Author Topic: TPIR Recap - 01/04/16  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
TPIR Recap - 01/04/16
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:24:17 PM »
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 06:45:22 PM by Torgo »
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
Re: TPIR Recap - 01/04/16
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 02:22:23 PM »
This...really wasn't how to start 2016 today. A(nother) terrible L7 setup didn't help much, either...Same with this lineup. Plus, I think TTM for a Outlander was a bad combination IMHO...It has been a while since we see that SUV in play.

And I can't help but feel really bad for Marina since she got snakebitten twice on C-O and on the wheel as well.

Also, Plinko was being...Plinko. But what else is new?

The only thing that didn't made it any worse was that easy-as-Hell Spree win. The SC bids weren't that bad, either.

So far, this is off to a rocky start as it seems...But considering the past couple of weeks, it shouldn't be too surprising that some meager shows were to be expected. And this was no exception. Hope it won't be like that the rest of this week.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 02:33:33 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:35:48 PM »
This sure felt like Mike was out for revenge immediately after the perfect show last Wed (taped just after). Just a ridiculous reuse of L7/TTM again, and honestly everything was hard except Spree and Plinko.

I mean OK, we needed a budget show, maybe even a couple more coming up, I get it, but they really do not have a clue how to make such shows enjoyable anymore.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline pannoni1

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2016, 07:46:03 AM »
Welcome to mid-season budget mode folks, and with the exception of the first showcase and Shopping Spree, almost everything was not destined to be won. If you see a car "driving" itself onstage (does Google do all the work now?) from left to right, expect another *ucky $even loss if it isn't a special week or episode. It's been awhile since Check-Out was done in by one item, but the Bacon clearly was it, and I had a bad feeling about the low price given that a pound of meat can still mean money, even though many see bacon as cheaper than steak or turkey. Bargain was indeed a trap; while UHDTV is still top of the line, 48 inches isn't a huge screen. The wine opener was a bit tricky for Plinko ($17 vs. $20 as possibilities) and even though the other prices weren't too hard, having just $1000 is very underwhelming. I also feel sorry for John in just missing $1,000 on the first spin after his Plinko luck, but at least $1000 is better than $300 like what Theresa and Richard ended up with!

Show Grade: C-
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2016, 05:50:14 PM »
If you see a car "driving" itself onstage (does Google do all the work now?) from left to right, expect another *ucky $even loss if it isn't a special week or episode.
I see what you did there, sir. :-)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 02:31:29 AM »
L7's setup seemed downright impossible...Almost as hard as 30+ years ago when zeroes commonly showed up in car's price...Checkout's pricing/product scheme also set the contestant up to lose, considering that in many regions of the country bacon doesn't sell for anywhere near $8.00/lb...This along with That's too Much....surprised this one wasn't an El Skunko....

Welcome to mid-season budget mode folks, and with the exception of the first showcase and Shopping Spree, almost everything was not destined to be won. If you see a car "driving" itself onstage (does Google do all the work now?) from left to right, expect another *ucky $even loss if it isn't a special week or episode. It's been awhile since Check-Out was done in by one item, but the Bacon clearly was it, and I had a bad feeling about the low price given that a pound of meat can still mean money, even though many see bacon as cheaper than steak or turkey. Bargain was indeed a trap; while UHDTV is still top of the line, 48 inches isn't a huge screen. The wine opener was a bit tricky for Plinko ($17 vs. $20 as possibilities) and even though the other prices weren't too hard, having just $1000 is very underwhelming. I also feel sorry for John in just missing $1,000 on the first spin after his Plinko luck, but at least $1000 is better than $300 like what Theresa and Richard ended up with!

Show Grade: C-
: Mid season budget mode?? Does this mean they'll throw out the rules on Dice Game's next playing and include zeroes and 7-9s in the price??

Consecutive posts merged. The "edit" button exists for a reason.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2016, 03:34:52 AM by therealcu2010 »