Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 12/21/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 1)  (Read 12752 times)

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/21/15 (Christmas Week 2015 - Day 1)
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »
Drew was absolutely spot on with his comment about the 1st Triple Play win since 2007.  Airdate: November 21st, 2007.

Lineup: Triple Play/It's In The Bag/Eazy As 1-2-3/Barker's Bargain Bar/Money Game/Cliff Hangers (4 out of 6 + $8000 in Bag)
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 02:09:39 PM »
It was also won on Dec 6th of that year.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline namnhu12

• 12/19/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 02:15:55 PM »
Wayoshi, you are right. 

Triple Play/Eazy As 1-2-3/Barker's Bargain Bar/It's In The Bag/Cliff Hangers/Money Game (4 out of 6)
I got to live my lifelong dream on December 19, 2023.

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 02:28:30 PM »
Wow, that remixed lineup of S36 lol

Online Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/21/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 1 - Triple Play W)
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 11:23:21 PM »
The DOB had some comments on this playing of Triple Play when prompted on Facebook:

Thanks for posting that...as I have stated before, I no longer watch the show regularly after I learned that they often re-enact moments and severly edit the show. It was interesting to see how they now play the game.

There are quite a few things that occur on the segment that would have never occurred on Classic Price is Right with Bob Barker.

I am flattered that you wish to hear my thoughts and opinions on the show...here goes...

First of all, we never allowed costumes such as his lights around his neck and his head gear...we didn't want to look like Let's Make a Deal.
Second. the background with the moving snowflakes is far too distracting and annoying...all attention should be on Drew and the contestant...not activity in the background.
Third...Drew makes no attempt to build up suspense on the reveals...he rushes thru each reveal.
Fourth...somebody tell Drew that yelling does not equal excitement.

I found it interesting that Drew notes that the game has not been won since 2007...that is a fact that is sort of an embarrassment and not something the show should brag about. I don't know what the show's thinking is that they feel that is a good thing to talk about!

The contestant was good...he was a dedicated fan and one could see how he loves the show...unfortunately, Drew did not find out more about him.

Bob, of course, would have enjoyed the contestant, and extracted as much from his character as he could. Bob would have extrended the final reveal and made it much more dramatic and suspensful whether it was a loss or a win.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/21/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 1)
« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2015, 12:09:19 AM »
Well, I managed to spoil the Triple Play win for myself (my fault for coming on the site before watching the show a day late), but still ended up being pretty damn exciting.  I was surprised that Drew actually pointed out that it was the first win in eight years, and it was nice to see him really sell the game when for his first five or six years, he didn't even seem to give a rat's ass while he hosted it.

I know I say this seemingly every time they have them, but I love the graphics on the Turntable wall.

I understand that he's on site staff, but would somebody please remind me why any of us are supposed to respect Torgo?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/21/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 1)
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2015, 12:30:22 AM »
Bob this and Bob that, but Bob also had so much more time to work with. For all we know, Drew found out about the contestant more, but we have commercials to air! Granted, I can only speak from the two shows I attended, but it certainly does not feel anywhere near as rushed in-studio. I think Drew acts urgently because he's told to.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.