Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SHOWCASES  (Read 49142 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SHOWCASES
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2015, 01:01:28 PM »
And AMGray1986's bid is $75,628.

$75,628
AMGRAY1986

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll be back to find out who the winner is, but first we have these messages for you.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7)
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2015, 01:47:23 PM »
And welcome back to the show, which is about to reach its exciting conclusion! AMGray1986, we're going to start with you. You had a car stereo system, a Jeep Grand Cherokee and a Cadillac Escalade, and you bid $75,628. Actual retail price: $106,784, for a difference of...

$31,156
AMGRAY1986

DING!

...$31,156. (applause) Now over to PayingTheRent, who had a saxophone, a trip to St. Louis and a Lincoln MKC. Your bid was $42,422, and the actual retail price is: $42,865, for a difference of...

$443
PAYINGTHERENT

...$443, and YOU WIN BOTH SHOWCASES AND A MILLION DOLLARS!!!

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-WHOOP-WHOOP-WHOOP!

(confetti falls on stage)

(wild cheers and applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

$1,000,000

Do you believe in miracles??? We just had our first-ever Double Showcase Winner for the first time in history!

$1,151,389

In fact, PayingTheRent has just won $1,151,389 in cash and prizes, and after all that losing for most of the show, we get a miracle finish tonight! A Double Showcase and million-dollar winner on the same show; it doesn't get any better than this! Teddy here, reminding you to help control the pet population and have your pets spayed or neutered, because it's the right thing to do. Thanks for watching, and we'll see you on the daytime Price is Right. Good night, everybody!

(music segues into Rock & Roll Showcase Cue)

(end credits roll)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a FremantleMedia production!

TOTAL WINNINGS:
PayingTheRent ($1,151,389)
CheckGameMeBob ($31,600)
wpghi5 ($3,900)
AMGray1986 ($3,570)
SuperSweeper ($2,469)
Cool Steve ($2,450)

And there you have it: 25 shows in the books, and what an amazing finish it was!

Coincidentally, the last time we had a 1/6 show was back in Episode 5, and that show also had Five Price Tags and It's in the Bag in its lineup. Of course, it had that infamous Bag gaffe in which poor writing led to a wipeout, but then was changed to a technical win; Tags was the only game fully won.

That million-dollar win in the Showcases more than made up for the fact that the Bentley was never played for in Golden Road. And PayingTheRent is the second millionaire in the history of the series, after gr8daynegb in Episode 4, who won $1,239,438 on that show. Like PayingTheRent, gr8daynegb also won an Escalade and a million dollars, although it came in the Million-Dollar Game, Master Key.

I will take a break from hosting, because I know there are lots of other people waiting in line to host their first shows under Roadgeek Adam. Let's make the HYO section as successful as ever!

And one more thing: :dsw:!!! :mrgreen:

Up next: Episode 26. The floor is now open for your comments.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SCSD2
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2015, 02:11:24 PM »
*faints*

*becomes aware again of what just happened*

I JUST WON A MILLION FREAKIN' DOLLARS!!! :hammer:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 02:15:45 PM by PayingTheRent »
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 25 (MDS 7): SCSD2
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2015, 03:46:17 PM »
I just forgot about the TPG, and here are the results:

CheckGameMeBob: Golden Road/Grand Game/Buy or Sell/Hole in One/Range Game/Cliff Hangers
PayingTheRent: Vend-O-Price/Triple Play/Range Game/Freeze Frame/Any Number/Punch-A-Bunch
SuperSweeper: Cover Up/1 Right Price/Vend-o-Price/Play Your Percentages/Add 'em Up/Give or Keep
AMGray1986: Dice Game/It's in the Bag /Safe Crackers/Rat Race/Do the Math/Vend - O - Price
wpghi5: Pick-A-Pair/One Away/Bonus Game/Let Em Roll/Magic #/Make Your Move
123123123: One Right Price/Vend-O-Price/10 Chances/Squeeze Play/Secret X/3 Strikes
holein1isawesome: Lucky $even/Race Game/Grand Game/Double Cross/Pathfinder/Range Game

Well, I can see that Vend-O-Price is getting lots of love, but it'll have to wait a couple more episodes to show up. And only three people got one game correct each, and they are CheckGameMeBob, AMGray1986, and 123123123. Therefore, they will get automatic First Four passes to the next show if they sign up.