15  (Read 4533 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 12/14/15
« on: December 14, 2015, 01:21:10 PM »

Episode Clips
Squeeze Play
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:16:35 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/14/15
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »
I was rooting for Ryan...like Torgo, I enjoy seeing "repeat" contestants.  It's too bad that he got tripped up by a One Away setup that was difficult if you haven't seen the Tacoma before.

If you're reading this, Ryan, please feel free to chip in!   :-)

Hey, look!  An "old" car in That's Too Much - and it was still lost!   :lol:

When did Alexander McQueen products get so (relatively) cheap?

Of course, they have to have deceptively expensive showcases on the one day when I don't have to play CSS blind!   :oldlol:

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 12:27:07 AM »
And yet another person who overpriced on a Tacoma...Those trucks are never that expensive.

And coffee and donuts for a year? Guess they were fishing out old stuff from the Law Enforcement special from S41.  :P

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:20:27 AM »
With the taxes, it may be cheaper to decline the trip and book via a sale/low season, as a quick Google search shows the price range of the Sydney hotel starting at $147. However, given CBS' policy of a trip that can be taken at any time of year, the peak rates are applied, and that comes out to $685 on that same search, and who knows what airline was used since those prices, even in coach can be expensive in high season. The TAXES alone are probably around $5-$6K just for that, and with 6 nights around $1200, around $3000 for a round trip flight for two via a sale, it shows that the real winners sometimes are the IRS, but at least the trip wasn't won this time. I doubt the surfing lesson for just an hour is more than A$500. 

That said, a very average show with an average lineup, average winnings, and of course the one truck model only trend for this season continuing. At least it was nice to see a CR-Z instead of a Prius in the showcase, and even nicer to see it won.

Show Grade: C+
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 07:22:36 AM by pannoni1 »
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 07:26:00 AM »
Hey!
My name's Ryan and I was a contestant on The Price is Right during this episode.  It was an incredible experience!  Everyone from the top to bottom at the show was just fabulous.
I was very honoured to be picked first.  I was also relieved to get on stage... then to get 4/5 on the first try at One Away... then to win at the wheel and advance to play for those showcases.
It's been a whirlwind time - after sitting on this for roughly four months it was very exciting to share it with others.  I had two viewing parties - one at school with the students I teach and one with friends.  Neither group knew that we were going to be watching the show so it came to quite a shock to them!  It was great getting to watch it.
I'm not sure what other to share... I had been up yesterday since 4 am eastern so I was pretty pooped... lots of emotions have ran through me!
That's about it I think!
Ryan.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 08:30:11 AM »
snip

I had a feeling you had an account here already.

We'll set you up with a gold star soon enough.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 03:01:42 AM »
Hey!
My name's Ryan and I was a contestant on The Price is Right during this episode.  It was an incredible experience!  Everyone from the top to bottom at the show was just fabulous.
I was very honoured to be picked first.  I was also relieved to get on stage... then to get 4/5 on the first try at One Away... then to win at the wheel and advance to play for those showcases.
It's been a whirlwind time - after sitting on this for roughly four months it was very exciting to share it with others.  I had two viewing parties - one at school with the students I teach and one with friends.  Neither group knew that we were going to be watching the show so it came to quite a shock to them!  It was great getting to watch it.
I'm not sure what other to share... I had been up yesterday since 4 am eastern so I was pretty pooped... lots of emotions have ran through me!
That's about it I think!
Ryan.

Holy crap, how did I not catch your name during the opening?!  It's good to see a longtime member of the community get on the show...and for what it's worth, I'd have made the same change in One Away that you made.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 06:37:29 PM »
Torgo - thanks for the kind shoutout in the recap.  And I have to say I'm excited to get the gold star as well.

Steve - thanks for your kind words too.  One Away is a tough game so I was pleased to do as well as I did! 

Ryan.