Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 12/24/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 4 - Kids 2015)  (Read 9950 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 12/24/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 4 - Kids 2015)
« on: December 24, 2015, 12:13:24 PM »

Episode Clips
Lucky Seven
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 08:23:20 AM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GameShowKid

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPIR Recap - 12/24/15 (Christmas Week 2015, Day 4)
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 12:53:46 PM »
I was expecting more from the Christmas Eve show (I figured Plinko would be played - meh). Nonetheless, we did have an auto in each showcase, as well as nice wins in Lucky $even (easy setup) and That's Too Much!. 

There were also some fantastic wins earlier this week.

Happy Holidays to all. :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 01:02:17 PM by GameShowKid »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 01:25:47 PM »
It looked like the Wheel was loosened on purpose for the kids, when it has already been loose the past 4-6 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous, especially when I think the parent has to primarily spin anyways for S&P purposes.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline shell_game

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2015, 01:42:44 PM »
It looked like the Wheel was loosened on purpose for the kids, when it has already been loose the past 4-6 weeks.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.  I felt like we watched that wheel spin more than we watched games being played.  It threw Drew off, too.  His estimate of where the wheel would stop was consistently off by two or more spaces.

Still, a good show overall but not as good as the other shows this week.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:29:57 PM »
Two "Finallys" of the day- Lucky $even was won (w/ $4 to spare) & some kids got to play PL!NKO.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2015, 02:49:07 PM »
Two "Finallys" of the day- Lucky $even was won (w/ $4 to spare) & some kids got to play PL!NKO.

See Kids Show, the first. (5/3/13: $2,604) You may be retracting.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2015, 02:57:58 PM »
It looked like the Wheel was loosened on purpose for the kids, when it has already been loose the past 4-6 weeks. Absolutely ridiculous, especially when I think the parent has to primarily spin anyways for S&P purposes.

Why would the parent have to spin?  I understand why the parent would have to make all of the pricing decisions, as well as the choice of whether or not to take the second spin, but why can't one of the kids actually spin?

I also thought I heard the mother playing Plinko tell her kids that she had to be the one to actually drop the chips (and she did).

Also, Drew needed to be a little more clearer in one of his explanations; it sounded as if the contestants would not actually win the Items Up For Bids, but instead they would be given to Toys For Tots.  (I assume that both the winning contestants and Toys For Tots would receive them.)

One last thing...No Tree As A Prize Again?

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 09:21:51 PM »
This was honestly one the most lackluster lineups of the Kids' Specials. I'm not surprised. They hadn't repeated any games in the first three specials, so I'd understand why they tried to use more different games. It isn't that the games didn't work with kids. But when put together the lineup takes a dive. That's Too Much and Lucky Seven do work for it, but perhaps only one of those could've been played. Spelling Bee seems like it would've been perfect for this show and was certainly not out of the question as they've done 2 SP games in 2 of the 3 previous specials.

I suppose this short somewhat uninspired lineup could be attributed to the loose wheel, but the wheel being that loose just doesn't make sense. If 2-3 people are spinning the wheel it doesn't need to be loose. Even though they're kids, that's better than just one person spinning. Watching it go round and round like that was odd to say the least.

Not surprised at all that both Lucky Seven and That's Too Much were won. It's Christmas Eve and, even though they broke bank earlier in the week, it would still look good to be kind to the kids. It's so nice to see an L7 setup that doesn't make me cringe.

This has been a wonderful Christmas Week. I feel it was still missing something (but not the winning!) than others (Season 39 is a high watermark in the Mike era) and the lack of physical decor on home base made it seem barren to me. Still, great job show for putting up a few fantastic lineups and nice setup. You've still made it enjoyable for me.

Merry Christmas, everybody!
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 07:30:52 AM »
No Christmas tree or other Christmas items up for bids. Is the show doing away with giving away Christmas Tree during Christmas week?

Online Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2015, 10:49:38 AM »
Why would anyone want to win a Christmas tree ?  I've been trying for some time to figure out why people are so nostalgic for that, but honestly, that would not be a prize I'd want to win.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2015, 01:41:34 PM »
No Christmas tree or other Christmas items up for bids. Is the show doing away with giving away Christmas Tree during Christmas week?

Considering we haven't seen a Christmas Tree IUFB in years - Season 39, I think? - then yes.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2015, 02:38:33 PM »
Considering we haven't seen a Christmas Tree IUFB in years - Season 39, I think? - then yes.

Season 39 is correct. The tree is done, alright?
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2015, 06:07:09 PM »
Why would anyone want to win a Christmas tree ?  I've been trying for some time to figure out why people are so nostalgic for that, but honestly, that would not be a prize I'd want to win.
Christmas trees cost money, especially furnished ones, and millions need Christmas trees for the holiday. So, while it might not be the most glamorous prize, for the holiday, to get a fresh, already decorated tree that will last years? That sounds like a practical prize that I think a lot of people would find useful.

But yeah, the show hasn't offered a tree in a while, so I'd consider it a dead tradition. However, I wouldn't leave it out of the realm of possibilities for the show to bring it back at some point.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2015, 06:29:50 PM »
Honestly, another reason why the board is considered a group of whiners by the Internet at large.... who the hell cares if they give away a Chistmas tree? They were ridiculously over-priced when they did give them away, and generally ugly as sin. I'd take an exploding hover board any day over a plastic tree full of tacky decorations.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2015, 07:06:46 PM »
Honestly, another reason why the board is considered a group of whiners by the Internet at large
This is adorable. The internet at large? Try maybe 100 people.